First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP GLADIATOR SPORT
Occupation
Health care worker
I have had my Gladiator about one year and have noticed some issues with the drivers seating position. Is anyone having issues with your right foot becoming sore or numb while on drives over 30 minutes. I also am having right hip pain while driving more then 30 minutes. I am average height 6 ' 200 lbs.
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The seats themselves are hard and flat. But overall I'm more comfortable in the Gladiator than a lot of other trucks. I'm 6'3" 215.

I did stack washers to recline my front seat 1/2 inch. And I've got a dead pedal.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
There are seat lifts/risers that change the angle of the butt. Or you can try ordering a foam cushion off AMZN. My wife doesn't find the seats comfortable, but a cushion helped tremendously.

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
Average height in the USA is 5'9. You too big

Sponsored

gpwrang33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ 2021 Hydro Blue JTSS MAX TOW

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
A shade over 6 foot and a shade (or two) over 200 pounds here also. It’s such a different driving angle than my last truck and I question if it needs improved upon; but the seats themselves are comfortable. My only long drive gripe was cured with a dead pedal. Things the bug me driving are more that I can’t see over my right when taking a sharp left. There’s such a limited field of view. And forget seeing a traffic light without leaning if on an incline and first in line, but that’s a Jeep thing. Both come up in my daily drive to and from work and I work around them. No mod for those but they’re minor trade offs in the scheme of things.

OP
OP
Mr Weekend

Mr Weekend

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP GLADIATOR SPORT
Occupation
Health care worker
The seats themselves are hard and flat. But overall I'm more comfortable in the Gladiator than a lot of other trucks. I'm 6'3" 215.

I did stack washers to recline my front seat 1/2 inch. And I've got a dead pedal.
raising the front of the seat just might work , thanks for the idea

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I am sometimes amazed by the amount of stuff people come up with to complain about.

Just like how some complain that the rear reverse lights shine into the back up camera too bright. When it clearly doesn't at least not enough to hender anyone.

Sponsored

JetSkiJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2011 Ford Crown Vic (work car), 2020 Mojave Gladiator as of 10-24-20.
Occupation
Retired LE
I have a Mojave .. and my seats are very comfortable to me .. I have no issues personally.

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
When I first sat in mine, my first thought was "Wow...this fits me like a glove!"
I've never even adjusted it from the factory position.
So the engineer must have been a 5'8" chunky Italian guy.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
Get an Inversion Table and use it regularly. Gravity over time will affect back pain. I have had two sciatic nerve lockups on the left side and if you have not experienced the event, pray you never do.

AmosMoses01

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Technology
I haven't had a long enough drive in my Gladiator to truly gauge how well the seats will work for me, but have gone through this dance in almost all of the vehicles I've owned. Seating comfort is very, very personal - what one person finds good another will find terrible. Raising the front of the seat via the bushing/washer/bracket method has worked for me in other vehicles - but those I could tell didn't work for me quickly. Angle of seat back and how far the steering wheel is has made a difference for me as well.

Hip pain can be induced by the above, or as someone else noted, having too thick of a wallet. I've had one hip replaced, and can attest that removing everything from back pocket while driving helps with the hip pain. If you're twisting in any fashion, due to no dead pedal, or leaning forward ever so slightly to have a better one arm hold on the steering wheel can induce hip pain, or lower back pain, or even developing knots in upper back muscles.

Good luck, I hope you find a solution that works for you!

foo.c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Corvette
What gets to me after a while is the seat bottoms are too short and the edge of the seat starts digging into my hammies. I have seat jackers that I haven't installed yet, hope they help.
Sponsored