Holabird

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Realtor
Just picking up my new Gladiator today. What is the consensus for the best running boards to put on. Looking forward to putting some miles on my new machine.
Sponsored

Gene26

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepgladiatorforum.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Launch Edition 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 Ram Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
I put on the amp research power steps. A bit pricy but helps my wife get in and out.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Just picking up my new Gladiator today. What is the consensus for the best running boards to put on. Looking forward to putting some miles on my new machine.
The best running boards depends on your needs. I like the factory boards that came on my Overland, but others hate them and replace them with something else.

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
I Put AMP research XL power steps on my gladiator and they are great but I don’t think they are for off-roading

beefcake

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Nurse
Hi Dave,

Welcome! Are you looking just for a step or are you looking for something that will provide some protection off road as well?

Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Take a look at the Rock Hard sliders. They serve as steps, door protectors from mall crawling Neanderthals, rock protection, and even jacking points.

OP
OP

Holabird

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Realtor
Hi Dave,

Welcome! Are you looking just for a step or are you looking for something that will provide some protection off road as well?
Both but mostly for the step.

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Look at the rough country steps if you are just wanting a step I would have got those if I didn’t buy the AMP research power steps first

fuelcell1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Granite
Look at the rough country steps if you are just wanting a step I would have got those if I didn’t buy the AMP research power steps first

Rough Country are rusting after 7 months and we don't get much rust in Colorado :(

Jeep Gladiator Running boards IMG_2562

Sponsored

JMXring222

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Another for the NFab Podiums , they were one of the things that caught my eye driving by the dealer. They had installed the steps, a leveling kit, and 35's, and without the Podiums I am not sure it would have caught my eye so quickly.

4000 Miles later and a daily driver, the steps are fully functional, and seem to be weathering well so far.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Rough Country are rusting after 7 months and we don't get much rust in Colorado :(
i've got the RC contoured drop steps, are yours mounted with brackets too that bolted to both the step and truck? if so, shouldn't they be able to provide a powder coated replacement?

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If I was to buy a set it would be Rock Hard set, as posted you can use for a jack point. I did a swap out for a set of Overland's as door ding stopper's. I have lifted the whole side of my LJ off of Rock Hard rails is my reason for them. Solid built stuff you can tie off of too. I used them for that when I changed my clutch out too as a "safety" lowering the transmission and T-case. Using ratchet straps.
Sponsored