Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Occupation
Retired
Hello everyone:
One of my Christmas gift was a kit of RGB rock lights (4) . Where are the best locations inside the fenderwell front and rear to position these lights? just remembered I only have four of these lights.
Also routing the cables....
thanks for your answers
Sponsored

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
I’m not sure I can help with the front and rear, as I installed them in the aluminum fender liners I installed. For the wire routing there are a couple options I’ve tried for various wires:

- down both fender wells along the body outside the frame, you can run the wires through the brackets for the body mount or install zip tie clips (motobilt sells some for $10 you can screw in). Heat tape is nice anywhere near the cats or exhaust, but you can use the frame as protection against that heat in many areas. Depending on your fender liners you can sneak the wires over the frame, while keeping them behind the liners to protect from mud and other wheel thrown debris.

- if you route wires from the passenger side past the frame grounding points, you can follow the wire look right to the gas tank. Use heat tape over your wires when you are done. I also did wiring harness wrap. You can follow this all the way back to the gas tank which offers some options, you’ll see other wires following this path. You can pass wires and tubes behind or over the rear diff in a couple spots, just stay clear of the suspension and drive shaft obviously :)

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Do you want actual rock lights or do you want showy wheel well lights? Typically for actual use you are going to want to illuminate the ground and putting them in the wheel well blocks a lot of light with the tire.

For show with the plastic liners, your best bet will be to drill holes and use some large washers on the backside. You can again drill a hole for the wires but you'll likely want to tape them down to the liner with reflective tape to keep the heat off them.

For function, some right angle brackets off the front frame rails and any of the holes in front of the rear tires will be your best bet. Zipties to the factory harnesses will probably be the best way to secure the wiring.

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
I agree with LostWoods. This is what you get if you mount using the rock rail mounting holes to illuminated between your tires.

I’ve been considering adding another pair just behind the bumpers, but honestly I use my rock lights more for lighting up my work area when I play with the truck than for getting unstuck :)

You’ll notice that’s 6 lights. I put two inside the rear wheel well, and they are less than effective :/

Jeep Gladiator Rock Lights install 74895D79-7B07-48B1-ABD6-D82702F11FAA

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Teacher-Retired Firefighter
I used six two in the very front wheel well as far as you can go., angled back. Two behind the rear wheel well, there is a bracket back there on both sides, facing forward. Two on either side of the middle pointing opposite side of vehicle. Round bar I used hose clamps drilled out with bolts facing out. Here is the light it gives off. Rock lights are Pro Comp
Jeep Gladiator Rock Lights install 28D886BE-F756-4389-BB31-3C277AD5F326
Jeep Gladiator Rock Lights install BF01DC2B-C41C-4C0F-BFB4-E0D285E6F067
Jeep Gladiator Rock Lights install 79D40F98-6908-4406-928F-BF2F2964E9FB
Jeep Gladiator Rock Lights install 30143921-D5D9-4CDA-AD08-1CE2FD820BF7
Sponsored