seat is uncomfortable

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Mine is comfortable, and it's not just me. My wife had major back surgery a couple of years ago, and while the Renegade seats bothered her after an hour or two, she continues to rave about how comfortable the Gladiator seats are. She's not shy about telling me about things like that.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Riding in a 21 Freedom edition (Oscar Mike!) with leather seats, I notice that the rear of the leather drivers seat doesn't drop down as far or with as much thigh support as I do on my 20 sport with cloth.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Agreed headrests are horrible steal the ones they put in ram and you're golden back support is bad for me not the worst my problem is the bottom pad just isn't comfortable I am 6'3 and 302lbs I have little over 5000 mostly highway miles on my Mojave ride comfort is great seat comfort for me not so much
Wait, will the headrests from a dodge ram fit?

TxSmitty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I guess it depends on what you are comparing it to.
I have always thought jeep seats were comfortable. I used to have 2+ hours of commuting each day. I've had over 40 vehicles and sitting for long periods in jeep seats always seemed more supportive and comfortable.

Fastwake

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
it’s you not the seat.

Sponsored

Dennis K

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fineartamerica.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Gecko Sport S with Mack's Toe
Occupation
Ret
I think the full brim hats look cool. Maybe it's because of the memories of my mother's father - we were buds when I was a kid and he usually had a hat on. You don't see that much any more - baseball type caps, often backwards, is the thing. A few years ago a friend from the NY area would attend our car shows/swap meets/races and wear a full straw hat with a wide brim. Kept the sun off his neck and thinning hair. He was the only one. I thought hey, great idea! My hair is like a crop on a sandy hill in a drought year - and these days I don't take the sun like I used to, so the next year, I went to the shows and swap meets with a straw hat and wide brim. Fast forward 3 or 4 years - tell folks "I'm the guy with the straw hat" and you get "that describes half the guys out there.
I wear a full brim hat a lot too. Leather and ventilated... The headrest on my Forester are adjustable front to back and gives me plenty of room when I turn my head.
I think I'll measure the posts and swipe them on trade in if they fit the Gladiator on order...

Dennis K

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fineartamerica.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ret
Or something like this might be more comfy...
Jeep Gladiator seat is uncomfortable 1631203205271

Dennis K

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fineartamerica.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ret
I was having the same problem until I got these. They're on eBay and reasonably priced. Have zipper on back so you can adjust fullness. They're in a perfect spot for me at 5' 11" and offer support for neck and shoulders even in the reclined position.

Look nice. Link for these? I don't find them in MoPar...

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
I wish they did I'm saying those are amazing although I've never tried maybe I will this weekend
Anyone manage to find these on eBay?
I was having the same problem until I got these. They're on eBay and reasonably priced. Have zipper on back so you can adjust fullness. They're in a perfect spot for me at 5' 11" and offer support for neck and shoulders even in the reclined position.

Anyone have the link to these? Not seeing them on eBay any more.

Sponsored

Mojave_Chic

First Name
April
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator - Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
A woman’s perspective here and one with back issues - I do that’s issues as long as I am not in a ponytail. Then it’s game off.​
With the top off, I need to tie my hair back or I can’t see. The anti-whiplash angle of the headrest makes it impossibly uncomfortable.​
A hat is a better option for sure but is still mildly uncomfortable. If I could adjust it back I’d have no complaints

good luck finding a comfy fit!
So I've had the jt for about a month and put on almost 3,000 miles and I have to say I think this is one of the most uncomfortable seats I have sat in.

First off, the headrest is so forward that it bothers my upper back/neck. I realise is an anti whiplash thing but really.....also, try to recline and lay there. Your chin will be in your chest.

Second, talk about lack of lumbar support. I feel like the middle of the seat back is carved out. No lumbar whatsoever. That combined with the headrest really makes it not comfy.

And third, the seat seams narrow. I know I could lose a few LBs but it feels a little tight. That one's on me.

All said I think an airplane seat would be more comfortable. My Ram and Liberty are so much better. I'm thinking about looking for an aftermarket seat.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The anti-whiplash angle of the headrest makes it impossibly uncomfortable.​
A hat is a better option for sure but is still mildly uncomfortable. If I could adjust it back I’d have no complaints​
good luck finding a comfy fit!​
One of my thoughts on that was WTF that's uncomfortable, it still bothers the F### out of me especially after I drive my LJ for few days or not driving anywhere then hop in to go somewhere. Probably due to years of standing or setting upright and trying to keep good posture.

Now the hair part I've got nothing really.... especially after having a high and tight or like haircut for last 35 years. ;) I did sport a Mohawk a few times and "the Beaker" of the Muppets after no place for haircut for over 3 months.... so shaved around sides. :LOL:

VZM.IMG_20160322_195142-1.jpg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
One of my thoughts on that was WTF that's uncomfortable, it still bothers the F### out of me especially after I drive my LJ for few days or not driving anywhere then hop in to go somewhere. Probably due to years of standing or setting upright and trying to keep good posture.

Now the hair part I've got nothing really.... especially after having a high and tight or like haircut for last 35 years. ;) I did sport a Mohawk a few times and "the Beaker" of the Muppets after no place for haircut for over 3 months.... so shaved around sides. :LOL:

Jeep Gladiator seat is uncomfortable VZM.IMG_20160322_195142-1
After over 2.5 years, mine are still as fine as ever. Better than most.
Hair is something no vehicle maker can be expected to deal with - it's a very subjective and personal thing.
If I was still 18, I might be bothered but there are solutions. Today, there's very little to blow in the wind or get caught (years ago my biggest issue was hair getting caught in creep wheels)

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
After over 2.5 years, mine are still as fine as ever. Better than most.
Hair is something no vehicle maker can be expected to deal with - it's a very subjective and personal thing.
If I was still 18, I might be bothered but there are solutions. Today, there's very little to blow in the wind or get caught (years ago my biggest issue was hair getting caught in creep wheels)
Hairs not a problem for me either. ;) :like:
It's there or not, I just don't like having to have bent neck when driving, I don't drive or set slumped over or seat layed back like a bed. That might be from performance based driving, the most controllable position of vehicle is anchored in seat with seat belt adjusted snugly and upright (in my experience) over 3 years of Personal Security and driving as P.S.D. last thing you want is to not be secured in seat if you need to ram though road blocks or react to something ect ect. Some of that stays in your mind after doing that for that long.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Lack of lumbar support? Is that not adjustable on the base model seats?

how does reclining the seat make your chin in your chest?

FTR, mine are also super comfortable. They’re great on long road trips.
Sponsored