First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
As I continue to order parts for my as yet unbuilt JTR EcoDiesel, I am discovering a lot of parts for the underside are now specifically saying they are not for the diesel (as in the case of AMP steps/rock sliders) or are simply saying they are for the 3.6 gasser, like the Motobilt, Rockhard and Metalcloak skid plate systems. I think there is a fuel filter that may be tucked in somewhere underneath that is going to cause problems with armor, but I don't know what else. I know we will figure out more when we see the JT EcoDiesels in real life, but does anybody have any intel on the subject or know of vendor(s) who have committed to making skid plates and sliders for the diesel? With the long wheelbase, it seems that a slick set of skid plates is going to be very important on the JT.
Step sliders from Rockslide Engineering fit perfect and unlike the AMP brand are nearly indestructible. Went thru a set of Amp and BestTop steps on my JKUR. one little hit with a rock and they are destroyed. Not so with Rockslide. You get what you pay for.
Sponsored