WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
I thought someone had started a tread regarding this, but can’t find it now. Curious if it’s possible to retrofit the Selec-Trac transfer case into a ‘20 JT. Besides the T-case and CV axles, is there anything else? Would it need flashing or is the full-time feature all handled by the T-case? Thanks.
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I am curious also, but not lots if info. Was hoping someone with a 4 auto transfer case would post pictures.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I think there's going to be some serious re-flashing required but with how CAN works it's in theory do-able. I would probably guess you'd be better off trading in by the time you got it all done assuming you can even find a dealership to reflash all the modules - especially going from a non-Rubicon.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont believe there is any reflashing. I have done my own tune, and I have looked into ot and I believe it just looks at the transfercase lever position and selects awd mode. I think the conversion is very cost effective as the transfer case is listed for 1400 and change on the Mopar parts site. Thus the reason I would like pictures of an install. If all I have to do is swap transfer cases and no drive shafts, then I will probably pull the trigger.

OP
OP
WK2JT

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
I dont believe there is any reflashing. I have done my own tune, and I have looked into ot and I believe it just looks at the transfercase lever position and selects awd mode. I think the conversion is very cost effective as the transfer case is listed for 1400 and change on the Mopar parts site. Thus the reason I would like pictures of an install. If all I have to do is swap transfer cases and no drive shafts, then I will probably pull the trigger.
It looks like the $1,400 includes a core fee too. Probably get more selling it out right, but that assumes you can find someone that needs that particular t-case. Typically all the magic happens in the t-case, but I haven’t done a swap with this newer all computer controlled vehicles.

I can’t recall if the mode indicator light on the dash is analog or digital. I’m back in GA for the holidays, but if I recall it’s analog. Not sure how one with the full-time case indicates 4H Auto. Not that it is a deal breaker.
The Mopar CV shafts are terrible either. Looks like about $600-700 for both sides.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I am wondering if this just bolts in
Jeep Gladiator Selec-Trac Retrofit Screenshot_20210123-015052

OP
OP
WK2JT

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
So I am wondering if this just bolts in
Jeep Gladiator Selec-Trac Retrofit Screenshot_20210123-015052
I read some marketing material that said selec trac takes input from wheel speed sensors. I can’t find it now, but that’s the only thing that gave me pause. If that were the case, it would seem that the vehicle would need to be flashed for the different TC. Wish someone knew for sure.
Sponsored