First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
After seeing this bumper at Sema I was excited to get my hands on one. The price was right and looked great with the rear qtr panel sliders. Thankfully, the bumper was released this month. Though, from the Pictures I couldn’t tell if it worked with the qtr panel sliders. I talked to some people from Rugged Ridge and they had no idea. They said it should work so I placed an order with Northridge 4x4 due to a sale. Received the bumper yesterday and after looking at it there’s no way the sliders can attach to the bumper without severe modification. They even changed the corners of the bumper from the SEMA build so the sliders won’t fit. Who in the hell designs a bumper without a way to install sliders? Your limiting your market. Just be warned about this bumper. Now I gotta see if I can return it.

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge HD Rear Bumper - Sliders Don't Fit AF505498-E307-45F2-BE54-AC28DA068B22

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge HD Rear Bumper - Sliders Don't Fit 39F277BD-741D-422B-AE22-E861AA5BA6A2

43012AA9-739B-406F-ACB9-C5A13D945409.jpeg
Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Had they made the bumper wrap around to protect the bedsides it would've made much more sense. This just leaves you with no options to protect the side. Disappointing for sure because the price and design is great IMO.

OP
OP
andrew8404

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Had they made the bumper wrap around to protect the bedsides it would've made much more sense. This just leaves you with no options to protect the side. Disappointing for sure because the price and design is great IMO.
yup, I completely agree it’s probably my favorite rear I’ve seen. Not sure what there thinking.

Buzzlb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland: The Overcon ‘82 CJ-7
Build Thread
Link
Looking at the Red Rock bedsides ~$180. Don’t know if they will fit with this Bumper, waiting for some pics of them mounted to see the bumper side end points/fit.

FB1B35F2-2C68-44B9-B592-5299AE643B25.jpeg

6CE351B1-ACAB-44CA-9AF8-657C9FAC4B4D.jpeg

361527E8-E182-48B7-A75E-A1736701E915.jpeg

Sponsored

Vicegrips

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
not gainfully employed. Too old, been there done that.
I've got an aftermarket front bumper with Warn winch. I've been watching for a rear bumper for the Mojave. Too bad Rugged Ridge didn't appear to get everything right.

Buy once, cry once. If I'm getting a JT specific rear bumper, I'd strongly prefer wrap around.

I really like the hidden hitch on the JCR bumper.
Rock Hard bumper would let me keep my orange tow hooks.
Road Armor bumper appears to have a rear winch mount in theirs. Heck, I'd put a small winch back there just 'cause nobody I know has a winch permanently mounted at both ends.

I'll take it painted black. No, I'd rather not loose another week or two getting it painted separately.

In stock, please. I'm not looking for a custom job. <Rant about vendors who don't tell you it's not available until Real Soon Now deleted>

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
This bumper is a HUGE let down... I contacted RR about it long while back & everything sounded good then they let me down.

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge HD Rear Bumper - Sliders Don't Fit 1603679879044

OP
OP
andrew8404

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Looking at the Red Rock bedsides ~$180. Don’t know if they will fit with this Bumper, waiting for some pics of them mounted to see the bumper side end points/fit.

The stock Rubi short sliders don’t work with the HD?
Less expensive option....
https://www.extremeterrain.com/redrock-4x4-jeep-gladiator-bed-side-rock-rails-jg2317.html

But will It fit?.......
I don’t think those will work either because there’s no place on the HD bumper to connect the sliders too. If you can find sliders that don’t connect to the bumper you should be fine.

Buzzlb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I am happy with the HD, and recommend it, fit & finish all good. Don’t know about Rubicon, on the Overland (with out bedside sliders!) it is great.

OP
OP
andrew8404

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
I am happy with the HD, and recommend it, fit & finish all good. Don’t know about Rubicon, on the Overland (with out bedside sliders!) it is great.
yes if you don’t need real protection for off-roading it’s great which kind defeats the purpose of getting a new rear bumper in the first place. But that’s besides the point...

Sponsored

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
not to get too sidetracked, but do any of these aftermarket bumpers come with tag lights??

I was interested but most of these vendors seem to post renders instead of actual photos, and they generally don't include a license tag with lights. I want to keep it street legal!

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
not to get too sidetracked, but do any of these aftermarket bumpers come with tag lights??

I was interested but most of these vendors seem to post renders instead of actual photos, and they generally don't include a license tag with lights. I want to keep it street legal!
I think most do or post what’s needed. I’ve not actually seen one that didn’t made for the jt.

Buzzlb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
yes if you don’t need real protection for off-roading it’s great which kind defeats the purpose of getting a new rear bumper in the first place. But that’s besides the point...
Steel all the way around now, better protection than Plastic....

OP
OP
andrew8404

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Steel all the way around now, better protection than Plastic....
Obviously, but if you want better protection you need the qtr panel protected. Which you can’t do with the HD bumper. So defeats the purpose of this bumper.

OP
OP
andrew8404

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic

yes a few do. This is what I’m looking at now just hate the diamond plate but does have lights.
https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-80302.htm
Sponsored