Skyjacker 2.5 lift!

Jbruss08

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Sport S
I didn’t see much out there about this kit, but it went on sale for like $480 on Morris 4x4 so I bought and installed it!

I only had one issue on the install and that was I was missing the bushings for a rear shock.. they weren’t in the box. With there being only maybe 1” difference I left the stock shocks for now on the rear until I can get that bushing. I called skyjacker but they didn’t answer, so I will call Monday.

Looks wise I love it. I maybe could have gone even a little higher. I’m considering maybe adding a spacer, adjustable sway bar links, and geo brackets. We will see.

Before and After
5ACC3624-69A8-4698-B1D6-6E3C552C69F5.jpeg
DCE97C5E-2EA3-4E4E-AEB4-7AE72C39D78B.jpeg
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
What was the model number of your lift? I went with the G250MSB 2.5"/1.0" lift. Mine didn't come with rear shock extensions...Only fronts. Going only 1" in the rear didn't require them.

OP
OP
Jbruss08

Jbruss08

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What was the model number of your lift? I went with the G250MSB 2.5"/1.0" lift. Mine didn't come with rear shock extensions...Only fronts. Going only 1" in the rear didn't require them.
Mine was the full spring lift with m95 shocks G251PMLT.

It came with new shocks but the bushings for that one rear shock were just missing.

Your new rims and 37s look awesome btw!

Vjammin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S Max Tow
Lookin good! I'm thinkin of doin the same thing. Are those 35s?

Considering changing the control arms or getting an adjustable track bar? I've heard that 2" is kinda the threshold for the need for a trackbar but seems like control arms should be put on to maintain geometry.

OP
OP
Jbruss08

Jbruss08

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lookin good! I'm thinkin of doin the same thing. Are those 35s?

Considering changing the control arms or getting an adjustable track bar? I've heard that 2" is kinda the threshold for the need for a trackbar but seems like control arms should be put on to maintain geometry.
Thanks! They are 295/70/17s but they measure out to 33” mounted and on the jeep. So close but not quite. I found a deal on them for 175 each so I did them instead of 35s and I’m pleased for now. 37s in the future when these wear out.

Surprisingly I don’t think it needs control arms but any higher it would. It tracks and handles better than my Jk with a 2” lift did. I still need to center the steering but not by much. I mean the Mopar lift lca’s are only 1/4” longer. I’ve been on the interstate briefly and all seemed fine. I’ll keep the thread updated though if it seems needed.

Sponsored

Theoz385

First Name
TED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR. 2013 CAMARO ZL1
Occupation
SERVICE WRITER
HOW IS THE RIDE WITH THIS KIT????

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I didn’t see much out there about this kit, but it went on sale for like $480 on Morris 4x4 so I bought and installed it!

I only had one issue on the install and that was I was missing the bushings for a rear shock.. they weren’t in the box. With there being only maybe 1” difference I left the stock shocks for now on the rear until I can get that bushing. I called skyjacker but they didn’t answer, so I will call Monday.

Looks wise I love it. I maybe could have gone even a little higher. I’m considering maybe adding a spacer, adjustable sway bar links, and geo brackets. We will see.

Before and After
Jeep Gladiator Skyjacker 2.5 lift! DCE97C5E-2EA3-4E4E-AEB4-7AE72C39D78B
Jeep Gladiator Skyjacker 2.5 lift! DCE97C5E-2EA3-4E4E-AEB4-7AE72C39D78B
This is a spacer lift 2.5” front and 1” rear??

OP
OP
Jbruss08

Jbruss08

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HOW IS THE RIDE WITH THIS KIT????
Sorry it has been a minute since I was on here! Ride is great! I think the weak point may be the shocks but I like the ride better than my rancho kit I had on my JK.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
insurance broker
Has anyone purchased the black max shocks? i just bought the black max ones and am nervous they won't hold up. I only go off roading on the weekends maybe 2-3 days per month. I'm just trying to use this until my lease is up and then get a rubicon gladiator or wrangler and have the mopar lift installed. I guess my quesiton would be how long can i expect the shocks to hold up with off roading?
Sponsored