RLD designs pic request

Nolan

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Commander Overland, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Would love to see pics of the side cabinets (minus kitchen).
There arent any dealers within 500 miles, would that be an issue?
I love my RLD cap. I have two side cabinets but haven't installed them yet (over a year) since I really like the ability to access stuff from the side. I'll see if I can install them over the weekend and get some pictures. I've also made an 80/20 rack for the top that I'm quite happy with, so if anyone is interested I could shoot some pictures of that. It's super flexible since I can add stuff very easily with the t-slots both inside and out.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Would love to see pics of the side cabinets (minus kitchen).
There arent any dealers within 500 miles, would that be an issue?
I ordered from Rhino in San Diego while living outside DC... they and I assume any other dealer will freight it anywhere in the country and you'll just need to choose the nearest freight hub when they sort out delivery.

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I love my RLD cap. I have two side cabinets but haven't installed them yet (over a year) since I really like the ability to access stuff from the side. I'll see if I can install them over the weekend and get some pictures. I've also made an 80/20 rack for the top that I'm quite happy with, so if anyone is interested I could shoot some pictures of that. It's super flexible since I can add stuff very easily with the t-slots both inside and out.
pictures of everything would be fine thanks! :D

Sponsored

Nolan

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Commander Overland, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
does the rail slider kit interfere with the cabinets? It looks like an option i would love but also pricey for what it is. I think I could make something just as useful. anyone know what the lead times would be, i know its just a guess.
It doesn't if you put the rail near the cab and the cabinets near the tail. But I'd strongly recommend against the rails. I have them and would be happy to sell them to someone who wants them. They aren't really that useful and the boxes just bounce around everywhere.

Instead (like you mentioned) I plan on building my own from 80/20 that holds larger boxes and does so way more securely.

It's the only part of my RLD that I regret buying.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
For an RLD? The holes in the roof are on 50cm centers front to back and 13mm holes so you can pretty much bolt whatever you want to the roof for bars then mount the tent to those. Super low profile option.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
I agree with this statement. I would want about three inches of gap between the roof and whatever is extended over it.
care to share pics? I have ahard time imagining the gladiator frame flexing that much. How fast were you going and what sort of payload? Thinking of mounting a tent to a canopy and the gladiator hardtop to center it more and would be nice to see just how bad the frame flex is.

Sponsored

OutdoorGeek

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GladiatorLE
care to share pics? I have ahard time imagining the gladiator frame flexing that much. How fast were you going and what sort of payload? Thinking of mounting a tent to a canopy and the gladiator hardtop to center it more and would be nice to see just how bad the frame flex is.
I have an RLD with the rack then a long hard shell tent - has -plenty of clearance 3-5’

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
also are there any aftermarket sort of rtt mounts out there that work?
with supply chains what they are right now I just want to give myself options and if I can save a buck ill do it. haha
Well I used una-strut for rails on my RLD topper and in fact installed a RTT recently. It was a PTA due to being about 2 in gap if that.
Jeep Gladiator RLD designs pic request 16495092381611154493996718949545
Jeep Gladiator RLD designs pic request 16495092753087151859382523046977

I placed the short strut there for the ladder to hook onto.
Jeep Gladiator RLD designs pic request 16495092969328846219833716676952

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
For an RLD? The holes in the roof are on 50cm centers front to back and 13mm holes so you can pretty much bolt whatever you want to the roof for bars then mount the tent to those. Super low profile option.
But can be a PTA to attach a RTT if to low of a profile.... "ask me how I know" ;)

BlackMilk

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 22
Here are some photos from this weekend. Couple observations:

- my wife and daughter slept inside on a 2 person mattress, we had the tailgate in the 1/2 way down setting and the top vent open. They were comfortable but a bit cold. would be nice to have a way to open the locks from the inside in case of emergency. we ended up setting them down in the closed position and holding the door closed with a bungee.

- there's quite a bit of wind buffeting between the canopy and the back window on the soft top. not sure if it's from the spare tire (temporarily) mounted on the rack or if it's something that's just inherent in that gap.

- the side doors are a game changer for camping, everything in the bed is easily accessible (wish the jeep was a bit lower ;P)

Jeep Gladiator RLD designs pic request 580D2A6D-2AFC-4D00-A324-38393E7A61BD

Jeep Gladiator RLD designs pic request 580D2A6D-2AFC-4D00-A324-38393E7A61BD
Are you running 35s or 37?
Sponsored