First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator sport s
Occupation
Self employed
It's a good thing I enjoy the wrench time!
I haven't done an alignment yet, not sure if it's needed, yet. I've got some highway driving this weekend.....that may change my thoughts on an alignment!
Did they say what was out on your alignment when they did it?

Because I had never done it before and didn't have the time to do it. Thought it was going to be a huge job to do. Plus the shop quite me $800 out the door with alignment so I figured that was a good deal for me not to touch it. It took the shop 2 hours plus alignment to have it done. It was the third day I owned it so I called the shop and set it up while I was signing the deal. Had 35's put on the second day I had it. If I would of known it was that easy to do I would of done it myself honestly. I figure 4 or 5 hours tops to do it all. Dang dude I feel for ya brother, 15 hours that's a lot of time.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
It's a good thing I enjoy the wrench time!
I haven't done an alignment yet, not sure if it's needed, yet. I've got some highway driving this weekend.....that may change my thoughts on an alignment!
Did they say what was out on your alignment when they did it?
Any time they touch suspension parts on any vehicle they charge $50 extra in the price for a alignment, that's their policy but their prices are always $200 cheaper than any other shop and I've used them for over 20 years so I don't question them. They do good honest work!

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
It was only me....so I need a hand to secure a wrench to the back of the bolt so it doesn't spin, then a hand on the torque wrench so it doesn't pip off, and a hand on a floor jack. That's more hands then I've got!!
That being said I do like the thought.
Honestly if I just had another person so I could get 2 hands on the torque wrench it would be all good. That's why the lesson learned is have a buddy with you for that part!
The force on the torque wrench keeps it from popping off the bowl. The nut can be held on by a wrench that's wedged against the crossmember.
Plus, if you do one side at a time then you don't have to raise the vehicle up on jack stands.

OP
OP
Southerncl

Southerncl

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator sport s
Occupation
Self employed
I've got the recheck them in a couple hundred miles....I'll give it a try!

The force on the torque wrench keeps it from popping off the bowl. The nut can be held on by a wrench that's wedged against the crossmember.
Plus, if you do one side at a time then you don't have to raise the vehicle up on jack stands.
Sponsored