First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Military
I had noticed that most installs I’ve seen pics and videos of all had it mounted further forward, leaving that ledge on the tailgate. The cap seems to have slightly too small a footprint, both in length and width. It looks to come about 1/4-1/2” short of the bedsides as well.
Definitely looks better scooted back, but it should be flush all the way around.
Having that small gap at the cab side helps with clearance to get the top off. The side clearance is less than 1/4" on ours...which looks just fine by me.
Sponsored

Shoebox

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Having that small gap at the cab side helps with clearance to get the top off. The side clearance is less than 1/4" on ours...which looks just fine by me.
Don't get me wrong, looks great on your truck. I just don't understand why they designed the footprint smaller than the bed.

How does having it 1/4" in help getting it off? Seems it would be easier to grab with it flush or overhanging a bit (like Leer and ARE do).

G-3PO

First Name
G threep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Occupation
Small Biz
Sure thing! Lift is worth it IMO, both aesthetically and functionally. I am pretty happy with the 35s too, wasn't sure if they would look too small or not, but in my opinion they look good and they have plenty of room to flex as well.

I also upgraded the track bar to a SteerSmarts Yeti XD Adjustable Front Track Bar to ensure a good alignment.

May get 37s when these wear out and upgrade a few more parts, or might just stick with the 35s...time will tell!

20210429_195258.jpg

20210423_143611.jpg
Awesome truck! What tent and rack set-up did you use and if you have any pics of it deployed? I'm trying to figure that out as well right now.

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Awesome truck! What tent and rack set-up did you use and if you have any pics of it deployed? I'm trying to figure that out as well right now.
Thanks!

The bike rack is a 1up with a Kuat Pivot V2 swing arm that we can use or not depending on the trip. It's really nice on longer trips to have the bikes be able to swing open for easy access to the bed through the tailgate. It does cause the bikes to sit a litter further back though, so it costs a little in offroad capability but since adding the lift I haven't really had any issues on the rough dirt roads we drive on a lot to get to camp spots and trailheads. Any time we get into "real" offroading I usually leave the bikes at home or if we have to take them, just use the rack without the swing arm added.

The tent is a Roofnest Eagle (the bigger size of the hardshell Roofnests, I think they call it something different now). We have had it for a few years now and really love it! We just have it mounted on a couple crossbars attached to the top of the Smartcap.

Jeep Gladiator RSi SmartCap EVO Gladiator Fitment 20210501_181038

Sponsored

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Hello @RSI North America Inc any rough estimates on when the Adventure caps will be in stock?
We are expecting shipments of the Adventure Series SmartCaps later this month (Jan), and then again in February and March. If you haven't already placed a backorder, and are serious about wanting one, we would suggest placing a backorder with one of our dealers (https://www.na.rsismartcap.com/backorder). There is a good chance that those shipments will be spoken for with backorders before they make it to port, and won't ever make it into inventory.

Sponsored

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
Thank you @RSI North America Inc ! I will probably do that. Just ordered my JT and waiting on the build date. Timing may be just right.

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Which cap did you order? Did Northridge give you any time frame for shipping?

here is the INFO RSI posted.

We are expecting shipments of the Adventure Series SmartCaps later this month (Jan), and then again in February and March. If you haven't already placed a backorder, and are serious about wanting one, we would suggest placing a backorder with one of our dealers (https://www.na.rsismartcap.com/backorder). There is a good chance that those shipments will be spoken for with backorders before they make it to port, and won't ever make it into inventory.
Sponsored