First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
I was not particularly impressed with the looks. More Explorer ish looking than not. The dolled up JT Sports and stock JTR's and JTM's beat it on looks department. Granted I probably saw a base model, nothing fancy. It wasn't ugly, just seemed same ole.
Sponsored

MojaveBart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, Ducati Panigale 1199s, Harley-Davidson 114 Fatboy, Harley-Davidson FLSS, Aprilia Tuono Factory, Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports
I saw my first one today too! I had a different reaction. I was surprised at the smaller size. It actually looks liked like a Land Rover to me. I liked the look. Keeping my JT but going down to the dealer and look at them in person. Might trade in my other vehicle. Agreed what I saw was more street-oriented than offroad

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
Yep,same. I kept seeing a Bronco Sport in town and thought someone took an Escape and put "BRONCO" letters across the front grill.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Saw the real broncos at KOH. My biggest takeaway was the broad, plain sheetmetal on the doors. But make no mistake, these will sell like hotcakes. Jeep better not sit back, Ford is doing a good job marketing the plus of the IFS. I won't buy one, but the marketing team is in high gear.

Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
The Sport is a totally different car.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
1.6 liter I3, Turbo? Base engine?

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
Yep,same. I kept seeing a Bronco Sport in town and thought someone took an Escape and put "BRONCO" letters across the front grill.
they did

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
The Bronco has a chance to be good. Sure it will be be wildly popular. I was in that camp of getting in line for one.

The more I saw the Gladiator the quicker I came to my current situation with a ‘21. I think the gladiator is just a cooler looking vehicle. This and the fact I wasn’t willing to wait until possibly 2022 to get out and about.

And yes, I chased these cats all over Phoenix waiting for them to land so I could get an up and close look.

B15A0641-E2AD-406E-8687-454E43288DD8.jpeg

206B9B62-F362-4C6B-8FFF-CF71C7CA584D.jpeg

173D1634-2037-4068-AADB-F8662070F814.jpeg

E3FAB5B1-0A58-496D-B4E2-B7FB1C8F17C4.jpeg

Sponsored

2010JK

First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Sport
I guess "cool" is is all subjective, but in my opinion there isn't a single thing the new Bronco does better than a Wrangler.

And if they come out with a Bronco truck, which would be a pickup truck based on an suv based on a pickup truck, Im sure it wouldn't touch Gladiator in capability OR cool factor

Wicknalter

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Probably saw the "Bronco Sport" as the actual Bronco that most are anticipating hasn't gone into production yet. Probably late March or early April. And yes, the Bronco Sport is uninspiring especially to serious off road people. 👍
I’ve seen two actual Bronco test mules. One near Ashland Kentucky and one slightly north of Columbus Ohio. I’m not going to lie they look pretty slick. But looks and performance are two separate things.

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I was not particularly impressed with the looks. More Explorer ish looking than not. The dolled up JT Sports and stock JTR's and JTM's beat it on looks department. Granted I probably saw a base model, nothing fancy. It wasn't ugly, just seemed same ole.
Soccer mom car. Ford screwed the pooch on this one.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I saw one recently on the interstate as it passed me and I was not impressed with the looks. That said, I didn't think the sports looked all that good even in the Ford promotional media.

I've got a feeling that the real Broncos will have a better presence. I have no interest in giving up my Jeep for it any more than I did back in the 80's when Broncos were around.

I think there will be some healthy competition from it though. Mark my words, Jeep will be coming out with some cool stuff as a result, if anybody can afford it.
Sponsored