Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I'm picking up a suspension take off from a Rubicon today mainly for the shocks but the guy said something about a upgraded Steering Stabilizer on the Rubicon and Mojave models. I was under the impression all model JTs ran the same Stabilizer, I could be wrong and I'm not calling no one a liar because I'm not sure of the answer and he's not completely sure either after we spoke. Either way I'm going to buy it but is there a difference in the Stabilizer on those 2 models compared to a sport or overland.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I'm picking up a suspension take off from a Rubicon today mainly for the shocks but the guy said something about a upgraded Steering Stabilizer on the Rubicon and Mojave models. I was under the impression all model JTs ran the same Stabilizer, I could be wrong and I'm not calling no one a liar because I'm not sure of the answer and he's not completely sure either after we spoke. Either way I'm going to buy it but is there a difference in the Stabilizer on those 2 models compared to a sport or overland.
There is an upgraded Fox Stabilizer you can buy from Mopar or Fox, that is better than the stock stabilizer on the Sport and Overland. I don't know which unit comes on the Rubicon. I bought one of the Fox Stabilizers off of Amazon to put on my Overland. I also bought a set of Rubicon take-off shocks to install. The factory stabilizer on my Overland is all black. If the Rubicon stabilizer has the Jeep/Fox labeling on it, it may be one of the better units.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
According to the parts catalogs they’re all the same.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
There is an upgraded Fox Stabilizer you can buy from Mopar or Fox, that is better than the stock stabilizer on the Sport and Overland. I don't know which unit comes on the Rubicon. I bought one of the Fox Stabilizers off of Amazon to put on my Overland. I also bought a set of Rubicon take-off shocks to install. The factory stabilizer on my Overland is all black. If the Rubicon stabilizer has the Jeep/Fox labeling on it, it may be one of the better units.
Which one off Amazon did you get just curious. I don't feel like I need one yet but since I'll be installing the shocks I'm getting with Rubi suspension for sure, I'd like to match the steering stabilizer to the shocks.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
That's the one I have. It works well and does improve steering feel and doesn't cause pulling or anything. That stabilizer, Rubicon Shocks, and better, bigger tires have transformed my Overland. It drives way better now.

New steering box too, but that was a separate issue...
That's exactly what I'm about to do. Still on the fence on if I want to throw the front springs on or not. I'll do the stabilizer and shocks and see where it's at. It feels fine now but if this makes it better then that's a plus to me

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
That's exactly what I'm about to do. Still on the fence on if I want to throw the front springs on or not. I'll do the stabilizer and shocks and see where it's at. It feels fine now but if this makes it better then that's a plus to me
I intentionally waited to do my tires and rubicon suspension parts until after it was fixed so they couldn't blame it on anything other than the clearly loose steering gear box.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
To my knowledge all stock stabilizers are the same cheap POS...

Save your money on the monotube model, and get the TS 2.0...

I got this one, and am very happy with the results...

https://www.amazon.com/Fox-Factory-Inc-985-02-127-Performance/dp/B07PFGHMB6

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard mixed results on the TS 2.0 on stock Gladiators. I haven't heard anything but positive feedback, myself included, with the IFP model.
Ive read the opposite on here. People having pulling issues with the IFP, but not with the TS, because it is neutrally-charged to not pull, only dampen. Plus, it’s designed exactly the same as the $500 ATS model, just without the adjustability. It’s preset to around the 12-13 click setting on the ATS, because that is where Fox found that most preferred the ATS set to.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard mixed results on the TS 2.0 on stock Gladiators. I haven't heard anything but positive feedback, myself included, with the IFP model.
Ive read the opposite on here. People having pulling issues with the IFP, but not with the TS, because it is neutrally-charged to not pull, only dampen. Plus, it’s designed exactly the same as the $500 ATS model, just without the adjustability. It’s preset to around the 12-13 click setting on the ATS, because that is where Fox found that most preferred the ATS set to.
Not saying anything bad about either one of these options, I have heard nothing but good stuff from those running either. What it comes down to me is just having something to match the shocks really. I'm pretty happy with how it drives at the present. I'm just assuming the shocks along would improve the ride, adding either SS would just be even more improvement over something I'm already pleased with. I'm going to go with the IFP Fox one just simply because it's cheaper, I haven't heard nothing really bad about it and it will help me match everything. I'm sure the ATS is an outstanding product as well, I'm sure of it.
Sponsored