Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Sort of off this topic but still related to another question here - I hate shock extenders - are quality shocks made with the longer length to compensate?
I prefer the shocks be longer than to add the complexity of extending them. It just adds more points of failure.
I doubt I'll ever go that far, and I've totally lost track of how high my Overland was originally so I can't even tell you how much I've changed the height since I lost my initial notes from last year.
I agree. I have nothing bad to say about shock extenders but I do prefer to just get full length shocks. I had shock extenders with my original lift on my JKU and had no problems, but when I went to a full spring swap lift and removed the spacers I got full length shocks, just because I wasn't planning on doing anything else to it lifting it wise. I never noticed a difference in ride quality though. I assume on a trail it probably does make a difference when flexing out.
Sponsored

Cmdrcoupe

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Sort of off this topic but still related to another question here - I hate shock extenders - are quality shocks made with the longer length to compensate?
I prefer the shocks be longer than to add the complexity of extending them. It just adds more points of failure.
I doubt I'll ever go that far, and I've totally lost track of how high my Overland was originally so I can't even tell you how much I've changed the height since I lost my initial notes from last year.
I want to keep the nice ride I currently have or as close as possible, I'm not opposed to longer shocks any suggestions on shocks that will maintain the ride quality?

Cmdrcoupe

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I'm not opposed to longer shocks as long as I can get comparable shocks that keep that nice ride quality, Any suggestions would be great.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Based on what you said about the ride killing your back, the Overland vs the Sport shocks and springs might be different. Mine rode like a dream, it had a super soft ride, but it was too floaty over bumps and the back had a constant bounce to it. Not like rough, it was just always twitchy and moving when the front was much more stable and planted. My Overland floated down the road like my old 65 Coupe DeVille (other than the bed bounce part). It wasn't for me. It still has a soft ride, but its more stable and controlled now.
I know this was from long ago, but describes my stock sport perfectly. Hit a bump, especially while turning, front feels great, back end bouncy and sometimes kicks out even. Almost filled my drawers going 55-60 when it happened on wet pavement.

RVCA_ZR

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary Gladiator
Occupation
IT
So I just had my swap done, 80th Ann. to Rubicon shocks/ springs with the 1.5" teraflex level kit. Here are the photos to show the stance before and after w/measurements. Mine seems to be a inch (ish) higher in the rear after everything.
Before-
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon to Sport S suspension swap before

After-
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon to Sport S suspension swap after

Garage floor level rear-
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon to Sport S suspension swap level

Garage floor level front-
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon to Sport S suspension swap GF

Front measurements-
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon to Sport S suspension swap F
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon to Sport S suspension swap FR
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon to Sport S suspension swap FL

Rear measurements-
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon to Sport S suspension swap R

Bed level-
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon to Sport S suspension swap bed

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
So I just had my swap done, 80th Ann. to Rubicon shocks/ springs with the 1.5" teraflex level kit. Here are the photos to show the stance before and after w/measurements. Mine seems to be a inch (ish) higher in the rear after everything.
Before-

After-

Garage floor level rear-

Front measurements-

Rear measurements-

Bed level-
first time i've seen a level in these types of photos, i like it!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Before-

After-

Garage floor level rear-

Front measurements-

Rear measurements-

Bed level-
Which tires?

RVCA_ZR

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
first time i've seen a level in these types of photos, i like it!
I don't know how helpful it is but I was hoping someone would comment and say, "Ya that looks normal or mine also had a inch in the rear". Idk I thought the truck would be perfectly leveled but I can live with the slight rake

Last edited:

Jack'D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know how helpful it is but I was hoping someone would comment and say, "Ya that looks normal or mine also had a inch in the rear". Idk I thought the truck would be perfectly leveled but I can live with the slight rake
Looks great!
Got 1-1/4" in the back and 1-1/8" in the front when I did mine, couldn't be happier with it. Mine is a Sport S, I hear people say the ride on the Overland is pretty nice, not my experience with the Sport. The swap has been the best bang for the buck so far for me, the cost against the improvement in ride cant be beat.
Enjoy it!

FB_IMG_1595889063743.jpg

Sponsored

RVCA_ZR

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Looks great!
Got 1-1/4" in the back and 1-1/8" in the front when I did mine, couldn't be happier with it. Mine is a Sport S, I hear people say the ride on the Overland is pretty nice, not my experience with the Sport. The swap has been the best bang for the buck so far for me, the cost against the improvement in ride cant be beat.
Enjoy it!

Jeep Gladiator Rubicon to Sport S suspension swap FB_IMG_1595889063743
I agree the ride has definitely improved with the Fox setup and aesthetically it does look better. You cant really notice the difference so overall im happy with the stance. Now I need to decide on 35s and Rubicon wheels or aftermarket wheels. I wonder if the hardtop vs softtop is the difference in height for you, either way looks good! Worth every penny

Jack'D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I agree the ride has definitely improved with the Fox setup and aesthetically it does look better. You cant really notice the difference so overall im happy with the stance. Now I need to decide on 35s and Rubicon wheels or aftermarket wheels. I wonder if the hardtop vs softtop is the difference in height for you, either way looks good! Worth every penny
Yup, Jeep has like 7 different spring rates for the trucks (dont quote me on the exact # lol), so that's probably the difference. I think your wheels look great, I'd throw some 33s on it and call it good!

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
[QUOTE="Mkcagle, post: 373741, member: 23061"General consensus has been to use the Rubican front springs and Fox shocks on the front and just the a fox shocks on the rear.
Exactly what i did.
[/QUOTE]
Do you happen to have the part numbers on those front springs? I have a full set of the fox shocks but need to order the springs...
Sponsored