Sponsored

RSi SmartCap EVO Gladiator Fitment

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
It would be really nice to know which shipment my cap will be on...I'm not sure how sharing that would give away any meaningful information to competitors. I had been excited for the end of October but it seems like if I'm lucky and mine is on the first shipment, it'll be November.

I'm fine waiting. I love this cap design and am super excited to get it. That's the biggest reason its frustrating to have a lack of information...we are all excited and a few more details to help us focus our excitement on an accurate timeline really helps to mitigate disappointment and frustration, even if it means some more waiting.

I'm also trying to plan to sell my bed rack right before I go pick up my topper, so a little more detail on a date for my order would help a lot there too.

I definitely understand delays and stuff especially with COVID and shipping across the ocean. I think we would all really appreciate any information you are able to share without giving away your specific methods. It really would help us navigate the waiting process without the frustration of not knowing if its a matter of weeks or a month or more before we see our caps.

Super excited for your product and I for one have experienced excellent customer service from you guys so far. Thanks for being active on this forum!
Sponsored

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
"I love this cap design and am super excited to get it. That's the biggest reason its frustrating to have a lack of information...we are all excited and a few more details to help us focus our excitement on an accurate timeline really helps to mitigate disappointment and frustration, even if it means some more waiting."

This for sure!

We are all really excited and have been waiting months. A little heads up goes a LONG way.

I'm still looking forward to this cap, as I think it's the best design out there right now.

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
"I love this cap design and am super excited to get it. That's the biggest reason its frustrating to have a lack of information...we are all excited and a few more details to help us focus our excitement on an accurate timeline really helps to mitigate disappointment and frustration, even if it means some more waiting."

This for sure!

We are all really excited and have been waiting months. A little heads up goes a LONG way.

I'm still looking forward to this cap, as I think it's the best design out there right now.
100% agree!

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly don't think there has been a lack of information at all. In fact, quite the opposite. RSI has had some of the best communication out of any vendor I've seen on this site so far, especially considering their product hasn't even been released yet. If you want to see a company with poor communication, go check out the Maximus-3 rack threads. Their products look incredible, but they have been downright terrible at keeping people informed and have busted multiple timelines.

RSI has said from the get-go that deliveries will commence end of October in to November. Frankly, considering everything that has been going on in the world, I find it amazing that they were able to forecast that timeline so far in advance (what has it been, 6 or so months since they announced the JT shell?) and that they have been able to *stick to it*. Not many companies can say the same. Once units hit the states, I suggest checking with your distributor to try to narrow down dates. After all, they're the ones actually shipping them to your door, not RSI, so they should have a better idea.

All in all, nothing but kudos from me for RSI. I think they've been doing a great job.

bring44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professor
"Unless I have't noticed, CoVID..."?

Wow, so now you're insulting your customers. Nice. I have family that have been in the hospital with CoVID. So yes, I've noticed. Thanks for asking.

Telling everyone when the ship was on the water doesn't require predicting anything. Just communicate info as it comes in. Telling your customers how many units are in the 1st and second shipements doesn't require planning.... just communication of existing information.

You could have just given the info you provided later in the post about he 27th. IS th the small shipment with only a few units? When is the second shipment arriving?

I'm sorry your company is struggling so much. Your competitors are doing much better and keeping their customers informed. Communication is key, people will accept a lot if you're up front with them. That is what you are struggling the most with.
Why are you saying "CoVID"? It's COVID-19 or more specifically SARS-CoV-2.

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Fitment question:
The side boxes in half size, it looks to me cause of the angled rear of the side window they only fit on the rear of the vehicle, I am looking for a half box on the drivers side front of the side window, to still allow large items to be put in rear, one of those items being me? Drivers side front seems best as the gas fill neck is below it, and if I am going to sleep in back once and a while it seems the best place. Yes old guy 230 pounds ,six foot does fit on diagonal, Thanks......Jack

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
Fitment question:
The side boxes in half size, it looks to me cause of the angled rear of the side window they only fit on the rear of the vehicle, I am looking for a half box on the drivers side front of the side window, to still allow large items to be put in rear, one of those items being me? Drivers side front seems best as the gas fill neck is below it, and if I am going to sleep in back once and a while it seems the best place. Yes old guy 230 pounds ,six foot does fit on diagonal, Thanks......Jack
Unfortunately, we only offer the Half-Bin with the cargo box on the tailgate side. The reason for this is that most people want to be able to reach cargo at the front of the truck bed--avoiding the need to have to crawl into the back of the bed.

OVRLND_G8R

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Gator
Great looking product. Interested in some more information about the kitchen. About how far down is the top face of the burner when unfolded to the bottom face of your bed cap (where your bed cap meets the truck bed). Some videos look like they are about equal. Is there any provisions to have it drop further down?

I am concerned it doesn’t drop far enough down for comfortable cooking / use of the cutting board especially if the truck is lifted.

thank you in advance!

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Great looking product. Interested in some more information about the kitchen. About how far down is the top face of the burner when unfolded to the bottom face of your bed cap (where your bed cap meets the truck bed). Some videos look like they are about equal. Is there any provisions to have it drop further down?

I am concerned it doesn’t drop far enough down for comfortable cooking / use of the cutting board especially if the truck is lifted.

thank you in advance!
Thank you for the compliment…we’re stoked to hear that you like it!

Regarding the Camp Kitchen, when deployed the top of the burner surface is approximately ½” lower than the mounting flange of the SmartCap. While we’ve experimented with telescoping arms that would allow the stove to be lowered, lateral stability becomes compromised. Consequently, we’ve chosen to keep the stove stable, and customers with taller trucks or shorter users sometimes choose to use a short step stool. The convenience of opening the gullwing door and having a kitchen ready to go is worth the compromise too many.

Also note, the cutting board is removable and designed to be used on a table for cutting as it is not necessarily stable enough to be used in an outward position.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Fitment question:
Unfortunately, we only offer the Half-Bin with the cargo box on the tailgate side. The reason for this is that most people want to be able to reach cargo at the front of the truck bed--avoiding the need to have to crawl into the back of the bed.
Does the full bin attach differently in the front than it does in there rear? If they attach the same, would it not be possible to use a passenger side half bin on the driver's side? Thus, having it to the front of the bed?

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I really looked at the website and thought about it, the rear part of window is angled and the bin is square so they have an area there that makes the angled window fit the square so, flipping won't help as the angle has to be in the angle. No worries I'll just fab up a box, perhaps shallower. The thing ,I'm thinking is pretty neat is the table, I might get that from Santa this year, 63 years old and my grandkids and I still believe in Santa, wife always looks annoyed when I get something big from Santa, and the grandkids take it over to show her!.....Ho, ho ho!........Jack

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I really looked at the website and thought about it, the rear part of window is angled and the bin is square so they have an area there that makes the angled window fit the square so, flipping won't help as the angle has to be in the angle. No worries I'll just fab up a box, perhaps shallower. The thing ,I'm thinking is pretty neat is the table, I might get that from Santa this year, 63 years old and my grandkids and I still believe in Santa, wife always looks annoyed when I get something big from Santa, and the grandkids take it over to show her!.....Ho, ho ho!........Jack
You are right, the rear wall of the bin does have an angle to it.

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Does the full bin attach differently in the front than it does in there rear? If they attach the same, would it not be possible to use a passenger side half bin on the driver's side? Thus, having it to the front of the bed?
Unfortunately, you can not just swap the Bins from side to side as their design are side specific--see the attached drawing.

1 Full Bin Dimensions Front View.png

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
HEY, any news on arrival yet? Getting closer to the expected mid November date. I guess I’m most concerned when Keystone is going to ship one to AA Autoparts in Pottsville Pa.?......Jack

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
HEY, any news on arrival yet? Getting closer to the expected mid November date. I guess I’m most concerned when Keystone is going to ship one to AA Autoparts in Pottsville Pa.?......Jack
I was told mine would be here on Friday or early next week! Time will tell....
Sponsored