Sponsored

Rubicon with 1.5" Teraflex Leveling Kit and Daystar .75" Rear Spacers

kev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I was having a tough time finding some photos of a Rubicon with a leveling kit and rear spacers when I was researching these, so I figured I'd post some photos before and after. Hopefully it will help others down the road.

Sorry, this will be photo intensive but I figured I'd show the truck in differrent angles.

STOCK

Here are a few pictures of the truck prior to these add-ons. Note that it's a low optioned 2021 Rubicon, 6sp manual.

Sorry, some of these are blurry

Jeep Gladiator Rubicon with 1.5" Teraflex Leveling Kit and Daystar .75" Rear Spacers full

Jeep Gladiator Rubicon with 1.5" Teraflex Leveling Kit and Daystar .75" Rear Spacers full

TERAFLEX 1.5" FRONT LEVELING KIT

Here are some photos of the addition of the 1.5" Teraflex front leveling kit. This kit was a piece of cake to install. Took an hour and a half and that was taking my time. No issues on installation at all, everything went smoothly. I didn't touch the lower control arms and I didn't have to re-align the truck afterwards.

The result: I love the kit! I really picked up that front end. Gave the truck a much better stance and even feels taller when driving. It didn't affect the ride in any way. It pretty much leveled the truck. Well actually, if I take measurements from the two extreme points on the rock guards to the ground, it still was showing about 3/4" lower in the front.

ADDING DAYSTAR .75" REAR SPACERS

I love the Teraflex kit but with the Rubicon front fenders, the stance still looked odd to me. It looks as if it is squatting in the rear. The gap between the fender and the tire looks so much larger in the front. Or maybe this is just me and that I'm use to trucks having at least some rake. So I added the Daystar .75" spacers to the rear. The install went the same as the Terraflex kit, it was easy! It took an hour in all. I will say that to make it easier on you, pull the bolt for the rear track bar. This allows you to install the spacers easier without having to push down on the axle to slide them in. The instructions didn't state this but I pulled the trackbar bolt on the front for the Teraflex kit, just do the same for the back.

The result: I love it even more! Although it put a rake back in the truck (which I like), it added more gap in the rear wheel wells and it made it look proportional to the gap in the front with the Rubicon fenders.

Hope this helps others who are looking into this combination. As I said, I love it. This is how the truck should have come from the factory. Eventually, I may go with 35s when these OEM tires wear out but I think it looks great the way it is.

kev
Sponsored

OP
OP

kev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Just to summarize with the side views only

Stock:

full.jpg

Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit

full.jpg

Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit AND Daystar .75" rear spacers

full.jpg

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I've been contemplating this exact setup. I too prefer a little rake and in essence, it's about a 0.75" bump in the front. Looks great. đź‘Ť

Chetnik

First Name
Marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecodiesel Gladiator, BMW 135I (widebody)
Occupation
Automotive Industry
Awesome write up.. Just convinced me to throw my rears on ! they have been collecting dust.

Stock:

Sponsored

phranican

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 YJ4.0l, '20 Telluride SX, '21JTR
Thanks for this post. I was likely going in this direction but this helps to seal the deal. Hoping this Spring the spacer lift and 35x11.5 Maxxis Razr ATs go on and I can post the pics here!

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OP, When I look at the Teraflex 1.5" kit (part # 1155300)
it comes with 1" spacers for the front and .5" spacers for the rear. Is this the kit you used? I see you went with a Daystar .75" rear. Can you clarify please?

phranican

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Teraflex kit (part # 1155300) is front only. You can install the 1" or .5" spacer or stack them for 1.5"

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ahhhhh, Thank you sir!

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You stacked it for the 1.5” then added a .75” rear then.

Sponsored

phranican

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not the OP, but yes it appears they did. I recently installed the 1" only tf front and 3/4" ds rear. PIc here if it helps.

KayboKabuk

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 CJ7 - 2022 Gladiator Rubicon on order
Occupation
Police Officer

Stock:

Thanks for posting this. I am thinking about doing the same on mine.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Looks good, I have the same setup with front Daystar correction pads, Mopar lower control arms and RE shock extensions. Mine is a Sport, I also changed my front springs to 340 and 343 springs, rears are stock max tow springs. Running AEV wheels with Kenda 35” tires.

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 1500 Custom/Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Occupation
Retired for now!
Thanks very much! I have the same kits and have not yet installed them. I will when time permits. Your JT looks great now! Thanks again for the details and pictures!!!

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
For any that have done this were you able to get the front alignment in spec without the lower control arms?

I am contemplating this as a simple adjustment to compensate for my new 315’s and eventually a winch. Want to touch as little of the suspension as possible on my mojave but would like to minimize the rake too.
Sponsored