RSi SmartCap EVO Gladiator Fitment

SavageCoffeeTea

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for the JT diesel
When you say our SmartCap XL (that is the name of the cap that goes on the SmartTray) doesn't come with anything, what are you referring to that you wish it had?
For overlanding / camping :

It would be nice to have an optional “power” package for accessories with optimal battery, solar charging etc. Like a Redarc management system for example. Other option would be a fridge drop down with oven for a kitchen.

A drop down galley would be cool. Something that goes left to right that could store a fridge / stove / sink. Evan if you sold the drop down brackets allowing people to customize it with whatever. Feel free to PM if needed.

zprovo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator BMW-R1150GS Toyota-FJ60 Porsche-914
Occupation
Architect
Is it still looking good for October?

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
Is it still looking good for October?
You bet we are! The first Gladiator Editions are on their way to North America and are set to arrive in late October.

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Still looking at end of October? Got my Mojave now, everything is working out time wise........Jack

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Still looking at end of October? Got my Mojave now, everything is working out time wise........Jack
Everything is still on track for an end of October or early November availability. The variance simply depends on how fast the containers can go through customs and get to the individual Keystone warehouses.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
Good to know.

When is the ship slated to dock, do you have the ships name so we can monitor it’s progress?

Is there a way to know for sure that a particular pre order is on this boat? Thanks for your updates. I think several of us are really excited for these to arrive.

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Good to know.

When is the ship slated to dock, do you have the ships name so we can monitor it’s progress?

Is there a way to know for sure that a particular pre order is on this boat? Thanks for your updates. I think several of us are really excited for these to arrive.

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Like you, we are super stoked about the arriving Gladiator edition caps! Unfortunately, we can't give you firm answers to most of your questions. We are not in a habit of publishing the details of our shipping information. It is also important to note (and we have made mention of this in other posts) there is up to a 2-week window where the products have arrived, are being processed through customs, shipped to our distributor, checked into their inventory, and then distributed to their warehouses around North America. Finally, while we produced the product and helped to facilitate the pre-ordering process, the actual purchases flow through our North American dealer network to our distributor. Because of this, we do not have the details of who purchased the caps, what order they were purchased in, what dealer they purchased it from, or how to gauge when they will receive it. We do know that there are three separate shipments with availability throughout November. The first has just a few units, the second has the majority, and the third a few more. Then there’s a whole new batch that we anticipate being available in January. Our advice would be to talk with the dealer you purchased the cap from to see if they can give you a firm answer on when to expect your SmartCap. We really appreciate your support and your patience. We can not wait for these caps to arrive and get on Gladiators all over North America!

Sponsored

radioinstl

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Gladiator
Alu-Cab and their dealer distribution network had no problem sharing shipping info, tracking numbers and even vessel info. Sounds like you need to come in to the modern shipping age. I order from multi billion dollar companies to single person home businesses and they all do not have a reason to hide their shipping status

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Alu-Cab and their dealer distribution network had no problem sharing shipping info, tracking numbers and even vessel info. Sounds like you need to come in to the modern shipping age. I order from multi billion dollar companies to single person home businesses and they all do not have a reason to hide their shipping status
We provided as much info as we are able to share to help people with pre-orders obtain specific dates for when their caps will arrive. Different companies have different policies regarding this matter. As stated, ours is that we don't share detailed logistics information, because we don't particularly want our competitors to know that side of our business.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So it sounds like the October delivery is out the window now and most will be landing in the US sometime in November. That’s really disappointing.

I’ve purchased an Alucab in the past and like mentioned above, I knew the ship it left on and could track the whole time. For my RTT I got a couple months ago from Roofnest, the same. They shared everything and were very upfront with their customers. I’m disapointed you can’t do the same.

I understand not sharing with competitors. But if someone asks specifically, it’s crazy you won’t provide the info... even if it’s passed through your dealer network. My dealer already has said they won’t share the shipping info because they haven’t been told from you. They can’t give me a date other that “October or November, we don’t know”. That’s crazy if they are really on the water as you state. You should be sharing the shipping info with your dealers so they can inform customers that have been waiting months. Otherwise it looks like you’re trying to hide info from your customers and keep them from ordering something from a competitor that can meet a delivery date.

Luckily I anticipated some delays. But it’s sad that ”Oct avaliability” really means... they might land in the US at the very end of October. (And that only being a few as you just stated). With most arriving in the USA in November. Then making through customs, to warehouses, and then to dealers over a several week period.

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
So it sounds like the October delivery is out the window now and most will be landing in the US sometime in November. That’s really disappointing.

I’ve purchased an Alucab in the past and like mentioned above, I knew the ship it left on and could track the whole time. For my RTT I got a couple months ago from Roofnest, the same. They shared everything and were very upfront with their customers. I’m disapointed you can’t do the same.

I understand not sharing with competitors. But if someone asks specifically, it’s crazy you won’t provide the info... even if it’s passed through your dealer network. My dealer already has said they won’t share the shipping info because they haven’t been told from you. They can’t give me a date other that “October or November, we don’t know”. That’s crazy if they are really on the water as you state. You should be sharing the shipping info with your dealers so they can inform customers that have been waiting months. Otherwise it looks like you’re trying to hide info from your customers and keep them from ordering something from a competitor that can meet a delivery date.

Luckily I anticipated some delays. But it’s sad that ”Oct avaliability” really means... they might land in the US at the very end of October. (And that only being a few as you just stated). With most arriving in the USA in November. Then making through customs, to warehouses, and then to dealers over a several week period.
Unless you haven't noticed, COVID has made it quite tough for manufacturers to accurately nail shipping delivery times. But with that said, the shipment will arrive in North America in October just like we said it would. It is currently slated for the 27th. From there it could take up to 2 weeks for it to be processed through our Distributors network. Im not sure what else I can say. I'm sorry you are frustrated. We are doing the very best we can.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unless you haven't noticed, COVID has made it quite tough for manufacturers to accurately nail shipping delivery times. But with that said, the shipment will arrive in North America in October just like we said it would. It is currently slated for the 27th. From there it could take up to 2 weeks for it to be processed through our Distributors network. Im not sure what else I can say. I'm sorry you are frustrated. We are doing the very best we can.

"Unless I have't noticed, CoVID..."?

Wow, so now you're insulting your customers. Nice. I have family that have been in the hospital with CoVID. So yes, I've noticed. Thanks for asking.

Telling everyone when the ship was on the water doesn't require predicting anything. Just communicate info as it comes in. Telling your customers how many units are in the 1st and second shipements doesn't require planning.... just communication of existing information.

You could have just given the info you provided later in the post about he 27th. IS th the small shipment with only a few units? When is the second shipment arriving?

I'm sorry your company is struggling so much. Your competitors are doing much better and keeping their customers informed. Communication is key, people will accept a lot if you're up front with them. That is what you are struggling the most with.
Sponsored