Sponsored

Skyjacker 2.5"/1" lift, any experiences?

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Was the rubbing in the front or the rear? Do you have extended bump stops?

Great pictures btw. Looks like a good time!
Rubbing was back tire, the kit was 2.5” front, 1.5” leveling in the back with springs and shocks all the way around, included bump stops. And yes, it was definitely a good time, a few challenging areas to work through, but thankfully no scratches
Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Rubbing was back tire, the kit was 2.5” front, 1.5” leveling in the back with springs and shocks all the way around, included bump stops. And yes, it was definitely a good time, a few challenging areas to work through, but thankfully no scratches
How are the black max shocks holding, compared to oe? Did you get before/after height measure? Debating between this, 3.5, or RC 3.5. Don't know if ill be doing as much flexing as u did.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How are the black max shocks holding, compared to oe? Did you get before/after height measure? Debating between this, 3.5, or RC 3.5. Don't know if ill be doing as much flexing as u did.
I changed tires to 34" Nitto Ridge Grappler at the same time, so I can't give accurate before/after numbers, but I'm very comfortable with the ride afterwards.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
One-year follow up on the Skyjacker lift and Nitto tire upgrade....

The Skyjacker lift did NOT continue meeting our needs as we took on more challenging trails. I have videos showing all the bounce and sway that we experienced coming off of rocks and other obstacles. On one tight spot the cab rocked into a tree on the other side and got a small scratch through the paint. We're the slow and steady type, so it’s not because we’re coming down too aggressively.

Not casting judgment but for mall crawlers it could be a comfortable enough ride. That said, we just upgraded to a Rubicon and I can tell even these low end Fox shocks provide a more comfortable ride on washboard fire roads. We’re putting the Clayton 3.5 Overland on our Rubicon to go along with Nitto Trail Grapplers. The 35 Ridge Grapplers held up great, no complaints after 15k miles whatsoever, we just want a bit more Offroad protection for the sidewalls.
Sponsored