First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, BMW R9T, BMW X4M40i
Occupation
Falconer
I worked at Mercedes, and as amazing as the AMG GT is several of our customers drove them for 6 months to a year and traded them.
It seems the car is not very well liked
Sponsored

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
I worked at Mercedes, and as amazing as the AMG GT is several of our customers drove them for 6 months to a year and traded them.
It seems the car is not very well liked
Anyone driving a Jeep must have something going for them...at a minumum, part of the Jeep Team...anyone driving an AMG GT...must be a prima donna...or at a minimum, someone that wants to be part of the Jeep Team.

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Be prepared to have a lot of issues with your gladiator.
Ah, I find the Gladiator more enjoyable than any sports car I have had. All the family adventures will be forever in our children's memories. Can't put a price on that.
what kind of sports cars have you had? I regret getting my gladiator. Nothing but headaches. Jeep doesn’t seem to have their act together. I will be going back to a charger as soon as mine is fixed or lemon lawed out

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370

what kind of sports cars have you had? I regret getting my gladiator. Nothing but headaches. Jeep doesn’t seem to have their act together. I will be going back to a charger as soon as mine is fixed or lemon lawed out
Bummer to hear about the troubles you're having with the JT but you know charger is still mopar 🤷‍♂️

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Bummer to hear about the troubles you're having with the JT but you know charger is still mopar 🤷‍♂️
I know. I only drive mopar. I have had lots of Chrysler and dodge products. No issues until jeep. I thought maybe I was unlucky, but I have been researching and it seems jeep has had electrical issues for years.

Sponsored

OP
OP

SWAJeep

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Pilot
Yep. Just a regular line pilot at Southwest. Thanks!

Modeldude

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HB Mojave
Occupation
Professional Over Complicator
Well, I have no regrets. Too many things going wrong with the GT, including getting rear ended by a work truck.
Rear ended...its was never going to be right anyway, good riddance. While not in the same league as you, I traded a 370Z for similar reasons. Owning a sports car is too stressful.

Sponsored

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I was in a position to keep both and 2 extremely different vehicles but both a blast to drive.

Bruce

IMG_3083.JPG

IMG_0932.JPG

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed

Oh nothing special, porsche, mustang, volvo. I guess technically not considered sports cars. Most of the time I felt the urge to speed or try to look cool. Found myself overly anal about the vehicles. Trying to keep them clean, etc...

With the Jeep, dirt and trail rash are badges of honor :like:

Bama_Swampfox

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland (09-14-3pm) ; Kubota 2910 Tractor; 1964 BP-1
Occupation
Retired, thank God
I can relate to this sentiment. I worked corporate for 35 years and drove almost every new BMW - from an E30 M3, M5s, Z8, M6s and one of my favorites, the X5M. All of them were great cars and given the fact I only drove them for ~5k miles (free: job assigned - didn't have to pay for gas, insurance or maintenance), I never had any problems and never got bored.

As the old joke goes: "what's the difference between a BMW and a Cactus? The cactus has the pricks on the outside". I confess, I was one of the pricks...

However, when I retired I traded my personal 2004 F250 Crew Cab diesel in for the Gladiator. I could buy whatever I wanted, save a Bugatti or Mclaren but, I've never looked back. The Jeep is versatile, easier to park than my F250 "school bus" and I've gotten used to the idiosyncrasies - at least for now.

I guess it comes with age but driving expensive, exclusive cars doesn't really do it for me anymore. For one, I don't tend to drive fast in the Jeep, and the wind noise and steering wander keep things interesting:like:

Bama_Swampfox

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland (09-14-3pm) ; Kubota 2910 Tractor; 1964 BP-1
Occupation
Retired, thank God
I guess this will sound juvenile or worse yet, senile but I think I have evolved from "hey look at me!" to "leave me the F alone, I'll do what a damn well please". I like my Overland just fine the way it is. A whole industry survives on people like us wanting to personalize our rides. And that's great. For me, form follows function..... If it is for looks, I don't need it. JMO, have a great weekend!