First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sub
Occupation
Retired
Pondering a purchase. I’ve noticed most rubicons have a red dash finish but I’ve seen one or two with a dark grey or black dash finish instead. Is this an after market change or does it come from manufacturer with different options …..
Sponsored

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
Red is the default. I think some got other colors when there were shortages of parts, but I could be mistaken.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
I was in the same boat as you OP. Prior to purchasing my Rubicon, I was researching vinyl dash overlays, replacement OE plastic options, etc. I can’t find it now, but I joined a thread asking about the same thing before I bought mine. 🤣

The Rubicon red dash looks…in my opinion…to be tacky and an absolute eyesore in most pictures online.

Fast-forward to delivery day, I took to it immediately and never gave covering it up or replacing the pieces another thought. My two cents…the ruby red dash inserts and seat stitching look nice in person.

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Navy, Engineer DoD
It is all based on the interior color that you select. I have the brown leather interior and it came with the non-red dash. If you go on Jeep and build one it will show the dash changes when you select the brown leather interior.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
My dash is grey. It seems like they tone down the dashboard with grey if you get a tacky exterior color like I did. (I love my tacky color, by the way). If you get brown leather, you get a grey dash too.

Sponsored

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
Most of the time, if you get the black cloth seats or black leather seats, the dash is red. If you order the brown leather, the dash will be gray (and all contrast stitching will be white).

Some exterior colors never come with a red dashboard though, but they're the exception, not the rule.

Either way, if you don't like the red, there are tons of people who would love to trade you their gray one, or buy your red one from you. That's the nice thing with Jeeps - almost nothing is set in stone if you're determined enough. :)

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon Launch Edition Granite Crystal
Occupation
Self employed
yeah thats right dashbord panel colors changes depending on your exterior color and interior color

brown color interior gives you automatically the grey pannels the rest will depends on your exterior color ( which is sad you should be able to choose by yourself)

and mine is black "leather" with red stitching ( launching edition)

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stuff
yeah thats right dashbord panel colors changes depending on your exterior color and interior color

brown color interior gives you automatically the grey pannels the rest will depends on your exterior color ( which is sad you should be able to choose by yourself)

Yup. If you want the best color (Sting Gray), you’ve got to pay the Jeep “troll toll” by accepting the red dash panels.

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self employed
Yup. If you want the best color (Sting Gray), you’ve got to pay the Jeep “troll toll” by accepting the red dash panels.
you dont like the red? funny thing it was a big eye catching for me when they launched the JL . always said ... i will buy a JL with red pannels and a funny colors ( hella yella was my fav at this moment).... and i end up with a JT granite grey with black/red stiching pannel :)

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stuff
you dont like the red? funny thing it was a big eye catching for me when they launched the JL . always said ... i will buy a JL with red pannels and a funny colors ( hella yella was my fav at this moment).... and i end up with a JT granite grey with black/red stiching pannel :)
🤣 I’m just kidding with that comment (see post #3). For folks that really don’t like it in person though, it must seem like that.

Sponsored

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership

Same here. Hope I never need to replace it as I’ve not found a part number.

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self employed
My buddy has a white JL and the red dash looks very nice. In my JT it is painted to match the exterior (sarge) and also have the inside of the hardtop painted black. Think it makes a big difference for interior looks.

This hydro dip looks really good if you want some type of design.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/custom-hydro-dipped-topography-dash-panels.92861/
I saw this one and woaw it’s really amazing
I remember when I saw it I was curious to see how it could looks by night if some of the topographic lines could be painted in phosphorescent…. But I also remembered Henri Fonda in my name is nobody …. It’s a JEEP not a brothel mirror 😂

• Haha
Reactions: PJZ

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
I didnt know what hydro dipping was and had to watch some YouTube after seeing these. The process is very therapeutic to watch and results look great.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver