RSI Smartcap

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
I actually am torn if I prefer the sport now.

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap C58279BF-A194-4A39-8A8A-3446F9A3E547

I know what you mean, they are very good looking and have some functionality that the Adventure does not. It is a tough trade-off. I wavered A LOT and in some ways still question my choice of going with the Adventure. I am sure I will love it, just saying they both are awesome.
Also gotta say I like the matching Harley!

svc707

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I know what you mean, they are very good looking and have some functionality that the Adventure does not. It is a tough trade-off. I wavered A LOT and in some ways still question my choice of going with the Adventure. I am sure I will love it, just saying they both are awesome.
Also gotta say I like the matching Harley!
Yeah I still have an adventure on order and its going on its sixth month, but this will hold me off and i will decide to sell one either the glass sides or the metal sides assuming they will swap with just the 6 bolts holding the panels in place. My buddies came by to visit me at work and trying to tempt me into getting another bike but the Jeep life is more practical for my daily life right now.

ColoradoKH

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
High altitude
Occupation
GM
Quick update... I also, received a call from Jeff, at Off Road Alliance. He said my cap was coming in the next few weeks and answered some of my questions regarding the RSI delays and why some are getting their orders ahead of others that have been waiting longer. Not happy about being passed over, but it looks to be a distribution issue with RSI’s US distribution partner.

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick update... I also, received a call from Jeff, at Off Road Alliance. He said my cap was coming in the next few weeks and answered some of my questions regarding the RSI delays and why some are getting their orders ahead of others that have been waiting longer. Not happy about being passed over, but it looks to be a distribution issue with RSI’s US distribution partner.
Thanks for that update Kyle.

Sponsored

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
woohoo - I got a shipping notice email today! :)
Looks like the wait is almost over. Happy dance pending arrival, lol.
Thats awesome, congrats! Now it's your turn, haha, I expect many install photos to distract me from my lack of shipping notifications! 🙃

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats awesome, congrats! Now it's your turn, haha, I expect many install photos to distract me from my lack of shipping notifications! 🙃
You got it! Sad part is we both have to be patient, not sure how quickly I can get time to install it - but you can bet that I will try to do it asap. Likely the first weekend after it arrives.

svc707

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
You got it! Sad part is we both have to be patient, not sure how quickly I can get time to install it - but you can bet that I will try to do it asap. Likely the first weekend after it arrives.
def try and get 4 bodies to help lift it to install onto truck. That way you’re not dragging it on the seal.

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
def try and get 4 bodies to help lift it to install onto truck. That way you’re not dragging it on the seal.
Yeah, that is part of the delay - coordinating helpers. I will probably build it on the floor of the garage & park outside until I get help to flip it over and install on the truck.

Sponsored

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
Thanks for that update Kyle.
Wow... years later and RSI still can't get their house in order. That said, I'm happy with mine. But getting it was a total disaster (and that was years ago). I'm sorry everyone is still having issues.

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
Wow... years later and RSI still can't get their house in order. That said, I'm happy with mine. But getting it was a total disaster (and that was years ago). I'm sorry everyone is still having issues.
We're so glad that you're happy with your SmartCap. Just so you are aware, the issues that are voiced here have mostly to do with the demand for our products far outstripping our manufacturing capacity in South Africa. That said, we are in the final stages of opening our new North American manufacturing facility, with expectations that our lead times will drop significantly (maybe not right away).
We appreciate your understanding and patience, and that of others with similar situations, and hope that they all get the same enjoyment out of their SmartCaps as you have.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
We're so glad that you're happy with your SmartCap. Just so you are aware, the issues that are voiced here have mostly to do with the demand for our products far outstripping our manufacturing capacity in South Africa. That said, we are in the final stages of opening our new North American manufacturing facility, with expectations that our lead times will drop significantly (maybe not right away).
We appreciate your understanding and patience, and that of others with similar situations, and hope that they all get the same enjoyment out of their SmartCaps as you have.
This will be great for your company and all the consumers! Super excited the distribution side of things is set to improve. We just ordered a second gladiator and want another RSI cap on this one, so they match :)