Sponsored

Seat belt alarm

o2bnkc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2002 Corvette convertible, 2008 Peterbilt 388, 2008 HD Heritage
Occupation
owner/operator/guitar picker
Any way to turn the seat belt alarm off? On my Ram there was a procedure to turn it off. Please don't rag on me about wearing a seat belt. Just let me know if there is a way to disarm it. Thanks.
Sponsored

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
JScan can turn it off. If you got a JT you might as well invest $90 in one, it's worth every penny
I’ve was just looking at that Jscan product since you mentioned it in the gas mpg thread. It looks like I would also need to buy a separate cable to be able to WRITE or makes changes to the programming. Am I understanding that right? If I am, I should be able to change the tire size in the programming, then the AT would change the shift points? I know nothing about reprogramming or the products on the market. Is that what the tazor mini does also? Thanks.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve was just looking at that Jscan product since you mentioned it in the gas mpg thread. It looks like I would also need to buy a separate cable to be able to WRITE or makes changes to the programming. Am I understanding that right? If I am, I should be able to change the tire size in the programming, then the AT would change the shift points? I know nothing about reprogramming or the products on the market. Is that what the tazor mini does also? Thanks.
JScan does everything the Tazer mini does pretty much but is only $90 compared to $300. The bypass cables are around $60 on amazon and the license fee on the JScan App is $24.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGB4873/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_L.G7EbKH75DZQ

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S91VZXT/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_KaH7Eb1RKY5AM

That's the 2 cables you need then download the JScan app And your good to go once you purchase the license fee for $24.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Any way to turn the seat belt alarm off? On my Ram there was a procedure to turn it off. Please don't rag on me about wearing a seat belt. Just let me know if there is a way to disarm it. Thanks.
Yes, buy a Tazer JL Mini. It won't stop the alert from popping up on the dash, but it will turn the alarm dinger off.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
YouTube has videos on how to turn it off. I watch one and no more bell. Something like turn on ignition but don't start. Plug in and unplug seat belt 4 times. Start engine.
Worked on my Gladiator and my 05 Dodge Ram.

No more damn bell with seat belt off. Love it for the hope out and grab mail and no seat belt from mail box and home.

Old Tex

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Howdy,
I fixed the problem on my Jeep by going on EBay and buying a chime eliminator. It goes in the seat belt socket and has one on top of it that allows me to use my belt when I want to. Cheap and easy.

OP
OP
o2bnkc

o2bnkc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2002 Corvette convertible, 2008 Peterbilt 388, 2008 HD Heritage
Occupation
owner/operator/guitar picker
Thanks for all the responses everybody. I did the remove the belt four times and hit the start without your foot on the brake pedal method and it chimes no more!!

Last edited:

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the responses everybody. I did the remove the belt four times and hit the start without your foot on the brake pedal method and it chimes no more!!
Sweet! And didn't cost you a penny.
Sponsored