Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
So as soon as Congress passes the Skid Plate Bill (stimulus) I plan on ordering some skid plates. I am thinking about the Motobilt Skids. I am new to off roading so I really don't know what I need to cover with skids. These seem to cover just about everything. They are a bit heavy at 240 but that is low and spread out over much of the truck.

https://motobilt.com/products/jeep-jt-gladiator-skid-system

ArTec Industries is another option but they are about twice the price and do not cover as much of the trucks undercarriage.

https://www.artecindustries.com/jtskidplate-al36

What do you all think? Thank you for your time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I had this same choice.. Motobilt is what I went with & I am glad I did.. Over Metalcloak because of the coverage & over artec because of both coverage & material. I value protecting my brand new truck in the rocks over the weight for sure.

I have beat on these & used the skidplates as a crutch to make up for my lack of lockers. Giving more skinny pedal to bounce & slide over where I otherwise wouldnt make it.

This was during install so one of the plates was still missing.

Jeep Gladiator Skid Plate Questions IMG_0728

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
I had this same choice.. Motobilt is what I went with & I am glad I did.. Over Metalcloak because of the coverage & over artec because of both coverage & material. I value protecting my brand new truck in the rocks over the weight for sure.

I have beat on these & used the skidplates as a crutch to make up for my lack of lockers. Giving more skinny pedal to bounce & slide over where I otherwise wouldnt make it.

This was during install so one of the plates was still missing.

Jeep Gladiator Skid Plate Questions IMG_0728
Did you have to paint it or is it jut the light? Looks like they are bare steel on their web site.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have to paint it or is it jut the light? Looks like they are bare steel on their web site.
They come bare steel.. You could paint it.. But I had mine powdercoated.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
If you’re not rock crawling, the stock skids are sufficient. The rear fame-side lower control arm mounts are more susceptible to damage than pretty much anything else.
Sponsored