First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Those look awesome. All I have right now as far as extra strength up front is the steersmarts trackbar. I want to do the knuckles, ball joints, tie rod and drag link in one shot. Just haven't decided on the parts.
Thanks. I decided to just jump in and spend the money to make it the way I wanted. The last thing I haven't done yet is the RCV shafts and chromoly rears. I'll get to it eventually. The knuckles are the real deal though. Man them things are solid!!

20230319_084230.jpg

20230319_084414.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheTrailGeek

TheTrailGeek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - Gator
Occupation
Coder
Thanks. I decided to just jump in and spend the money to make it the way I wanted. The last thing I haven't done yet is the RCV shafts and chromoly rears. I'll get to it eventually. The knuckles are the real deal though. Man them things are solid!!

Jeep Gladiator Rory (TrailMater) fixing a broken Jeep Gladiator knuckle on the trail 20230319_084414

Jeep Gladiator Rory (TrailMater) fixing a broken Jeep Gladiator knuckle on the trail 20230319_084414
Very cool! I'll have to look at their stuff.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Now I fully understand why Jeep put cast steel knuckles on the Mojave.
Cast? I would think you would want forged knuckles on the Mojave

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
It would of been easier to of just drilled another hole for the rod and tell driver to go home. Also, where's your lug nut key socket.
You should open up your own shop right next to him and show him how itā€™s done. . . And your very first message here to boot. I can tell youā€™re going to be fun. šŸ˜

Jeep Gladiator Rory (TrailMater) fixing a broken Jeep Gladiator knuckle on the trail 1680375366411

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Those look awesome. All I have right now as far as extra strength up front is the steersmarts trackbar. I want to do the knuckles, ball joints, tie rod and drag link in one shot. Just haven't decided on the parts.
Post when you do please. Iā€™m thinking about doing the same.

Freems

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport 2022 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Retired
Hell, I didnā€™t know you could stick weld Aluminum! Talented experienced people always amaze me.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Hell, I didnā€™t know you could stick weld Aluminum! Talented experienced people always amaze me.
I thought the same thing, I was amazed he was stick welding it, sounded like fireworks too

Freems

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport 2022 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Retired
I still struggling with my spool gun! Iā€™ve watched that video of him doing that three times and Iā€™m still in awe. Especially if you consider how much power that welder takes to melt that aluminum! Those fireworks noise Iā€™m guessing if the flux on the rod. Iā€™ll be at my welding distributor on Monday morning for some of that rod!
Sponsored