Sponsored

Rivian out in the wild. AND suffers a blow out...

Deleted member 43264

Man.... I don't know where you wheel....but rock attacks are real. ;)
They got signs all over. :CWL:

Curbs attack in the city too.
Hey no joke, here in Washington state drift logs KILL! So you take your life into your own hands on our beaches.

beachlogs22.0.jpg
Sponsored

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
I bet those front end asthetics are a big hit - with 14 yo girls......
That's about what I thought when I saw this thing. I don't have anything against electric really, I just don't get why the "styling" has to be so awful..

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Very cool truck.

The guy was what I expected of an EV enthusiast. I couldnt believe he said his Tacoma would have trouble doing the trail he was on with the rivian. He goes through the trouble of virtue signaling with that stupid mask and then removes it halfway talking about the trail, completely negating its purpose inside the truck. He was also impressed with the vegan leather :facepalm:

OngsterA

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge Rubicon
Occupation
Software Security
Here's an actual trip this guy, Garcia, logged across Death Valley, really good that he's realistic about the issues with non-Tesla charging stations. I like it, cool video. Just shows how charging networks are really not ready for us off grid off-roaders. Why I jumped on a JTR for a few years still, so capable and Jeep parts and service can be counted on easier in remote places.

https://insideevs.com/news/580261/rivian-r1t-death-valley-camping/

Sponsored

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Seen two of em out wheeling now one in Ca at Rowher and another here in Moab. Well I did not see that one wheeling but some other folks I talked to saw it on the trail. I saw it putting around town. I was told they do not have the all wheel steering in the production version so less interested now lol.

mystic330

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
At the beginning of the video they start on North Fork Swan trail in Breck CO... I recognize that "chute" any day :) We went down it rather than up... I'd choose the up direction any day over down given that one section of roots is so close when you're leaning
Yep - North fork up to Wise Mtn Old Miners Cabin

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I really like these trucks, and I've seen quite a few around my area. I assume they're using our trails and glam shots for promotions too.

Having said that, no idea why this guy thinks an off road equipped tacoma couldn't do that stuff.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
When Jeep makes a "lifestyle vehicle" like the gladiator at least they have the sense to make it capable of acting like a truck. You can do truck things AND wrangler things with a gladiator.

The rivian seems to have more in common with a Santa Cruz or Subaru Baja than an F150.

I don't think the R1T will ever be serious competition for the Lightning or the Electric Silverado (which looks more like an Avalanche than a Silverado but whatever)
Sponsored