Sponsored

SEMA 2019

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
What I imagine we will actually see is lots of 3.5-4.5" lifts on 40's that will look real cool at the show, and take longer to be actually delivered than my Gator.

You're right. The flow of new products will increase after SEMA but we can be sure that there will be lots of "Unobtainium" shown there. And Murphy's Law will haunt each of us once more as "the one product" we want - the one that's "coming" will be the one that will take the longest to actually start shipping.

Like being a kid waiting for Christmas/Chanukah, the waiting is the hardest part. This will help :LOL:

Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I would really like to see an alternative 2 - 2.5" lift with coils and quality shocks to compete with the Mopar. And don't say "Evo"... someone else posted that their 2.5" EVO coils gave 3.5" of added height up front. Just enough to make 35's start to look silly.

What I imagine we will actually see is lots of 3.5-4.5" lifts on 40's that will look real cool at the show, and take longer to be actually delivered than my Gator.
Gladiators were the most popular truck at the Off Road Expo a few weeks ago and most were on 40`s.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I'll look at everything - every product and accessory shown at SEMA 2019 and I'll be waiting to see when they and others are shipping (available for purchase). Hopefully we can buy/get our Gladiators presents for the holidays and won't have to wait too long for them.

My SEMA wishlist right now:

* Suspension lift
- Likely going with Rock Krawler's ProX suspension lift but I'm open to others. Metalcloak could be a consideration but I don't see myself waiting that long.

* Rock/Step Sliders - they need to be frame only mounted and be capable of supporting the weight of the Gladiator while sticking out enough to be used as a step. I know I like LOD Offroad's Signature step sliders but the wait could be sometime in 2020.

* Rear bumper with swing-away spare
- The urgency for this will be driven by the ability to fit a 37" tire in the current spare tire opening underneath. Ultimately I'd like to get it out from under there and on a new back bumper but a really good design/product that also protects the under-sides of the bed (replacing the factory underbars) will be expen$ive.

There's more but this is a good start.

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I want to see a full height bed rack or some type of rack that still allows for use of the tonneau cover, and large enough for a roof top tent

Sponsored

Chazsquatch

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT
My wish list
Plug & play stereo system upgrades
Soft top that lowers to behind the passenger head rest or bed rail.
Better doorless mirror options.
Rock sliders to include the rear section of the bed
Full skid plate systems
Affordable half doors

giskard

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW i3s

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
So just so you guys aren't too excited about SEMA. Rugged Ridge showed their JL snorkel last year. It's not due on the market till late December this year. So like someone above mentioned don't get too excited about what you see on SEMA builds.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I'll look at everything - every product and accessory shown at SEMA 2019 and I'll be waiting to see when they and others are shipping (available for purchase). Hopefully we can buy/get our Gladiators presents for the holidays and won't have to wait too long for them.

My SEMA wishlist right now:

* Rear bumper with swing-away spare - The urgency for this will be driven by the ability to fit a 37" tire in the current spare tire opening underneath. Ultimately I'd like to get it out from under there and on a new back bumper but a really good design/product that also protects the under-sides of the bed (replacing the factory underbars) will be expen$ive.

There's more but this is a good start.
Please keep us updated on any bumpers like this that you find.

I was talking with Long Range America yesterday about adding an additional fuel tank and they are trying to see if the JL tank they currently have could fit where the spare tire is. That means that the spare would have to be relocated so I’m interested in seeing what’s available.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
More toppers.
This. I really would like to see AIRE/SNUGTOP/ETC ... you know the normal bed cover companies come out with their version of the GoFast Camper top. I really like GFC but one its a 2 year wait (no thanks) and two I hate how the shape is generic and doesn't meet up with the cab. To me from a visual standpoint it looks like a box on top of the bed.

Sponsored

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
I am waiting to see a company make a bed cover/cap that looks like the factory hardtop!

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not sure I understood what you were saying....maybe it has something to do with your Avatar...very distracting..;-)

Here's my new avatar. Someone apparently didn't approve of my previous avatar (the one you're referring to). I read the rules here and didn't see anything about avatars and pics of women with 4-point harnesses on. I did see rules about profanity but I see that on here so who knows...

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly what I was going to post. Why is this so hard lol
Good products take time to develop. I admit to being surprised at how slow many companies have been to bring out products for the Gladiator. I understand their focus is on the JL's (and the B-pillar forward) so we just have to wait...

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
My wish list
Plug & play stereo system upgrades
Soft top that lowers to behind the passenger head rest or bed rail.
Better doorless mirror options.
Rock sliders to include the rear section of the bed
Full skid plate systems
Affordable half doors
That's a big one for me. I dislike the look of the current factory soft top when it's open. Plus it wouldn't fit in my garage like that so I'd have to close the top every time.
Sponsored