RLD designs pic request

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
I've decided on the RLD over the RSI. Crazy that I got the RLD cheaper than the RSI, with the RLD being one piece welded and much stronger than the RSI which has flimsy pieces clipped together.
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've decided on the RLD over the RSI. Crazy that I got the RLD cheaper than the RSI, with the RLD being one piece welded and much stronger than the RSI which has flimsy pieces clipped together.
Kinda interesting somewhat how and why I got the RLD too. I was playing phone tag to get information after I got no responses on emailed questions, I had RSI didn't even answer phone. At the time I wasn't even really ready or planning to buy. The distributor that I actually talked with was trying to sell out old stock due to 3rd generation and later coming in. As a note too. I was supposed to be getting a 2nd generation but it was a first generation which turned out better for me.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
580D2A6D-2AFC-4D00-A324-38393E7A61BD.jpeg
Freshly installed after a Craigslist find. Plans are to make a custom rack to accommodate the Rtt. It came with load bars that I don’t plan on using
Out of curiosity, how much did you pay? Debating about selling mine and have no idea what the price would be.

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
If anyone is on here and looking to get a RLD cap, we do have some IN STOCK and would ship out immediately. They're black on black with sliding windows.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
If anyone is on here and looking to get a RLD cap, we do have some IN STOCK and would ship out immediately. They're black on black with sliding windows.
whats the price??

Sponsored

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
whats the price?

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
whats the price?
They were priced at $3981 but RLD just raised their prices up 20% so the caps are now priced at $4,777. I'll send you a PM to see if we can work something out.

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
20% price increase, really! I thought RSI was bad. Those companies are just gouging to take advantage of the current market situation. Just bought an Alu-Cab for $3400, not quite the styling as RSI or RLD but better in many other ways.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Out of curiosity, how much did you pay? Debating about selling mine and have no idea what the price would be.
why are you wanting to sell yours?

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
why are you wanting to sell yours?
Bought a house. The cap is fantastic but I find myself needing the truck without the cap more these days and honestly I'm 50/50 about selling the truck for an F150 and an old TJ or 80 series or something.

Sponsored

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Bought a house. The cap is fantastic but I find myself needing the truck without the cap more these days and honestly I'm 50/50 about selling the truck for an F150 and an old TJ or 80 series or something.
Interesting you say that. I also just bought a house that needs a lot of work. but also sold my OBS 350 as I figure I will be able to do just about everything within reason with the JTR.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Interesting you say that. I also just bought a house that needs a lot of work. but also sold my OBS 350 as I figure I will be able to do just about everything within reason with the JTR.
Drop ~$2k on a good single-axle utility trailer and you’re good to go.

I got by hauling my utility trailer with a Subaru Outback. I just got the truck/Gladiator for the lol’s.

The bed in these things is just laughable anyways. Trying to haul lumber and shit with a 5’ bed is a PITA.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Drop ~$2k on a good single-axle utility trailer and you’re good to go.

I got by hauling my utility trailer with a Subaru Outback. I just got the truck/Gladiator for the lol’s.

The bed in these things is just laughable anyways. Trying to haul lumber and shit with a 5’ bed is a PITA.
Exactly my plan...since the bed will be occupied by permanent items for camping anyway. LostWoods should consider the same IMO.

Got word the canopy shipped out today from Off Road Alliance. Man what a find for them to have a couple in stock too especially considering the factory jacked up the price quite a bit. Its been pouring all day today, thankfully the MOPAR bed cover kept the Costco run items dry but can't wait to get the topper and get it installed.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Check out the prices. That might cure you of that idea. I.e. My brother just sold his ‘91 80 series. He got $13k for it and that was before he could even get the pictures uploaded (guy on ih8mud).

That was bone stock too, which I’m sure is a plus to some from a project foundation standpoint, but it rode like shit, the seats weren’t comfortable, and it got something like 10 MPG. That’s worse than my old lifted FZJ-80 on ~33’s.

I thought about keeping my Subaru Outback to tow with and getting a TJ for an around town and off-road toy. The only ones I saw under ~$15k had 150k+ miles and/or were someone’s clapped out trail beater.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
If I were still stock I'd totally agree but I bought the JT because it was the jack of all trades while we were renting. Now that we have a 3-car garage I've got the room for a dedicated toy and with all the off-road stuff on the JT, my payload is lacking. Splitting would allow me to have a nice truck to haul as needed and a toy I don't have to care about as much or worry that it's down for more than a day or two at a time.

Check out the prices. That might cure you of that idea. I.e. My brother just sold his ‘91 80 series. He got $13k for it and that was before he could even get the pictures uploaded (guy on ih8mud).
Yeah fully aware but I've got time given we're getting out off wheeling season. I figure I can land something by fall without too much issue and I should be able to sort out Z Plan pricing on the F150.
Sponsored