Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator, Jeep commander Yamaha super tenere
Occupation
Retired
Getting ready to install rhino roof rails on new
Gladiator. Planning
To mount through roof to roll bar since I travel from Houston to Northern Maine twice a year. Worried about stress on rain gutter mount. Curious if anyone has installed this rail system and
If they ran into any issues
With install
Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Getting ready to install rhino roof rails on new
Gladiator. Planning
To mount through roof to roll bar since I travel from Houston to Northern Maine twice a year. Worried about stress on rain gutter mount. Curious if anyone has installed this rail system and
If they ran into any issues
With install
Do you mean their Vortex roof bars or Platform system? I assume you mean the platform as I can't see how to mount the Vortex to the roll bar.

If you haven't already bought it, have a look at the Maximus-3 Roof Rack system; it includes a Rhino Rack Platform and brackets to allow it to be mounted through the roof. If you've already bought it, contact @Maximus-3 to see if they'll sell you just their mounting bracket system without the platform.

Screamineagle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I installed the rhino HD rack on mine
have ordered a pioneer platform 36long by 56 wide to install on them
heres a pic showing rack still waiting on platform from etrailer.

See pics
Jeep Gladiator Rhino roof rack and rails IMG_1742
Jeep Gladiator Rhino roof rack and rails Rhino2

i have a Leitner rack for my kayaks but also installed a Rhino Pioneer platform to the leitner system sort of a two tier loading in bed
Jeep Gladiator Rhino roof rack and rails IMG_1742
Jeep Gladiator Rhino roof rack and rails Rhino2

OP
OP
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator, Jeep commander Yamaha super tenere
Occupation
Retired
After the rack came in, reconsidering mounting on the ARE topper instead of the roof of the gladiator. Company rates the CX shell at 400 lbs. rather have the holes drilled in shell than new Jeep. Will post pics once I have the shell and rack mounted

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
After the rack came in, reconsidering mounting on the ARE topper instead of the roof of the gladiator. Company rates the CX shell at 400 lbs. rather have the holes drilled in shell than new Jeep. Will post pics once I have the shell and rack mounted
Keep in mind that's 400lbs on road. Off road it will likely be half that and the rack/rails will be 60-70lbs of it.

IMO, the roof is fiberglass and easily repaired by a good body shop. If I were doing a roof rack, I would drill the truck roof and mount to the roll bars before I would trust a non-reinforced fiberglass cap.

Sponsored

Screamineagle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got my Rhino Pioneer rack on. Went with a 36Lx56W . I kept to a short one so I could still access my front tops.

roofrack.jpg

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Do you have any more photos of this set up? Very interested in running the same.
I'll echo this request. I only need it for light duty so I'm curious if there's an option aside from Maximus-3's drill-through rack.

LTCSlacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Billet Silver)
Occupation
Military Officer
Finally got my Rhino Pioneer rack on. Went with a 36Lx56W . I kept to a short one so I could still access my front tops.

Jeep Gladiator Rhino roof rack and rails roofrack
I like that a lot. However, if I have a Bestop soft top for the front, I couldn't open it up, with or without cargo, right?

Screamineagle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I moved it back about 3" since that pick Im not familiar with the Bestop you'll have to measure how far it goes back, It might rest on the rack ok folded.
Ill send some pics later with everything mounted.
I went with the HD bars because I had them on previous Wrangler. The oval shaped bars would be a little lower on roof ,and the rack would mount with different mounts which would bring it a little lower towards roof. My bars are 60" long.
I ,as said before, like the Rhino brackets although more expensive.

Sponsored

LTCSlacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Billet Silver)
Occupation
Military Officer
I moved it back about 3" since that pick Im not familiar with the Bestop you'll have to measure how far it goes back, It might rest on the rack ok folded.
Ill send some pics later with everything mounted.
I went with the HD bars because I had them on previous Wrangler. The oval shaped bars would be a little lower on roof ,and the rack would mount with different mounts which would bring it a little lower towards roof. My bars are 60" long.
I ,as said before, like the Rhino brackets although more expensive.
Thanks. I will measure my cover when retracted later on to see if I can get one.

I may not need to anyway, as I have an Ace Upper Decker which gives me a "2nd level" of flat storage, and will be adding on Custom Camping Concept towers and cross bars to the Decker this week, for a Roof Top Tent over the cargo area.

Screamineagle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll echo this request. I only need it for light duty so I'm curious if there's an option aside from Maximus-3's drill-through rack.
Rhino rack trailer.com
Thanks. I will measure my cover when retracted later on to see if I can get one.

I may not need to anyway, as I have an Ace Upper Decker which gives me a "2nd level" of flat storage, and will be adding on Custom Camping Concept towers and cross bars to the Decker this week, for a Roof Top Tent over the cargo area.

Screamineagle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Their not tightened down on front short rack just loose strap to hold from lifting so no torque is put on them from any bed twist. The Leitner rack is what their latched down too.
Hope this helps and gives you some ideas.

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager

Jeep Gladiator Rhino roof rack and rails rack4

What hardware did you use to attach the Pioneer platform to the crossbars? Also, are the crossbars necessary because of the width? I noticed in some videos you can attach the legs directly to the existing crossbars on the platform, but not sure if its width.
Sponsored