seat is uncomfortable

KennyKustom

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Coming from the JKU.. I find the seats to be " shorter" in length. I feel im missing some support under my legs.
Sponsored

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Thanks for all of the responses. I see I am in the minority and am surprised at that. My biggest issue is the headrest. I can't nod my head back at all. I feel like it is pushing my head toward.
Anyway, thanks again!
Try rotating the headrests. When I first got my 2019 JLUR, I was having neck pain because of this. I rotated my headrest and it honestly looked like it could have come from the factory that way. After my neck pain was gone after about a week, I rotated them back and hasn't been a problem since. In fact, I'm having less back/neck pain overall since I got the Jeep.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
so after I tried the JLU leather seats and the non-leather seats, the NON-Leather won the comfort test, by a long shot. I flipped my head rest around, and that should resolve your issue too

OP
OP
361Sean

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
First off I have the non leather seats. my conclusion is that my problem is the headrests. They are so far forward! I rotated it and then I felt it was too far back. I know I am being a baby but I just want to be comfortable. I have since turned the headrest back to stock

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
First off I have the non leather seats. my conclusion is that my problem is the headrests. They are so far forward! I rotated it and then I felt it was too far back. I know I am being a baby but I just want to be comfortable. I have since turned the headrest back to stock
You aren't the first or only to feel the headrests are a bit far forward. I've felt that way about other vehicles. I have to admit in the lowest position they are pushing it.

Sponsored

REDBEAST

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2017 Jaguar F-Type SVR
Occupation
Retired
You aren't the first or only to feel the headrests are a bit far forward. I've felt that way about other vehicles. I have to admit in the lowest position they are pushing it.
I was having the same problem until I got these. They're on eBay and reasonably priced. Have zipper on back so you can adjust fullness. They're in a perfect spot for me at 5' 11" and offer support for neck and shoulders even in the reclined position.

DSC01211.JPG

madduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator JT, '77 SJ: Cherokee Chief, '06 LJ
Occupation
High Speed Al tubing manager
Coming from the JKU.. I find the seats to be " shorter" in length. I feel im missing some support under my legs.
this.
just drove mine home, when i got here i was looking for a tilt control. i need more support under my legs at the front of the seat.

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I just wish the front could pivot down instead of just the back.

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
I am 6’3 and 265 pounds with arthritis in my hips and the seats fell fine. What are y’all looking for a recliner and how do you drive with your head against the headrest I never even notice they are there but the picture of the headrest pillow somebody just posted would be nice if you’re sleeping in your gladiator

madduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
i couldn't do the neck pillow thing, i'd fall asleep. i can sleep anywhere at any time. you want something that'll keep ya up, my cj5 and 7. even i couldn't sleep in those things, when they were moving that is. i slept in the 7 many times on road trips.

sorry, i've digressed.

Sponsored

REDBEAST

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
i couldn't do the neck pillow thing, i'd fall asleep. i can sleep anywhere at any time. you want something that'll keep ya up, my cj5 and 7. even i couldn't sleep in those things, when they were moving that is. i slept in the 7 many times on road trips.

sorry, i've digressed.
I posted the " pillow thing " and at the age of 73 I really appreciate a little neck and shoulder support while driving any distance and I find it very comfortable on trips at rest stops with the seat reclined.

madduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
oh, i think it's fine idea. never thought about it's application catching a few Z's at a rest stop, but i like it. a 15-20 min commando nap when you're fading can do wonders.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
What I hate is the arm on the side that sits up so high, it gets hit every time I get in. I like the seat up, so I'm always cranking it up. I may just take the arm off or get spacers

REDBEAST

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
What I hate is the arm on the side that sits up so high, it gets hit every time I get in. I like the seat up, so I'm always cranking it up. I may just take the arm off or get spacers
I'm seeing a lot of feature complaints about the Gladiator and don't understand why if the buyer has had ample opportunity to look things over and at least gone for a test drive prior to purchase these things should have been apparent and found to be acceptable If they are not acceptable then don't buy it. Pretty simple to most. I'll probably get a lot of flak on this one but I believe I'm right. I found some things on mine that were less than desirable but after I took it home I just dealt with them. No point in complaining.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I'm seeing a lot of feature complaints about the Gladiator and don't understand why if the buyer has had ample opportunity to look things over and at least gone for a test drive prior to purchase these things should have been apparent and found to be acceptable If they are not acceptable then don't buy it. Pretty simple to most. I'll probably get a lot of flak on this one but I believe I'm right. I found some things on mine that were less than desirable but after I took it home I just dealt with them. No point in complaining.
Well, the seat thing is not noticed until many times getting in and out (not done on a test drive) I didn't know the radio would default to FM most of the time when I start it up (I only started it one time, to test drive) You are correct, there is no point complaining. It was more of a statement and what I am thinking on how to remedy. It is my understanding that it is the very point of a forum.
Sponsored