Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing that changes by lifting - which a spring swap and/or spacers does, is throwing the front axle slightly off-center. That's because the track bar swings in an arc so raising the truck off the axle makes the right end of the track bar swing down and move the axle a bit to the left.
That will throw the steering wheel off center. How much depends on the change in height.

Swapping springs, a lift, spacers, whatever, will not change any angles - it won't change caster or camber and it won't even change TOE.
It only changes the axle centering which changes the steering wheel centering.
In short - you can put the steering wheel back to center yourself (basic adjustment)

If any of these are off after a lift, they were off BEFORE the lift or spring swap -
camber
caster
toe
And camber and caster can't be adjusted or changed without changing parts.

Great clarification. Which makes sense why the ONLY noticeable difference I seen when doing mine awhile back was the steering wheel not centered. Which I fixed myself as I said. Good to know. I've been racking my brain and putting off the possibility of needing an alignment for a little while now. That puts me at ease a bit.
Sponsored

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer