Sponsored

seat is uncomfortable

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
So I've had the jt for about a month and put on almost 3,000 miles and I have to say I think this is one of the most uncomfortable seats I have sat in.

First off, the headrest is so forward that it bothers my upper back/neck. I realise is an anti whiplash thing but really.....also, try to recline and lay there. Your chin will be in your chest.

Second, talk about lack of lumbar support. I feel like the middle of the seat back is carved out. No lumbar whatsoever. That combined with the headrest really makes it not comfy.

And third, the seat seams narrow. I know I could lose a few LBs but it feels a little tight. That one's on me.

All said I think an airplane seat would be more comfortable. My Ram and Liberty are so much better. I'm thinking about looking for an aftermarket seat.
Sponsored

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Mine feels great also, no issues here. The lumbar support is adjustable up and down. A four way power seat it is not, but is works great for me.
Cheers

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
A good automotive upholstery shop should be able to builder you what ever seat you want on the existing frame.

I was pleasantly suprised as to the comfort of the JTR seat vs the JKU cloth seat.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I put on my FCA survey that I thought the seats were among the best I'd ever had! I have several back problems from decades of lifting and carrying - mechanic, etc. leaning over and installing heads, heavy cast intakes and more.
I have regular treatments for back troubles, constant pain. Most seats I can't sit in for long without a lot of squirming or discomfort. Even my wife's GC isn't the most comfortable. My silverado after an hour I had to get out and walk around as my butt and back hurt bad.
These JT seats cradle me fine, my back feels good in them. The headrest maybe could be back a TAD, but aren't bad.
I can sit in my JT for an hour and not want to get out of it.
The only seats that rival it are the Compass seats and a Ford my wife's cousin had that I drove for a couple of miles to go get pizza a few months ago because she parked in the way of my WJ.

Like ZTMAN said - you could have the padding changed, altered, etc.
It's like chairs - no one chair will fit all body sizes, shapes and types.
In my case I'm very thankful for seats that don't hurt my back, especially since once in a while I am in it for a few hours at a time.

Sponsored

Daveark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JKR, 2016 JKUHR, 1956 F250, 2016 Miata MX-5, 2017 F450, 2011 Ram 3500, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I really really like the leather seats in the Gladiator, but that doesn’t invalidate your dissatisfaction. I don’t love the “500-way” adjustable power seats in my wife’s SUV, but she thinks they are the best ever created. We also disagree on mattresses.

Long term confort can depend on the individual and body type and test drives are too short to really tell what the long term impression will be regardless of a given make, model, trim level. Hopefully you can get a good upholstery shop to help sort it for your needs. Reshaping the underlying contours would surely be a lot cheaper than an aftermarket seat.

Side item: I read a recent article suggesting Ford Bronco engineers were struggling with protecting powered seat mechanisms in a vehicle that could get wet inside on occasion. Makes me feel better about Gladiator manual controls.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
I find it the exact opposite too. I got out of a 2013 F150 Ext Cab 4x4, 5.0 4 Years, could never get it right. Damn seat was made for a teen girl. 3 split bench.

This JT fits perfect for 6 foot. Left arm has two places to rest, right arm had the console and the seat is fine. Tilt and Extended steering. Seat height riser adjustment. I love the fit of this JT. Still have 1 or 2 clicks befor the seat is as far back on the floor as it can go. I don't care much for hte strap to adjust the upright portion but set and forget.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I find it the exact opposite too. I got out of a 2013 F150 Ext Cab 4x4, 5.0 4 Years, could never get it right. Damn seat was made for a teen girl. 3 split bench.

This JT fits perfect for 6 foot. Left arm has two places to rest, right arm had the console and the seat is fine. Tilt and Extended steering. Seat height riser adjustment. I love the fit of this JT. Still have 1 or 2 clicks befor the seat is as far back on the floor as it can go. I don't care much for hte strap to adjust the upright portion but set and forget.
This thread is interesting and if nothing else, proves that they can get it close to being good for all, but can never get one seat perfect for all people. We are individuals in so many ways......... even the same body size and shape and type that person may not be comfortable.

My wife loves the strap to adjust the seat back inclination. In fact first time in it she asked how to adjust the seat back because she wants it VERY upright while I like it leaned back just a bit. She was in the passenger seat, I told her it's the strap to her right, she pulled, adjusted the back and said "I love this strap idea!". She's handicapped so she can't reach down to the right side of the seat bottom like my Silverado seat switches were. She can get to the strap and pull, though.
Just shows that while that strap is great for a person without normal use of normal arms loves it, others may not.
I think the seats in her GC are hard as rock, she likes them.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I actually find it pretty comfortable for what it is, but I do prefer a bit of a sporty seat. That said, I’ve also got some back issues with some plates and screws from a couple broken vertebrae, so I feel that I’m pretty picky.

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
After about an hour and a half the seat comfort fades. Love my G though.

Sponsored

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2009 Ram 3500 CTD, 2001 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
SVP/CISO
Concur. Seats in my RAM3500 are so much better than the JT!

dirtlimo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi
Another vote for love them. This was the primary reason I left the 3rd gen Tacoma, along with that dam auto tranny...

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Try adjusting your headrest to the proper height. I have always kept them pushed all the way down because I like the way it looks and never really had any issues. My current car has the same problem you describe where it's just not comfortable if you sit back. It pushes your head forward/down and will give you neck issues. Per the manual I adjusted it so that my ears are at the middle of the headrest and it's much better.

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I have never been able to get comfortable in an F150. Seems like the pedals are out of place or something

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
It was mentioned, but I feel like we should be certain here... Have you adjusted the lumbar support? its the wheel by your left knee.

Lumbar.PNG
Sponsored