Sponsored

RSi SmartCap EVO Gladiator Fitment

905_gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Its finally on, fits great and quality is A+

only issue and its cosmetic is the SMARTCAP sticker on the back is peeling off ill contact RSI see if i cant get another one.

Overall the truck looks bad ass now, got a ton of thumbs up on my way home!

RTT next on the list!

Jeep Gladiator RSi SmartCap EVO Gladiator Fitment 1650744875271

Jeep Gladiator RSi SmartCap EVO Gladiator Fitment 1650744900159

Jeep Gladiator RSi SmartCap EVO Gladiator Fitment 1650744920291
Sponsored

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
Its finally on, fits great and quality is A+

only issue and its cosmetic is the SMARTCAP sticker on the back is peeling off ill contact RSI see if i cant get another one.

Overall the truck looks bad ass now, got a ton of thumbs up on my way home!

RTT next on the list!

Looks great! Can't wait for mine to show up so I can get assembling and mounting it. I have a Front Runner platform rack and OVS 270 awning sitting in the garage waiting for a home!

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
Working on the layout of mine. Used the ceiling rivets to mount traction boards and a shovel (didn't grab a pic of the shovel). Added a tow strap on the door - plenty of power in the struts for a little weight on them. Some frontrunner cross bars up top. Used a Wilco bed mount and was able to put a 37" spare inside. Don't intend to keep it there all the time, but wanted to be able to put it in the bed when off roading to avoid dragging it across the rocks.

IMG_5072.jpeg

IMG_5101.jpeg

IMG_5103.jpeg

IMG_5182.jpeg

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
I've consistently had a small trickle of water from the front (cab edge). Nothing to be upset about, but would like if I could solve. I believe it's from the thinner supplied gasket material used to "fill in" the slightly depressed area between the rails. For unrelated reasons my RTT is off the top so may take advantage of it's temporarily lighter weight and redo that area with a thicker material. Anyone have suggestions or something that worked for them?

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Working on the layout of mine. Used the ceiling rivets to mount traction boards and a shovel (didn't grab a pic of the shovel). Added a tow strap on the door - plenty of power in the struts for a little weight on them. Some frontrunner cross bars up top. Used a Wilco bed mount and was able to put a 37" spare inside. Don't intend to keep it there all the time, but wanted to be able to put it in the bed when off roading to avoid dragging it across the rocks.

Jeep Gladiator RSi SmartCap EVO Gladiator Fitment IMG_5182

Nice! You addressed two things I've been mulling over now for some time: the roof rivnuts, and whether a spare would fit in that area beneath the cap on that same mount. I run 35s, so it appears as though this wouldn't be an issue. I may need to look into this. My only potential issue is that I run a bedslide, which means I'll have less vertical space. Hmm.

I've been toying with the idea of securing a net across the inside of the roof using those rivnuts as a storage area for spare recovery straps. Good to see someone else is innovating! Looks great!

Sponsored

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
I've consistently had a small trickle of water from the front (cab edge). Nothing to be upset about, but would like if I could solve. I believe it's from the thinner supplied gasket material used to "fill in" the slightly depressed area between the rails. For unrelated reasons my RTT is off the top so may take advantage of it's temporarily lighter weight and redo that area with a thicker material. Anyone have suggestions or something that worked for them?
There is a fairly simple fix for this, but will require you to remove the brackets temporarily. You'll want to purchase a roll of Butyl tape from an auto parts or hardware store. This will be used to fill the gap between the front bedrail of the truck, and the cap.
In our Assembly and Installation video (https://www.na.rsismartcap.com/assembly-fitment) at about the 5:50 mark, there is an example of the process.
If you need further assistance, please send us a DM, or an email to or Customer Support Team ([email protected]).

OVRLND_G8R

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Gator
Nice! You addressed two things I've been mulling over now for some time: the roof rivnuts, and whether a spare would fit in that area beneath the cap on that same mount. I run 35s, so it appears as though this wouldn't be an issue. I may need to look into this. My only potential issue is that I run a bedslide, which means I'll have less vertical space. Hmm.

I've been toying with the idea of securing a net across the inside of the roof using those rivnuts as a storage area for spare recovery straps. Good to see someone else is innovating! Looks great!
I’m in the process of using the roof Rivnuts to put threaded rod about 5-6” (to not obstruct window) and run either a piece of plywood or get a custom sized molle panel to mount there. Use it as a high shelf for long items such as camping table, chairs, recovery boards. And then be able to mount items under it as well.

havent posted with the cap installed yet….

Jeep Gladiator RSi SmartCap EVO Gladiator Fitment BD40F96D-63E3-4D54-A085-C521BEDC6325

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
@TheHops I picked up some used wheels and tires for trail rides that are a larger 37 than the bfgs and it still fits. My Ram has a bedside. Based on the height of that I am guessing your 35s should still fit. Added a hi lift mount recently. Slowly getting the inside built out. Planning to add the left side full bin for cooking and misc small items. Bought some matte white wrap for the roof to see if it will deflect some heat. My skill level with vinyl wrap has proven to be close to zero, but the roof is flat and hard to see from the ground - low risk. Will be hitting the trails next weekend to see if anything falls out of all these mounts!

@OneTraveler I recall reading somewhere in all the posts about the cap that there was a seal size that worked better in that lower area. Don't recall what/where it was. We don't get any rain here so no leaks for mine yet.

Attachments

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in the process of using the roof Rivnuts to put threaded rod about 5-6” (to not obstruct window) and run either a piece of plywood or get a custom sized molle panel to mount there. Use it as a high shelf for long items such as camping table, chairs, recovery boards. And then be able to mount items under it as well.

havent posted with the cap installed yet….

Jeep Gladiator RSi SmartCap EVO Gladiator Fitment BD40F96D-63E3-4D54-A085-C521BEDC6325
The Jeep looks great. And that sounds like a solid idea! I can't recall offhand what the listed weight limit was for those rivnuts, but it was something quite low...less than 30 pounds, I'm fairly sure. Depending on how big of a piece of plywood you're looking at putting up there, you may be close to maxing out on the shelf alone, so that's something to consider. I'd be curious to see what you come up with though. It sounds like it has some promise for sure.

OVRLND_G8R

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good point. Didn’t even think about the weight capacity of the nutserts. Maybe leave the plywood off all together and just run some aluminum channel or something. The stow away table is 41 lbs. so my guess is the weight limit on these nutserts were tested and failed around 60lbs

Hey @SmartCap. Any comment on the weight capacity on these nutserts on the roof?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Good point. Didn’t even think about the weight capacity of the nutserts. Maybe leave the plywood off all together and just run some aluminum channel or something. The stow away table is 41 lbs. so my guess is the weight limit on these nutserts were tested and failed around 60lbs

Hey @SmartCap. Any comment on the weight capacity on these nutserts on the roof?
Other than for the weight of the StowAway Table, we haven't tested the nut inserts. We wouldn't recommend adding more weight than that, as it may compromise the structure of the roof.

Last edited:

OVRLND_G8R

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other than for the weight of the StowAway Table, we haven't tested the nut inserts. We wouldn't recommend adding more weight that that, as it may compromise the structure of the roof.
thanks for the reply. The answer I expected, but not the answer I wanted 😂

time to experiment 👍🏼

Reactions: PJZ
OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
thanks for the reply. The answer I expected, but not the answer I wanted 😂

time to experiment 👍🏼
Good luck 🤞
And let us know how it turns out!

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
@SmartCap You've got a vendor in San Antonio, TX charging just short of $1k over MSRP for out the door. looking at other pricing, tax, and shipping thats like $500 for installation! is that normal for dealers?

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
Other than for the weight of the StowAway Table, we haven't tested the nut inserts. We wouldn't recommend adding more weight than that, as it may compromise the structure of the roof.
How much does the stow away table weigh? I don't see those specs on the website. :)
Sponsored