RSI Smartcap

kaeo_15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Thanks! They are Diode Dynamics SS3 direct replacement fogs.
Sponsored

sgumedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
If anyone hasnā€˜t installed their SmartCap yet, I ordered strips to go the length of the cap but they didnā€™t arrive in time when the shop put it on. If anyone local is interested, will sell for $50 (original was $65 plus $15 shipping). Will ship by USPS for whatever it costs for anyone interested.

3F36B816-A454-485A-8A85-E5185D7649D5.jpeg

A565E716-13F0-4D74-874F-7A1001DB83BC.jpeg

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
Thanks! They are Diode Dynamics SS3 direct replacement fogs.
Diode Dynamics makes some great light kits. They're really popular and the fact that all of their brightness levels are SAE rated for on road use is great. We sell a lot of them.

Cap looks great by the way! Really impressed with the Evo A's.

kaeo_15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
^Thanks! You guys were great to work with. Really happy with the quality of service and communication.

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
Update on inventory:

RSI Evo Sport (side gullwing windows) - Still awaiting incoming shipment
RSI Evo Adventure (side solid panel gullwing openings with interior molle panels) - In stock!

If you're looking for a cap, shoot us a PM or give us a call at 888-466-8991.

Sponsored

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
Damn. That box is looking really rough. Glad everything showed up (aside from the bolts...I'm sure RSI can get you new ones) in otherwise good shape.
I'm not sure RSI can do much of anything. I'm 4 months out from receiving my damaged cap. I still have nothing in the way of a useable fix.

My credit card company has already told me they would authorize a charge back for this debacle. I really don't want to do that to @OffroadAlliance.com, but I have no idea what else to do at this point. My dealer hasn't communicated to me about this ongoing issues with RSI or advocated for a proper fix despite knowing what is going on.

RSI did send a relacement rear lift gate to me about a month ago. But it was the wrong color and didn't included any latches/lock cores (which were also damaged in my first shipment that I received back in November and them asking for my key code#). Supposedly another one was painted correctly and has been dispatched. It should have been here days ago, but there is some logistic s problem in Europe... so I have no idea where it is located or if they included the latches this time...

This is SO frustrating, especially when more and more units are delivered to newer customers and I am stuck with a pile of metal in my garage for months.

Now I have sympathy for RSI as a company and @OffroadAlliance.com is kinda stuck in a hard place when things go wrong. RSI lost their NA rep a while back and are dong all warranty issues from SA. But a person can only have so much patience. I just want a functioning cap.

Last edited:

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
I'm not sure RSI can do much of anything. I'm 4 months out from receiving my damaged cap. I still have nothing in the way of a useable fix.

My credit card company has already told me they would authorize a charge back for this debacle. I really don't want to do that to @OffroadAlliance.com, but I have no idea what else to do at this point. My dealer hasn't communicated to me in weeks, despite me sending them emails.

RSI did send a relacement rear lift gate to me about a month ago. But it was the wrong color and didn't included any latches (which were also damaged in my first shipment that I received back in November. Supposedly another one was painted correctly and has been dispatched. It should have been here days ago, but there is some logistic s problem in Europe... so I have no idea where it is located or if they included the latches this time...

This is SO frustrating, especially when more and more units are delivered to newer customers and I am stuck with a pile of metal in my garage for months.

Now I have sympathy for RSI as a company. They lost their NA rep a while back and are dong all warranty issues from SA. But a person can only have so much patience. I just want a functioning cap.

Did you order from us, it sounds like it. Can you shoot me a PM with your name and order number please? It's a bit hard to tie forum user names with actual names I'm happy to provide any update. But I'm surprised to hear that if we are dealer that we are not communicating as we work very hard to provide everyone updates.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you order from us, it sounds like it. Can you shoot me a PM with your name and order number please? It's a bit hard to tie forum user names with actual names I'm happy to provide any update. But I'm surprised to hear that if we are dealer that we are not communicating as we work very hard to provide everyone updates.
Hey! Yes, you all are the dealer. I've sent a PM to you. I know one of the email addresses for someone at your company has been cc'ed on the RSI correspondence and I have sent a few messages direct to that address as well with no response. They could have gotten lost in the shuffle/spam filter though.

Please contact me at the address in the PM. Hopefully we can get something figured out about this mess. Thank you.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Before
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap A565E716-13F0-4D74-874F-7A1001DB83BC

After

-I ordered last friday when offroad alliance posted that they had some in stock, it got to the freight terminal Wednesday. Originally it was going to be delivered to my parents house (they have garage space to work indoors) then realized a freight truck couldnā€™t get far enough down the drive for my parents to be able to manhandle the skid into the garage. Since the terminal was only about a mile from my house I just went and picked it up. The skid was bigger than I had expected but luckily it fit in the bed (the skid is all the way against the front of my bed.
-Packaging was sturdy, I had the 2x4 uprights attached to the skid. No damage to anything.
-Assembly the side were a snap they slid in enough to get a rubber mallet and tap them in. The front and back... somewhere in South Africa is a man who designed those 3 piece bolt-into-square-plastic thing fasteners, hopefully I never meet him. RSI if youā€™re listening if the bolts were a little bit longer it would have been much easier to get them together. To be fair I was working by myself but it was hard to use 2 hands to get them started and hold the cap together and keep everything lined up. Also they were not hand right from the factory. The sides probably took 5 minutes each to unwrap and install, I probably spent an hour easy on the front and another hour on the back. Yes itā€™s dark in my after pic. Installation was easy, itā€™s just heavy. Unfortunately it was dark and getting close to freezing so I forgot the foam strip under the front of the cap, so when it warms up or I have garage space Iā€™ll have to get that installed.
-Overall Iā€™m pretty happy. My only con like I said is if those bolts were a little bit longer theyā€™d have been easier to put together (if youā€™re not following the instructions and trying to do it alone. Other than that it looks awesome, everyone at work today says they like it. The MOLLE panel is a lot sturdier then I expected it to be. Not a fan of the smart cap logo on the sides but it peels right off.
Shipping 10/10
Assembly 8/10
Looks 11/10
Overall 10/10

and lastly some after pics in the daylight

That looks great! Enjoy that baby :)

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
Finally got my RSI roof rack in and on. Installed Front Runner quick release brackets and a shower en-suite. About to do a cartwheel

Need to see said cartwheel.

Sponsored

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
Hey! Yes, you all are the dealer. I've sent a PM to you. I know one of the email addresses for someone at your company has been cc'ed on the RSI correspondence and I have sent a few messages direct to that address as well with no response. They could have gotten lost in the shuffle/spam filter though.

Please contact me at the address in the PM. Hopefully we can get something figured out about this mess. Thank you.

An email was sent to you yesterday from RSI and we just tried to call you but no answer. RSI has been responsive to you and we have been here the entire time as well. RSI has already sent you a tracking confirmation and while taking longer than any of us would like, it is in route to you. Definitely appreciate that this is frustrating but it is being handled to ensure your requests are being met.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The replacement piece they sent via UPS had a useable tracking number. That one arrived in about a week after they shipped it, which was awesome. Sadly, that liftgate was somehow the wrong color and had no hardware.

The tracking number for the new one doesn't show anything useful, it just shows it was shipped and that it is in the hands of a freight logistics company. Doesn't show location of the panel or the expected Delivery date.

In fact, I was initially told it was supposed to be delivered two days ago. I was only provided a tracking number after having to ask for a status updated AGAIN from RSI. Now RSI state there is a delay and it is still in Europe, days after I should have had it in hand.

Granted this isnā€™t directly RSIā€™s fault or @OffroadAlliance.com fault. But none of this gets around the fact it has been MONTHS of this run around.

This isn't @OffroadAlliance.com fault for RSI constantly letting this fall through the cracks. I'm just more than frustrated that after 4 months of me having the cap something hasn't happened to get this fixed.

Yes, you did try to call but as I mentioned in my email back to I couldnā€™t take it at the moment. Thanks for reaching out directly though and Iā€™ll be in touch soon. Iā€™m sure this can get sorted out. I just want to be rolling with a matching, functional cap. Iā€™m so jealous and happy for everyone that has them installed and then adventures youā€™re having!

Last edited:

briandmiles

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 JTR ecodiesel, GMC Yukon XL Denali
I know Iā€™ve seen this somewhere on the forum but I canā€™t seem to find it anywhere. What are the lengths of and the spacing between the two roof rails on the Evo sport?

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
That looks promising, although pricey. I'd like to see what it looks like on a Gladiator once they get closer.
Pretty close to this!

Gladiator_Camera_rear_2-mp-Apr-6-2020_L_32.jpg

zprovo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator BMW-R1150GS Toyota-FJ60 Porsche-914
Occupation
Architect
I know Iā€™ve seen this somewhere on the forum but I canā€™t seem to find it anywhere. What are the lengths of and the spacing between the two roof rails on the Evo sport?
46 3/4" center to center and 44 7/8" long
Sponsored