Sponsored

Rusty's 4": Do I need a spacer lift for aftermarket bumper and winch?

DatacomGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
Getting ready to install mine when I get my Jeep back. I plan on adding a Fab Four stubby and an Apex winch.

I dont want too much rake or "frontal sag". Should I plan on a small spacer for up front?
Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Getting ready to install mine when I get my Jeep back. I plan on adding a Fab Four stubby and an Apex winch.

I dont want too much rake or "frontal sag". Should I plan on a small spacer for up front?
id recommend trampolining on the stock bumper for a while before you install the stubby and winch then see what you think after a few weeks

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase

Deleted member 24880

I have a set of spacers in the marketplace for sale. Save yourself some money over new. Can use the 0.5”, 1” or both for 1.5” pucks.

foxman350

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
My bumper and 12k winch dropped the front end less than 1/4 inch on stock rubicon springs, would think any lift worth its salt would be able to handle without much sag

Sponsored

OP
OP
DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
id recommend trampolining on the stock bumper for a while before you install the stubby and winch then see what you think after a few weeks
Trampolining? Jumping up and down on it?

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Yes. 10-15 minutes should get you close to realizing the final height

TxSmitty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Have you had a chance to install the Rusty's 4" lift yet? There aren't many pictures online of a gladiator with a 4" rusty's that aren't the one on the rusty's website.

Please share pics and details when you get it on.

Scruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 TJ, 2017 Honda CRF250L
Occupation
Automotive Product Quality Engineer
I've got the Rusty's 2" lift on my Overland, which netted me 2.5" in the front and 1.5" in the rear, and left me with 1" of rake (exactly what I wanted since I occasionally tow a trailer). I recently installed a Rugged Ridge HD full width bumper and the Apex 12k winch. It seems like it dropped the front a little less than 1/2". I've toyed with the idea of adding a 1/2" spacer back in to pick up the front a bit.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I've got the Rusty's 2" lift on my Overland, which netted me 2.5" in the front and 1.5" in the rear, and left me with 1" of rake (exactly what I wanted since I occasionally tow a trailer). I recently installed a Rugged Ridge HD full width bumper and the Apex 12k winch. It seems like it dropped the front a little less than 1/2". I've toyed with the idea of adding a 1/2" spacer back in to pick up the front a bit.
nice. Thanks for posting this. Getting ready to install the 2" Advanced Kit on my Rubi. I'm running the Teraflex 1.5" puck up front - guess I'll plan to keep it and I'm planning to run a Daystar rear 3/4" puck. Hopefully all comes out in the wash.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
nice. Thanks for posting this. Getting ready to install the 2" Advanced Kit on my Rubi. I'm running the Teraflex 1.5" puck up front - guess I'll plan to keep it and I'm planning to run a Daystar rear 3/4" puck. Hopefully all comes out in the wash.
Ended up keeping the Teraflex spacers up front - worked out well.
Sponsored