Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2008 Toyota Tundra dblcab 4x4
Occupation
wood worker
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone is on here and looking to get a RLD cap, we do have some IN STOCK and would ship out immediately. They're black on black with sliding windows.
Do you still have one in stock ? I am in the market and have cash.
Sponsored

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!

RubiWhiteGladiator

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
Got my RLD bed cap from Off-Road Alliance, and I cant wait to install it. Just waiting on the trail rail system which I didn't realize I needed 🤦‍♂️.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Got my RLD bed cap from Off-Road Alliance, and I cant wait to install it. Just waiting on the trail rail system which I didn't realize I needed 🤦‍♂️.
I had one ordered from teraflex. but with it being 3 months out I went to the dealer and got the MOPAR ones instead. They had them next day for me. I think they are better quality than the teraflex ones as well. Just a thought to consider.

RubiWhiteGladiator

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
I had one ordered from teraflex. but with it being 3 months out I went to the dealer and got the MOPAR ones instead. They had them next day for me. I think they are better quality than the teraflex ones as well. Just a thought to consider.
I ordered them off northridge4x4 and I got the Mopar, wasn't sure if the teraflex would work with the bed cap, but when I talked to off-road alliance they said the Mopar for sure worked. So I went with it cause the wifey told me the bed cap isn't sitting in the garage till the end of summer like I planned lol.

Sponsored

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
We've still got 1 RLD cap left, black on black with the sliding windows, for anyone who wants to take advantage! No need to wait months and months for a cap!

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
Got this baby in. Some thoughts:

1. RLD does a really good job with this crate. Not a scratch on the cap. Taking it out by myself was interesting... the foam rubber packing help a lot to put the cap on its end to save garage space until my factory ordered JTRD comes in.

2. Really only packing problem I saw is one of the two bags of hardware was not closed, so there were fasteners etc laying sprawled out on the bottom of the crate that I had to collect up.

3. This fully welded stainless cap is built like a tank. Easily the most sturdy of all the caps you can get. I love the seams were all welded, and gusseting added in key locations.

4. The gaskets are really nice. I can definitely see they kept draining water away at the forefront of their design methodology. All three doors have 360 deg thick gaskets with water channels.

5. I love the adjustability of the door lock latches to get just the right about of pressure on the gaskets.

6. The windows look really good and slide well.

7. One potential issue I've found is with the recessed sliding windows. They sit inboard from the outer glass pane. This means water will collects at the bottom of the track. Using a flashlight, it appears there may have been designed some water relief cutouts at the bottom of the window tracks that would collect water and send the water out the bottom lip of the outer glass pane.
But I think these were sealed up when the main window was inserted, as I sprayed some water in that cutout and could not get water to transfer from the inside back out. So this is a potential leak area, if the window track "tub" fills up with water enough. I will do some water testing when I get it on the Gladiator. If the tray fills up with water, I am going to drill a hole on the bottom of the window track tub, insert a liquid bung, drill a hole at the bottom of the side doors and fit another liquid bung, and then connect the two together with tubing. This will allow the water in the window slide tub to be released outside.

8. The internal/hidden hinges look solid. Combined with the strong struts that should last quite a long time.

9. I love the built-in internal roof "rail" type channels. This allows a lot of options for wiring, hanging/mounting stuff etc.

10. My truck will be entirely "logo-less", so I'll cut off the inside panel pop rivet ends and remove the stainless logos. The rear window looks like it almost has a print-screened logo on it, hopefully not etched. Anyone know of a good way to remove that?

11. Overall I was a bit sketchy on purchasing a $4K cap, but I now see where the money/quality went into it. I'm glad I didn't go the fiberglass or RSI route, as I will be putting the cap under quite the load/stress with my overland build.

Jeep Gladiator RLD designs pic request 20220512_141741

Bumpy Ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've decided on the RLD over the RSI. Crazy that I got the RLD cheaper than the RSI, with the RLD being one piece welded and much stronger than the RSI which has flimsy pieces clipped together.
Great choice! RLD is stronger and way better looking. RSI slants inwards in the rear and make the truck look shorter!
Here’s mine!!

Jeep Gladiator RLD designs pic request A3ACA1F4-1067-45D9-9C2F-B699E9B8C51A

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
Great choice! RLD is stronger and way better looking. RSI slants inwards in the rear and make the truck look shorter!
Here’s mine!!

Jeep Gladiator RLD designs pic request A3ACA1F4-1067-45D9-9C2F-B699E9B8C51A
Very sweet. Ya I don't know why cap manufacturers have this rear slant forward fetish.

Sponsored

Outdoor1

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I’ve had a RLD for less than a year not happy. The hardware will rust out in time and you can’t get parts to replace them. You think paying that much money and how it advertised as the the toughest canopy on the market. We shall see how the company handles this.

FF731C3C-59F5-4071-A094-E25D7492F47B.jpeg

530762A5-842E-453A-9F68-E0ADA72EA32D.jpeg

97D25248-F78A-4F63-99BB-2E4DE0F53B17.jpeg

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Got the RLD in today. Pretty sweet.

Some feedback that might help others.
  • The freight companies are all sorts of messed up - old news I know.... They couldn't find the canopy to save their life even though it was supposedly in a receiving center (the wrong one by the way) - Offroad Alliance was helpful and was able to find it, but the freight companies still refused to contact me and give proper updates, which was weird. Between Offroad Alliance (who contacted the actual local receiving facility) the freight company themselves, and their third party who does the local delivery through another third party all said the package was in about 4 different locations and nobody could confirm where it actually was even though people I spoke with called the center directly where it was supposedly at. Again - very weird. Finally I got ahold of the right person and they told me that the delivery truck was out for delivery the next day (today) and they didn't even have my phone number correctly even though I updated it with all 3 freight companies multiple times. Fortunately I was smart enough to call them instead of waiting for them to call me like they were supposed to on multiple occasions - otherwise the package could have been sent back to Offroad Alliance. The shipping was handled by 3, yes 3, companies. Freight, then a 'local' freight company, then a totally separate 'local delivery' company. The 'local' freight company (middle one) was the only one who was actually able to locate the package and make sure that the driver called me before delivery. And considering it was ordered less than a month ago - I really shouldn't be complaining that much. Communication is important though IMO and the freight company failed on that aspect
    • So - word to the wise, be patient, and be your own advocate for making sure your package gets to you. This was all on the freight company, nothing to do with Offroad Alliance. The local delivery driver even said the freight companies were jacked up pretty bad. But at the end of the day it was only a week late... Now if my couch that I ordered 9 months ago could just arrive......
  • Anyway, enough of that. The topper is SUPER well packaged. I was very impressed. Not sure if it was like that fro the factory or if that was a Offroad Alliance thing but it was the best packaged item I think I've ever received. Considering the cost of these, that was much appreciated.
  • Some design things I think are awesome
    • fit and finish apppears very clean and stout. Time will tell of course but the little things like the built in mounting points on the roof - this was actually one of the deciding factors for me to choose this canopy. there are a couple of blemishes but they appear to be from the manufacturer process - nothing is perfect anyway, but they are extremely minor
    • the built in interior roof channels are a really awesome touch and make this canopy much more functional than other options IMO.
    • it looks like it will fit the gladiator just about perfectly
    • all the welds look of good quality - I usually look at those pretty carefully
    • the coating they use looks really durable and for me is the perfect combination of smooth and rough. It matches the gladiator well I think
    • the roof air intake for positive pressure - nice touch. It would be cool to have a filter on that but I'm sure it will work well in the dry season
    • the canopy is lighter and substantially stronger than other options (granted the post above shows issues with the hinges - Im not sure if that is a get 1, 2, or 3 version though....)
  • But a couple downer points
    • I need to get washers. Install kit didn't have the right ones - they dont fit the bolts that were included - not a big deal but annoying
    • It also looks like the cab side bolt holes need to be re-drilled to a new location. We will see when I get it on the truck but it seems the bolt holes are just too far forward to work right. That is a minor detail easily solved though so no big deal really - still annoying, and if true, is a manufacturer flaw
    • the brackets are long. I was expecting a different style bracket entirely. Not really a fan of this style to be honest and might try to fab up my own some day. The biggest concern is I dont think they will work with the 813 fabrication Molle panels I have. So not really sure how to resolve that to be honest. I would have throught the brackets would bolt to the side lip of the canopy. Instead the canopy has to sit on top of the brackets that bolt into the trail rail system. So....with the Molle panels, the brackets sit up a full inch over the bed rail. Kinda a big problem actually. I'm hoping I can just cut off the end of the bracket but the issue that will make is for the bottom of the bracket to be open - so if a rollover or crash would happen, the canopy could physically lift of the vehicle entirely if enough force was put on it. I am also concerned that these brackets will truly keep the canopy down tight enough with a roof rack, tent, and kayak without actuall lifting off the truck. It relies entirely on compression pressure with lateral force - not really a very strong hold. RLD should design a better tie down system. this style of mounting also means that the lip of the bottom of the canopy comes into the bed quite substantially. Something like 3" or more... I dont like that
    • Speaking of brackets and strength - the canopy is strong in itself. I am so much happier I got this considering many other options were even more expensive for a less robust item. However, I am also pretty concerned about the trail rail system. That to me is going to be the true weak point. They are only held on with 4 or maybe 5 really small bolts. I can't imagine those being able to hold down this canopy with a tent on it and not break over the course of 5, 10, or eve 20 years... Hopefully I am wrong. And this is nothing to do with RLD design - its more about how Jeep has their trail rail system designed. I am inclined to consider removing the plastic bed rail covers and see if there is a way to just bolt directly through the aluminum bed. Although that probably won't be any stronger since the aluminum bed is pretty darn thin.
    • FYI for those buying, the windows are NOT tinted. At first I was let down. But now I actually think this is a great thing because I can be sure to put on a tint myself that matches what I have (or will do) in the jeep. So this is a good thing actually.
    • the latches. I knew this going into this purchase. But I am very confident the latches will fail in my climate. Living in the north, I have seen lots of reports of similar latches from RSI or AluCab failing and freezing up. Kinda a big deal if one can't get into their canopy. But some hot water or a touch can temporarily resolve the issue. I will remain hopeful, but will be looking for a solution in the mean time expecting it to become a problem - but again, this was something I knew and expected ahead of time prior to purchasing.

One really huge plus. Big time props to @OffroadAlliance.com for even having this in stock. I personally was not in a position to wait 6 months for an order to arrive, or for the inevitable continued price hikes. They not only had one but reached out to me asking if I was interested and held it while I was able to get through the buy process online with a busy work schedule and all. So kind a big deal for me and much appreciated.

Hope this info helps anyone else interested in these canopies. I'm happy I went this route instead of another option I was considering.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Jeep Gladiator RLD designs pic request AE49F755-78D0-44A5-AC0B-88D607A10ACD

Jeep Gladiator RLD designs pic request F29B029D-E0E0-4F07-8A30-8D2B553E2709

Jeep Gladiator RLD designs pic request 1E46BB59-DB3C-4B87-BE95-130163D1E263

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
Got the RLD in today. Pretty sweet.

Some feedback that might help others.
  • The freight companies are all sorts of messed up - old news I know.... They couldn't find the canopy to save their life even though it was supposedly in a receiving center (the wrong one by the way) - Offroad Alliance was helpful and was able to find it, but the freight companies still refused to contact me and give proper updates, which was weird. Between Offroad Alliance (who contacted the actual local receiving facility) the freight company themselves, and their third party who does the local delivery through another third party all said the package was in about 4 different locations and nobody could confirm where it actually was even though people I spoke with called the center directly where it was supposedly at. Again - very weird. Finally I got ahold of the right person and they told me that the delivery truck was out for delivery the next day (today) and they didn't even have my phone number correctly even though I updated it with all 3 freight companies multiple times. Fortunately I was smart enough to call them instead of waiting for them to call me like they were supposed to on multiple occasions - otherwise the package could have been sent back to Offroad Alliance. The shipping was handled by 3, yes 3, companies. Freight, then a 'local' freight company, then a totally separate 'local delivery' company. The 'local' freight company (middle one) was the only one who was actually able to locate the package and make sure that the driver called me before delivery. And considering it was ordered less than a month ago - I really shouldn't be complaining that much. Communication is important though IMO and the freight company failed on that aspect
    • So - word to the wise, be patient, and be your own advocate for making sure your package gets to you. This was all on the freight company, nothing to do with Offroad Alliance. The local delivery driver even said the freight companies were jacked up pretty bad. But at the end of the day it was only a week late... Now if my couch that I ordered 9 months ago could just arrive......
  • Anyway, enough of that. The topper is SUPER well packaged. I was very impressed. Not sure if it was like that fro the factory or if that was a Offroad Alliance thing but it was the best packaged item I think I've ever received. Considering the cost of these, that was much appreciated.
  • Some design things I think are awesome
    • fit and finish apppears very clean and stout. Time will tell of course but the little things like the built in mounting points on the roof - this was actually one of the deciding factors for me to choose this canopy. there are a couple of blemishes but they appear to be from the manufacturer process - nothing is perfect anyway, but they are extremely minor
    • the built in interior roof channels are a really awesome touch and make this canopy much more functional than other options IMO.
    • it looks like it will fit the gladiator just about perfectly
    • all the welds look of good quality - I usually look at those pretty carefully
    • the coating they use looks really durable and for me is the perfect combination of smooth and rough. It matches the gladiator well I think
    • the roof air intake for positive pressure - nice touch. It would be cool to have a filter on that but I'm sure it will work well in the dry season
    • the canopy is lighter and substantially stronger than other options (granted the post above shows issues with the hinges - Im not sure if that is a get 1, 2, or 3 version though....)
  • But a couple downer points
    • I need to get washers. Install kit didn't have the right ones - they dont fit the bolts that were included - not a big deal but annoying
    • It also looks like the cab side bolt holes need to be re-drilled to a new location. We will see when I get it on the truck but it seems the bolt holes are just too far forward to work right. That is a minor detail easily solved though so no big deal really - still annoying, and if true, is a manufacturer flaw
    • the brackets are long. I was expecting a different style bracket entirely. Not really a fan of this style to be honest and might try to fab up my own some day. The biggest concern is I dont think they will work with the 813 fabrication Molle panels I have. So not really sure how to resolve that to be honest. I would have throught the brackets would bolt to the side lip of the canopy. Instead the canopy has to sit on top of the brackets that bolt into the trail rail system. So....with the Molle panels, the brackets sit up a full inch over the bed rail. Kinda a big problem actually. I'm hoping I can just cut off the end of the bracket but the issue that will make is for the bottom of the bracket to be open - so if a rollover or crash would happen, the canopy could physically lift of the vehicle entirely if enough force was put on it. I am also concerned that these brackets will truly keep the canopy down tight enough with a roof rack, tent, and kayak without actuall lifting off the truck. It relies entirely on compression pressure with lateral force - not really a very strong hold. RLD should design a better tie down system. this style of mounting also means that the lip of the bottom of the canopy comes into the bed quite substantially. Something like 3" or more... I dont like that
    • Speaking of brackets and strength - the canopy is strong in itself. I am so much happier I got this considering many other options were even more expensive for a less robust item. However, I am also pretty concerned about the trail rail system. That to me is going to be the true weak point. They are only held on with 4 or maybe 5 really small bolts. I can't imagine those being able to hold down this canopy with a tent on it and not break over the course of 5, 10, or eve 20 years... Hopefully I am wrong. And this is nothing to do with RLD design - its more about how Jeep has their trail rail system designed. I am inclined to consider removing the plastic bed rail covers and see if there is a way to just bolt directly through the aluminum bed. Although that probably won't be any stronger since the aluminum bed is pretty darn thin.
    • FYI for those buying, the windows are NOT tinted. At first I was let down. But now I actually think this is a great thing because I can be sure to put on a tint myself that matches what I have (or will do) in the jeep. So this is a good thing actually.
    • the latches. I knew this going into this purchase. But I am very confident the latches will fail in my climate. Living in the north, I have seen lots of reports of similar latches from RSI or AluCab failing and freezing up. Kinda a big deal if one can't get into their canopy. But some hot water or a touch can temporarily resolve the issue. I will remain hopeful, but will be looking for a solution in the mean time expecting it to become a problem - but again, this was something I knew and expected ahead of time prior to purchasing.

One really huge plus. Big time props to @OffroadAlliance.com for even having this in stock. I personally was not in a position to wait 6 months for an order to arrive, or for the inevitable continued price hikes. They not only had one but reached out to me asking if I was interested and held it while I was able to get through the buy process online with a busy work schedule and all. So kind a big deal for me and much appreciated.

Hope this info helps anyone else interested in these canopies. I'm happy I went this route instead of another option I was considering.
AMAZING write up! We super appreciate the kind words and all the feedback. Posts like this are huge in having a transparent process and getting to know the good and bad of everything involved.

Outdoor1

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
AMAZING write up! We super appreciate the kind words and all the feedback. Posts like this are huge in having a transparent process and getting to know the good and bad of everything involved.
Okay listen not to rain on anyone’s parade but do yourself a favor and look at another canopy. You can’t get parts if anything break which I believe is very unethical. If you call RLD they will drag their feet to see if you’ll just give up. The new hinges will have corrosion within months. Mine corroded and broke off and RLD won’t give me an answer. Learn from my expensive purchase, don’t buy anything you can’t get part for. I mean talk able false advertising.
Sponsored