MercMan54

MercMan54

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Just a bit of added info….After 2k miles on my RC 3.5 coil lift I put on the geo brackets and am amazed by the difference. The front wheels pushed forward just about 1.25” but it make a tremendous difference in how the JT soaks up the bumps in the road
I will probably install geo brackets, I ordered them and have them laying around somewhere. My toe angle was adjusted but caster is 2.5-3 degrees off spec. I knew it'd be off but its fairly significant. The brackets should help return the caster.
Nice pic!

Have you been on the highway yet? Mine with 3.73 and 35s only sees 8th downhill.
Yeah it seems to hunt for gears on the freeway when going over 65 MPH. I feel like the acceleration is nearly identical to the stock tires though, which is relatively slow lol.

I don't do a lot of highway driving so I'm good there. Most of my local roads are 55mph - it is fine there of course. If I had a long daily commute or went on a lot of road trips, would definitely have to jump on the regear train.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MercMan54

MercMan54

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I'm adding the geo correction brackets. It rides nice but I figure returning the caster closer to spec can only improve ride - caster is currently 2.5 to 3 degrees off spec.

Can someone educate me? Will adding drop brackets change the toe angle? I'm wondering if I will need an alignment after adding these. I know these will shift the axle... but not sure if toe angle will be affected.

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
any of you that have the 3.5" RC lift go with a new drive shaft? I am seeing a lot of both answers, but figured a user opinion would be good to have. I am days away from making the decision to order, and I am losing sleep from visions of lifts, bumpers and wheel/tire packages swimming in my head. Just Empty Every Pocket is very accurate description.

JTpoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tyrant
any of you that have the 3.5" RC lift go with a new drive shaft? I am seeing a lot of both answers, but figured a user opinion would be good to have. I am days away from making the decision to order, and I am losing sleep from visions of lifts, bumpers and wheel/tire packages swimming in my head. Just Empty Every Pocket is very accurate description.
I have not and so far haven’t noticed any driveline vibrations or any other negative issues. I will, however, probably go ahead and install a carrier bearing spacer. I figure for $30, it can’t hurt to reduce the driveline angle a bit.

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
I have not and so far haven’t noticed any driveline vibrations or any other negative issues. I will, however, probably go ahead and install a carrier bearing spacer. I figure for $30, it can’t hurt to reduce the driveline angle a bit.
How about the front? Seems like that is the most problematic due to the transmission crossbar and exhaust.
Sponsored