Rebornfungus

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I figured there was some logic to it. Higher Number = Heavier and Heavier is right side with fuel tank helps a ton. Thank you!
Sponsored

SgtMajTomahawk

First Name
Lawren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Hate to be "that guy", but after searching since before i purchased my sport s with max tow....i have read roughly 50/50 regarding if rubicon springs actually get you a taller ride height.

Some say the rubicon is just taller simply because of the raised fender flares and 33s from factory but doesn't actually have spring height adding to ride height, others say it actually gains you an inch of height over sport springs, plus added flex from long travel fox shocks over stock sport s shocks.

By now i figure plenty have first hand factual confirmation. So, can anyone confirm? Are rubicon springs going to get me an inch of height and a bit more travel from the shocks?
I have the Sport S Max tow and it did raise me up about 3/4in front and rear before the lift. Since then I added a 2.5in up front and a 3/4in spacer in the rear.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Sport S Max tow and it did raise me up about 3/4in front and rear before the lift. Since then I added a 2.5in up front and a 3/4in spacer in the rear.
There is no "pat answer" because "Rubicon springs" can be at least 2 or 3 different springs for the front and 2 or 3 different rear springs.
AND the JT you are putting them in may have lighter springs or heavier springs.
So if you have a Sport or Overland with the heaviest springs used in the Sport or heaviest springs used in the Overland and end up with Rubicon take-off springs from a Rubicon that in a basic Rubicon and has the lighter Rubicon springs, it won't lift the others as much. If you have the lightest springs under the other model and land the heavier Rubicon springs, it could lift it an inch.
I've seen everything from "very little" to 1" - so, as they say YMMV.

Buzzlb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland: The Overcon ‘82 CJ-7
Build Thread
Link
Did the swap on my Overland, gained 1” front and 3/4” rear.
See The Overcon for pics and details.

SgtMajTomahawk

First Name
Lawren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
There is no "pat answer" because "Rubicon springs" can be at least 2 or 3 different springs for the front and 2 or 3 different rear springs.
AND the JT you are putting them in may have lighter springs or heavier springs.
So if you have a Sport or Overland with the heaviest springs used in the Sport or heaviest springs used in the Overland and end up with Rubicon take-off springs from a Rubicon that in a basic Rubicon and has the lighter Rubicon springs, it won't lift the others as much. If you have the lightest springs under the other model and land the heavier Rubicon springs, it could lift it an inch.
I've seen everything from "very little" to 1" - so, as they say YMMV.
OP asked and I told him what I ended up with. Measured at the fender with stock wheels by adding Rubicon Springs front and rear with the Rubicon Fox shocks I gained 3/4in front and rear. Gives a softer ride and better handling off road. If you bout a max tow for the towing and hauling then stick with Max Tow stuff, but I bought the Max Tow for the 4.10 gears and it's way cheaper than a Rubicon where I'm just going to strip everything out anyway and put better aftermarket stuff in there. The Rubicon take off stuff is a cheap option combined with a cheap level kit to get you on 35s until you really get serious. Nobody guarantees you will get a certain height every time on every vehicle, but the Rubicons are higher than Sport or Sahara, that is fact and they are tuned for off road with better parts.

Sponsored

Wicknalter

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I did the Rubicon suspension swap on my gladiator and I love it. 35’s will fit without a lift. Had my wheels and tires on well before the suspension.

C28912F2-8F4C-4E45-AA82-2229D7651866.jpeg

J-GriffsGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Geologist
Did the Rubicon swap on my Sport. Can confirm that the front springs are taller (~3/4") from the Rubicon than my Sport with max tow package. Installed everything and it definitely gave me a little lift. Love it. Works great.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
OP asked and I told him what I ended up with. Measured at the fender with stock wheels by adding Rubicon Springs front and rear with the Rubicon Fox shocks I gained 3/4in front and rear. Gives a softer ride and better handling off road. If you bout a max tow for the towing and hauling then stick with Max Tow stuff, but I bought the Max Tow for the 4.10 gears and it's way cheaper than a Rubicon where I'm just going to strip everything out anyway and put better aftermarket stuff in there. The Rubicon take off stuff is a cheap option combined with a cheap level kit to get you on 35s until you really get serious. Nobody guarantees you will get a certain height every time on every vehicle, but the Rubicons are higher than Sport or Sahara, that is fact and they are tuned for off road with better parts.
Only the springs and shocks are different. That's the tuning. Otherwise the control arms and track bar are the same. (sway bar is the same if you don't count the disconnect but you can add disconnect options to any JT)
I got about 7/8" up front and a bit stiffer ride, meaning more road feel, pavement imperfections.
I used max tow springs in the rear to hold it up with a load in the back and got about a quarter inch drop in the rear. Nice because it leveled it out just a bit.
If I put 3/4" spacers under it like I'm considering, I'd be about where I want to be, but it's not bad now, really.
Sponsored