Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Rubi sliders have two attachment points. These only have one. DV8 has a worse reputation for quality then most manufacturers. I’ve seen several complaints on here about them. Sure there better then nothing. And yes you can weld anything you want together. I’m talking plug and play. Yes looks like DV8 will work from the picture. You will still need drop down brackets looks like.

4AC967B9-3C24-4920-B848-9BFE95650039.png
I'll say this, I'm not partial to Dv8 and I know they had issues with their fenders on the JKs not lining up, which they addressed, but as far as Quality and customer service, and I'm particularly talking about dealing with them directly and not a 3rd party vendor, their customer service is awesome and they will beat any 3rd party vendors price. On the Quality Control side they have no more or less issues than any other vendor or manufacturer selling this stuff. I'm not knocking anything anyone is running either, I got a rugged ridge front bumper and I'm running rugged ridge wheel spacers. If issues is your worry I would not hesitate to buy the DV8 sliders, my rear bumper is as good as as any as far as quality goes and it could take a beating. Just my 2 cents on that, some people and I'm not talking about you Andrew but others have to high of expectations and can never be pleased.
Sponsored

Sunnysideup

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pumpkin Gladiator/ 2007 Steel Blue JKU
Occupation
Pastor
I have seen two reviews of the DV8 sliders that mention they don't clear the factory exhaust on the Drivers side... that you can't even install all of the bolts that come with the sliders because the slider sits against the exhaust pipe... and yes "rattles". So- I started looking for another solution... after many measurements I opted for the LOD sliders for less than 140 dollars for a pair shipped! They mount like the factory slider to the frame with a diagonal frame bracket in the existing factory holes. They have a metal plate near the back where the rear HD bumper comes around that you could drill and bolt together with a small spacer between the Rugged ridge bumper. They wrap up the side of the fender about 8 inches- compared to the Rubicon ones that are level with the bottom of fender panel. Very Heavy duty... Thicker than the bumper for sure! The color is a little off from the rugged ridge color...they are a glossy black, so I'm going to let it warm up before mounting them so I can paint them to match the bumper better. I really think this is a good and inexpensive option to have rear skids with this bumper! https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/rockers-sliders/jbs2061-lod-destroyer-bed-sliders-pair-black (I used a forum code to get the lower price.)
I'll post my own pics when I get them matched up and mounted.... (its -23 tonight... before wind chill...) I'm also going to mount some "rock lights" in them there is a nice protected slot for a small light.

Sunnysideup

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pastor
I have seen two reviews of the DV8 sliders that mention they don't clear the factory exhaust on the Drivers side... that you can't even install all of the bolts that come with the sliders because the slider sits against the exhaust pipe... and yes "rattles". So- I started looking for another solution... after many measurements I opted for the LOD sliders for less than 140 dollars for a pair shipped! They mount like the factory slider to the frame with a diagonal frame bracket in the existing factory holes. They have a metal plate near the back where the rear HD bumper comes around that you could drill and bolt together with a small spacer between the Rugged ridge bumper. They wrap up the side of the fender about 8 inches- compared to the Rubicon ones that are level with the bottom of fender panel. Very Heavy duty... Thicker than the bumper for sure! The color is a little off from the rugged ridge color...they are a glossy black, so I'm going to let it warm up before mounting them so I can paint them to match the bumper better. I really think this is a good and inexpensive option to have rear skids with this bumper! https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/rockers-sliders/jbs2061-lod-destroyer-bed-sliders-pair-black (I used a forum code to get the lower price.)
I'll post my own pics when I get them matched up and mounted.... (its -23 tonight... before wind chill...) I'm also going to mount some "rock lights" in them there is a nice protected slot for a small light.
Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge HD Rear Bumper - Sliders Don't Fit PXL_20210214_003300820
Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge HD Rear Bumper - Sliders Don't Fit PXL_20210214_003300820
Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge HD Rear Bumper - Sliders Don't Fit PXL_20210214_003240567

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
That RR HD is one darn well designed and I assume built bumper.

I may have missed it but what rear quarter sliders does the OP have that are not working?

I would think/hope Rugged Ridge will either make some corrections on future designs or release a compatible quarter slider. That RockHard4x4 looks strong too but a heack of a lot less detailed and much plainer then the RR.

Sponsored

TJRjeepn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2011 Buick Enclave, 2009 Chevy Malibu
Occupation
Account Manager
Vehicle Showcase
A few questions if you don’t mind. I do like these. I have a max tow all stock bumpers. Is this the LOD bed sliders with the factory Sport bumper? Any cutting required? Any issue with the exhaust? Also is that forum discount still available? Thanks

Sunnysideup

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pastor
These are super strong, and fit with stock bumpers...and after market bumpers that do not extend around the sides past the "divit" in the body panel. The are frame mounted. This is with the stock bumper in this pic. I got them at Northridge... there are several discount codes... and if you are lucky and the code is active... You will pay less than 140 for the set! (The podwercoated black set) Bare may even be cheaper. Northridge is where I found the best price on these and free shipping! No drilling or cutting involved. Fits perfect over stock eghaust... just like stock sliders- mount in the same location with the same style bracket!

TJRjeepn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2011 Buick Enclave, 2009 Chevy Malibu
Occupation
Account Manager
Vehicle Showcase
These are super strong, and fit with stock bumpers...and after market bumpers that do not extend around the sides past the "divit" in the body panel. The are frame mounted. This is with the stock bumper in this pic. I got them at Northridge... there are several discount codes... and if you are lucky and the code is active... You will pay less than 140 for the set! (The podwercoated black set) Bare may even be cheaper. Northridge is where I found the best price on these and free shipping! No drilling or cutting involved. Fits perfect over stock eghaust... just like stock sliders- mount in the same location with the same style bracket!
Thank you for the reply. I definitely did not want to have to cut the bumper or remove exhaust. I think I will be ordering these today if I can locate a discount but northridge has them listed for $152 now which is not a bad price but every bit of savings helps. Thanks again.

TJRjeepn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Account Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered the LODs. Thanks again.

dawghauler

First Name
pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt sport s max tow
Occupation
hvac
bodyguard and motobuilt are true wrap arounds. motobuilts side mount brackets cost extra. bodygaurds are included and it uses all your factory lights and sensors
Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge HD Rear Bumper - Sliders Don't Fit 20210227_111546
Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge HD Rear Bumper - Sliders Don't Fit 20210227_111537

Sponsored

Sunnysideup

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pastor
Here is a video of the Rugged Ridge HD install with the LOD sliders. My main reason for the Rugged ridge brand was because of price...black friday sale -plus 200 dollar rebate- meant that I got front and rear HD bumpers together for under 600 dollars. So the Rear with the LOD sliders added (for 136) was under 500 bucks. It is not as nice as some of the others... but it functional, strong mounts, and looks good. Anyway- here's the video that resolves if any sliders will work.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I am happy with the HD, and recommend it, fit & finish all good. Don’t know about Rubicon, on the Overland (with out bedside sliders!) it is great.
Do your backup sensors still work. I can't get mine to work yet with this bumper.