First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
I just ordered a Roofnest Condor XL, basically a copy of the iKamper. I will let you know how it installs when everything finally shows up in August! Fingers crossed.

For what its worth, it doesn't look like too big of a gap at all to me! Your setup looks amazing!
Sponsored

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
Yep, I'm using air lift. It made caring the weight better. I do feel like it's a temporary solution. A few manufactures say their coming out with heavier springs but not yet.
any install tips / tricks?

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
Well I thought mine was a Gen 2
guess there are 2 generations of the Gen2 - those with the brake light and those without. I'm actually glad mine does have it, I will have a bike rack off the back at times

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I have the mini but haven't mounted it yet. it looks like you can leave the rails on the Ikamper for the flex and bolt directly to the RLD, The rails should fit be between the "RLD High Ribs".
Looking at it closer the vent may not allow the clearance for the rails
That’s exactly the issue. I’m thinking of shifting the RTT rails apart to clear the outside RLD rails and potentially add a third one in the space between the two RLD rails without the vent.

Sponsored

Spartan21

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, 03TJ
Yep, I'm using air lift. It made caring the weight better. I do feel like it's a temporary solution. A few manufactures say their coming out with heavier springs but not yet.
I also want to get a load bearing rear springs and better shocks but have not located anything. I’m running the iron rock off road steel spacers from and back. Now

Spartan21

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, 03TJ
I also want to get a load bearing rear springs and better shocks but have not located anything. I’m running the iron rock off road steel spacers from and back. Now
Also don’t have my top in yet from adventure ready.

Nolan

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Commander Overland, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Does anyone have the cabinets from RLD on their canopy?

I've scoured the interwebs and this site, but I can't find any dimensions for how deep they are at the bottom. They look to be around 8", but I'm known to estimate dimensions like that longer than reality.

I'm trying to see if I can fit my LiPO battery in my half-cabinet. I'm turning it into my 'command center' with my electrical controls. It would be awesome if my second battery could be mounted in there.

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Does anyone have the cabinets from RLD on their canopy?

I've scoured the interwebs and this site, but I can't find any dimensions for how deep they are at the bottom. They look to be around 8", but I'm known to estimate dimensions like that longer than reality.

I'm trying to see if I can fit my LiPO battery in my half-cabinet. I'm turning it into my 'command center' with my electrical controls. It would be awesome if my second battery could be mounted in there.
Not yet. I’m going to use it for a couple trips, and see where I would like to put things, how I would like to organize things. I think I want to get the table mount that attaches to the ceiling of the canopy, but again, not yet.

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Not yet. I’m going to use it for a couple trips, and see where I would like to put things, how I would like to organize things. I think I want to get the table mount that attaches to the ceiling of the canopy, but again, not yet.
I really want the drop down table as well, but I might fabricate something myself instead. Seems like a steep price for a $100 lifetime table and some brackets... but ive yet to see good pictures of one and how well it works. I have to play the waiting game regardless because my cap won't be here until August anyways.

Sponsored

Nolan

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really want the drop-down table as well, but I might fabricate something myself instead. Seems like a steep price for a $ 100-lifetime table and some brackets... but ive yet to see good pictures of one and how well it works. I have to play the waiting game regardless because my cap won't be here until August anyways.
I'm waiting until August as well but I figured I could do some designing for my drawer/slide system while I'm waiting. Knowing if the LiPo will fit up there would help me know if I have to leave space for it down in the bed.

I think I'm going to mount my table in a slide-out tray under my fridge. I have one of the Cold Creek sink/table combos that are a few inches thick due to the fittings. If I put it overhead it will have to be something custom anyway.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I really want the drop down table as well, but I might fabricate something myself instead. Seems like a steep price for a $100 lifetime table and some brackets... but ive yet to see good pictures of one and how well it works. I have to play the waiting game regardless because my cap won't be here until August anyways.
I have a 4' lifetime folding table I bought for $40 that is absolutely outstanding but they're not so burdensome that I feel like I want a dedicated spot for it. It's easy enough to just slide it along the side when I'm packing that it's more than fine like that.

If it was something I wanted to leave in there just in case I needed it somewhere then maybe but not just for camping trips.

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I have a 4' lifetime folding table I bought for $40 that is absolutely outstanding but they're not so burdensome that I feel like I want a dedicated spot for it. It's easy enough to just slide it along the side when I'm packing that it's more than fine like that.

If it was something I wanted to leave in there just in case I needed it somewhere then maybe but not just for camping trips.
I’m also not sure how much weight I want up top. With the RTT and the RLD itself, I’ve already raised the CoG a good bit.

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
I’m also not sure how much weight I want up top. With the RTT and the RLD itself, I’ve already raised the CoG a good bit.
After adding 170 lbs of bed cap and 150 lbs. of tent, I doubt the extra 10 lb. Table will change much, if anything.

But I'm personally not going to do any insane rock crawling with my camper setup!

Nolan

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But that's a good point on the COG. My LiPo battery (well, any battery) is quite heavy. Likely better to find a spot for it on the bed floor.
Sponsored