First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Well we loaded up the Sting Grey sled and went over the hills and through the woods to our sons house about 3 hours away. This was the first time we took the Glad on a longer trip and I must say that the road manners of the truck with over 500 pounds of gear in it was very good at highway speeds of 70-75 mph.

However, I was not impressed with the seats which I thought were only OK. My wife, OTOH was miserable at the end of the trip and said she would not be able to go on any long trips like this which is the main reason we bought the Glad. There is not enough lumbar support to suit her. She has a GC and loves the seats in it and she is very comfortable on long trips in my F-350 as well.

So I’m wondering if anyone else has had the same issues and found a solution.
Sponsored

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
I’ve had a late model 2017 overland GC ( least comfortable seat imho)and recently a 5th gen Ram Rebel, I also own a 2018 JLUR, I find the leather seats in my 2021 JTR to be the most comfortable of the bunch for me, we do a ton of long trips and I’ve never had a complaint from anyone...that said, seat comfort is individual and varies with peoples body types etc...one persons comfort could be another’s misery....I will say, I find the leather seats outshine the cloth in comfort and support, it’s not close to me and I own both (JL cloth, JT leather) I test drove cloth and leather both for a weekend and that was when I realized the stark difference this time and the reason I ordered the JT that way... just my experience. YMMV.

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
I have the leather seats in my JT and I find them extremely comfortable. The support is the best I have had in any prior vehicle and my wife says the seats are more comfortable than the leather seats in her 2018 Nissan Murano Midnite Edition.

Sponsored

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
My lower back and legs become very painful on long drives in the JT. I have leather with heat. I spent 7 hours in it a couple weeks ago, using the seat heat on high or medium definitely helped. I find that the JK seats are more comfortable for me.

OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I’ve had a late model 2017 overland GC ( least comfortable seat imho)and recently a 5th gen Ram Rebel, I also own a 2018 JLUR, I find the leather seats in my 2021 JTR to be the most comfortable of the bunch for me, we do a ton of long trips and I’ve never had a complaint from anyone...that said, seat comfort is individual and varies with peoples body types etc...one persons comfort could be another’s misery....I will say, I find the leather seats outshine the cloth in comfort and support, it’s not close to me and I own both (JL cloth, JT leather) I test drove cloth and leather both for a weekend and that was when I realized the stark difference this time and the reason I ordered the JT that way... just my experience. YMMV.
I agree it is a very personal thing. We have leather in both our Jeep’s.
‘It’s not necessarily the thickness of the padding but the way it is formed and the level of adjustability which the Gladiator has none except the seat back angle.
The carbon fiber seats in my GT3 are very thin but I can drive that car all day long without any issues.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I've taken mine on so far 8 hours straight and didn't have to much issue. I do wish the seat bottoms where a bit better but perhaps that is just me (I'm 260) but my wife seems to think the same that it is maybe lacking some padding or could have been designed a bit better. Course we are used to the seats in the Ram 1500. But all in all I haven't had to much issue on longer trips. I kind of think I might like something like a thin seat like you say in the GT3

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

run2recovery

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Overland
Well we loaded up the Sting Grey sled and went over the hills and through the woods to our sons house about 3 hours away. This was the first time we took the Glad on a longer trip and I must say that the road manners of the truck with over 500 pounds of gear in it was very good at highway speeds of 70-75 mph.

However, I was not impressed with the seats which I thought were only OK. My wife, OTOH was miserable at the end of the trip and said she would not be able to go on any long trips like this which is the main reason we bought the Glad. There is not enough lumbar support to suit her. She has a GC and loves the seats in it and she is very comfortable on long trips in my F-350 as well.

So I’m wondering if anyone else has had the same issues and found a solution.
My wife has the same issue with the seats in JT. She has back issues and the lack of a lumbar support on the passenger seat is what really chaps her hide. It is ridiculous that there isn't a lumbar support on both sides.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I see a visit to a quality upholstery shop in your future - just consider it some additional customization for your rig. Perhaps also add vented seats? That’s the Only thing I miss about our GC.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Would be interested to see how things turn out after you have tried them. They look interesting
If it keeps my wife happy it will be worth it!
Sponsored