Sponsored

RSI Smartcap

Blitzinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah the contour canopy is one piece. I reached out to rsi the other day to see if they would ever make a one piece and said no theirs would always be modular. This way if you damage something on the trail you can replace that piece. I like the fact that alu cab is one piece and has that mix of solid doors on the sides and smaller windows vs the rsi’s sport model entire side doors being glass. I can’t decide between the two of what I want. But to me the rsi looks better. Pros and cons to both.
Yup. Same boat man. If they just made the alu cab have more geometric shapes on the exterior sorta like the RSI, I’d be sold on it.
Sponsored

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
Yup. Same boat man. If they just made the alu cab have more geometric shapes on the exterior sorta like the RSI, I’d be sold on it.
Well I’ll let y’all know how I end up liking it, after 8 months I’ve thrown in the towel on my order. Picking up a Contour instead since I found one available sooner. But you’re right, I still think the RSI is the better looking one.

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Well I’ll let y’all know how I end up liking it, after 8 months I’ve thrown in the towel on my order. Picking up a Contour instead since I found one available sooner. But you’re right, I still think the RSI is the better looking one.
Not to mention the contour is lighter. Post some pics in the contour canopy thread after installed. But yeah I still like the rsi’s looks more too.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...oll-call-not-camper.63471/page-3#post-1061036

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
. I like the fact that alu cab is one piece and has that mix of solid doors on the sides and smaller windows vs the rsi’s sport model entire side doors being glass. I can’t decide between the two of what I want. But to me the rsi looks better. Pros and cons to both.
The joys of a free market economy.

I like the RSi' Sport's large all glass windows better. I find that accessing the front of the bed from the large windows to be very useful.

I like the RSi's looks better.

I like the AluCab's structure and weight savings.

I started to tighten the nuts on my RSi about 3 months after I installed it but stopped because it didn't need tightening. The weatherstripping is going to compress to some degree. But at some point it's going to stabilize. You won't be tightening nuts for the life of the top.

For what it's worth, I put blue loctite on mine when I assembled it.

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
The joys of a free market economy.

I like the RSi' Sport's large all glass windows better. I find that accessing the front of the bed from the large windows to be very useful.

I like the RSi's looks better.

I like the AluCab's structure and weight savings.

I started to tighten the nuts on my RSi about 3 months after I installed it but stopped because it didn't need tightening. The weatherstripping is going to compress to some degree. But at some point it's going to stabilize. You won't be tightening nuts for the life of the top.

For what it's worth, I put blue loctite on mine when I assembled it.
From an access stand point. Wouldn they both be the same both doors swing up on the sides I just like the look of the solid doors and smaller windows vs all glass. Unless I’m misinterpreting what you’re saying lol.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From an access stand point. Wouldn they both be the same both doors swing up on the sides I just like the look of the solid doors and smaller windows vs all glass. Unless I’m misinterpreting what you’re saying lol.
I was mistaken. I thought the doors themselves were smaller on the AluCab. They aren't. It's just the windows that are smaller.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
How's the current backlog of orders for the SmartCap (evo sport) these days? We got one of the early shipments into the country back in 2020 (through Offroad Alliance) for our 2020 LE. So I know there can be some logistical challenges with these.

Any leads on a place that might have one in stock or soon to be in stock? We just added a 2023 JTRD to the "fleet" and it needs a canopy :)

Steveott

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f350
Occupation
Rocky toppers
How's the current backlog of orders for the SmartCap (evo sport) these days? We got one of the early shipments into the country back in 2020 (through Offroad Alliance) for our 2020 LE. So I know there can be some logistical challenges with these.

Any leads on a place that might have one in stock or soon to be in stock? We just added a 2023 JTRD to the "fleet" and it needs a canopy :)
Rocky Toppers Billings Mt. 406-656-2812.

Dls79

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Try Highlift Offroad in Fairfield Ohio. I found my RSI Smartcap there earlier in the year when it seemed like no one had any. Highlift Offroad had a number of them Instock. They assembled and installed mine while I went to lunch. They seem like knowledgeable and capable good guys.

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 22
Fred–
We're so glad you're loving your SmartCap!
We can't wait to see pics from all those family adventures!
đź‘Š đź‘Š đź‘Š
Coming back from a week of traveling in the South Island :) Super happy with it, fully loaded and awesome for the roof tent :)

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 20221129_151531

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 20221125_140233

Sponsored

ColoradoKH

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
High altitude
Occupation
GM
Loving the Smartcap, It was worth the wait.

Great quality, my two concerns are freezing locks and how the foam seals will hold up overtime??

A327E701-51EF-401D-8415-D9D95058C08F.jpeg

D7178EF8-8A15-426E-97A0-E95436207787.jpeg

4DB9ED0E-38E7-4C26-9073-60E655C08748.jpeg

9DF072BF-3331-438E-B886-71C3FC9CFD8D.jpeg

svc707

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
For all of you with frozen lock issues. I HAD that issue but with a little bit of understanding why it’s happening, get yourself a can of dry lube with Teflon and you won’t be having anymore issues. Even if you’re not experiencing frozen lock issues, this will help prolong the tumblers and rid the feeling of roughness when cycling the locks.

72EE1F56-2CED-402A-9229-B51FFB916F01.jpeg

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
If you live somewhere cold, the locks will freeze... no matter what you do ahead of time. Just carry a can of spray deicer.

Pre treatment with lube will help. But if it's wet and then cold... not much you can do.

MN resident here, with a Smart Cap since 2020.

Our foam seals have been holding up fine.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've used spray silicone and it has worked well so far. Just one cold and wet storm so far. We got 2 ft in NH this weekend.

I rarely lock it. But did this weekend since I was traveling with about $5000 in ski gear inside.
Sponsored