Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
Plenty of room for everything with the RSI cap!

3y3ZEnU.jpg

K6ghl

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Eco, 2017 JKR
Occupation
Retired Aerospace engineer
Does anyone have any info on the Bed Replacement Tray System and a SmartCap XL. Besides it being $$$$.

Sponsored

zprovo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator BMW-R1150GS Toyota-FJ60 Porsche-914
Occupation
Architect
I don't even open that window that much. I use the side doors. But I think you are right. The gasket on the door is very hard and the trim around it is so soft.
I clearanced mine by a strong 1/8". There is metal in that gasket (which explains why its abrating the side gasket) so I used a combination of Havalon knife through the soft bit and a pair of diagonal cutters through the metal. It doesn't rub anymore and it doesn't look like the seal is compromised.

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
Does anyone have any info on the Bed Replacement Tray System and a SmartCap XL. Besides it being $$$$.
What kind of information are you looking for? We'd be happy to provide any details we have.

nortski3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon & BMW F800GS
New cap new look. Got it put on a couple days ago and I’m very happy with it. Build quality is exceptional (to be expected for the price). I had to shim the rear (as expected) but otherwise fit is solid. @RSI North America Inc killed it with the EVO.

6876EB71-FD4D-48D4-BDB6-6D5CE884FB0F.jpeg

After years of tooling around with dual sports and wranglers; I’ve been inspired to build out an overland rig. As I’ve grown older needs changed and perspective has changed. Getting away from work this last year in my first makeshift overland setup helped me realize how much I needed to unplug and the benefit it provides. After swapping my first manual gladiator for this launch edition auto (the girlfriend couldn’t drive analog) and putting this cap on I’ve decided to build a more capable overland rig. I’ve got moderate mechanical acumen but going to give it a go and do as much of the work as possible. Here’s to not butchering a $60K truck.

If you want to follow along my progress beyond what I post in the forum I’ve started an Instagram: unlost_overland. Bear with me as I get the initial content uploaded and start posting current day progress.

The planning begins...

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
Let us know what type of information you are looking for and I am happy to assist.

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
it’s only like that because supplies are limited. There is a guy here that ordered in Nov. and received his early Jan. So there is some inventory it just takes awhile. My guess, every cap that comes off the boat is spoken for. Once there is a surplus, the preorder will go away.
But, I can tell you, it’s worth it. This thing is awesome.
Also, if you order the table, that will ship quick because I think it’s universal for all RSI caps.
That is correct. Due to the demand, the Gladiator application has been on pre-order ever since it was released in North America.

@RSI North America Inc @OffroadAlliance.com

Do you have pictures of the EVOa on a gladiator, or a rendering? What does the inside of the doors with the molle panels look like? How much weight can be supported by the panels?

Thanks,
Shane
We don't yet, but should have Gladiator EVOa picts in the next few weeks. As the MOLLE panels are mounted to the backside of the double-walled stainless steel Gullwing doors with Gas Assist shocks, we recommend you keep the weight to under 15 lbs. to keep the doors from wanting to close.

Sponsored

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That is correct. Due to the demand, the Gladiator application has been on pre-order ever since it was released in North America.

We don't yet, but should have Gladiator EVOa picts in the next few weeks. As the MOLLE panels are mounted to the backside of the double-walled stainless steel Gullwing doors with Gas Assist shocks, we recommend you keep the weight to under 15 lbs. to keep the doors from wanting to close.
Will those panels be interchangeable in any way with the existing EVO Sport model? The EVOa is exactly what I wanted/needed, but unfortunately it wasn't available or projected when I purchased mine.

zprovo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator BMW-R1150GS Toyota-FJ60 Porsche-914
Occupation
Architect
@RSI North America Inc is there any reason I can't lift my smartcap by the roof rails? I ordered M8 weldnuts for the tracks and I have 4 M8 eye bolts. I was thinking I would just use a hoist bolted to the ceiling of my garage to lift it. I know this thing can handle a bunch weight bearing down on it, but sometimes things prefer to be stressed in only one direction...

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Will those panels be interchangeable in any way with the existing EVO Sport model?
Oh wouldn't that be great? I wold love to swap one of my doors for a non-glass and be able to mount traction boards/rotopax, etc....

K6ghl

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Eco, 2017 JKR
Occupation
Retired Aerospace engineer
Let us know what type of information you are looking for and I am happy to assist.
1) I'd like to know an approximate weight of the Smart Tray and of the SmartCap XL. 2) What is the estimated date for availability and are you taking pre-orders?
3) What is the price for the SmartCap XL. The website lists $6495, I'm assuming that this is just for the SmartTray.
4) Will the SmartTray come standard with the Drop Sides and center Slide.
5) What options are available for the SmartTray and SmartCap? Looking for spare tire mount at a minimum.
6) Will the Smart Tray have a trailer hitch or will the Jeep Factory hitch be compatible?

nortski3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon & BMW F800GS
@RSI North America Inc - is there a timeline for arrival of load bars in the US? Your website states they are inbound and would ship within 10-21 days. Is this accurate? I need the load bars to mount up my RTT otherwise I'm going a different route.

Appreciate any insight.
Sponsored