Replacing Rubicon Red Stitching

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Rubicon
I'm looking at ordering a Rubicon and know that I don't want the red stitching on the interior. Obviously, I can replace the seats with Katskinz or something similar, but that still leaves the two shift boots and the steering wheel with red stitching. What are my options for replacing these and what has everyone else done? I guess I could pull/trade/order from an Overland or Rubicon with the saddle leather. I assume the shift boots won't be that expensive, but I can't imagine a new steering wheel would be cheap.
Sponsored

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
I would recommend getting some leather dye and seeing if you can dye the stitching...

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
You go to the parts dept and order all the parts you want without red stitch using a jt model that doesn't have the red. then you sell the OEM stuff on market place for half the price you just paid.

is getting rid of the red worth loosing a ton on money?

You could also order a different model and add after market lockers, if you really think you need them.

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
I'm looking at ordering a Rubicon and know that I don't want the red stitching on the interior. Obviously, I can replace the seats with Katskinz or something similar, but that still leaves the two shift boots and the steering wheel with red stitching. What are my options for replacing these and what has everyone else done? I guess I could pull/trade/order from an Overland or Rubicon with the saddle leather. I assume the shift boots won't be that expensive, but I can't imagine a new steering wheel would be cheap.
Order the brown leather seats, and all of the interior stitching will be white instead of red.

Jeep Gladiator Replacing Rubicon Red Stitching 1657813564675

OP
OP

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Rubicon
Order the brown leather seats, and all of the interior stitching will be white instead of red.

Jeep Gladiator Replacing Rubicon Red Stitching 1657813564675
I thought about that but wanted to do something custom with the seat material (hence ordering cloth). I'd hate to spend $2k on the leather upgrade just for non-red stitching and then swap the covers out for something else. Maybe I can be happy with the saddle to avoid the hassle.

Sponsored

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
I thought about that but wanted to do something custom with the seat material (hence ordering cloth). I'd hate to spend $2k on the leather upgrade just for non-red stitching and then swap the covers out for something else. Maybe I can be happy with the saddle to avoid the hassle.
Yea I get that. The leather upgrade does add to your center console and door handles as well though, so it's not a *total* waste, I guess.

Have you checked out PRP? They can do customized covers (that go over existing leather, not replace it) for way, way less than Katzkin.

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
Yea I get that. The leather upgrade does add to your center console and door handles as well though, so it's not a *total* waste, I guess.

Have you checked out PRP? They can do customized covers (that go over existing leather, not replace it) for way, way less than Katzkin.
You also get the flip-down armrest in the backseat as well. I never sit in the back seat, but I leave mine down just for the extra drink holders. Easier to access from the front seat.

Also, make sure you see it in person before going down this rabbit hole. It's not as in your face as you think and the online configurator does a horrible job actually showcasing colors. I was deadset on swapping my dash out, but it's not bad at all once I got it.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
What color are you trying to go to? If it's white or some custom dyed color that needs to start as white you could maybe find a willing trade partner. Otherwise if black is fine then sharipe?

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I like the idea of custom color stitching with matching component color. Would truly
be one of a kind.

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Bunch more red stitching to deal with. Upper dashboard, handbrake, center console, door armrests off the top of my head.

Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Jeep Gladiator Replacing Rubicon Red Stitching E64CEDCD-4728-4B62-A937-2D63BC14E411

That would take a while LOL

OP
OP

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Rubicon
I will be ordering Earl and my wife and I just didn't think that red would be the best color contrast with it. I talked with my wife over lunch and showed her pictures of the saddle leather. She seemed to like it, so we may go that route. I'm sure if I ever wanted to swap the leather covers out, I could find plenty interested in them. Part of the advantage of cloth was not having to spend the money right away. We could live with the cloth for a while and then swap later. It looks like leatherseats.com sells everything that I might want to replace except the steering wheel, so that's an option too.
Sponsored