haz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
e commerce
Vehicle Showcase
We bumped it up a notch this week...3.5” Clayton Overland lift, 37” KM3’s, KM100 Sync wheels, and Warn EVO 12s winch. Trying to decide if we go stubby on the bumper or not.
Jeep Gladiator Snazzberry Gladiator JT club 955351EF-0513-41CF-B3D7-4346C427D6FD

Jeep Gladiator Snazzberry Gladiator JT club 955351EF-0513-41CF-B3D7-4346C427D6FD

Nice!! I'd keep the bumper as is for a bit and then go to stubby in a couple of months for a fresh feel, anyway that's what I'm doing. which steps/sliders are those?? thanks

Sponsored

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!! I'd keep the bumper as is for a bit and then go to stubby in a couple of months for a fresh feel, anyway that's what I'm doing. which steps/sliders are those?? thanks
Funny that you mentioned the bumper...that’s the debate with the wife right now.

These are the Mopar Performance Rails. Best price was from Bam Wholesale. I liked some of the frame mounted rails as well, but decided on these.

haze521

First Name
haz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
e commerce
Vehicle Showcase
Funny that you mentioned the bumper...that’s the debate with the wife right now.

These are the Mopar Performance Rails. Best price was from Bam Wholesale. I liked some of the frame mounted rails as well, but decided on these.
yeah, I always liked the stubby look, but the full bumper looks nice too and you can always switch it up, I'm doing the 2.5" EVO enforcer stage 4 kit in the next couple of weeks when I find the time to throw it on, from what I hear it nets to about 3.5" but we'll see, I'm also doing 37's debating between km3's and toyo MT's, how do you like your KM3's did you notice a big difference in power, gas etc after upgrading? are you planning on re gearing? or have you re geared already? any other upgrades you think you'll need to run those? sorry so many questions since I'll have almost the same set up as you. thanks for the info on the rails

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yeah, I always liked the stubby look, but the full bumper looks nice too and you can always switch it up, I'm doing the 2.5" EVO enforcer stage 4 kit in the next couple of weeks when I find the time to throw it on, from what I hear it nets to about 3.5" but we'll see, I'm also doing 37's debating between km3's and toyo MT's, how do you like your KM3's did you notice a big difference in power, gas etc after upgrading? are you planning on re gearing? or have you re geared already? any other upgrades you think you'll need to run those? sorry so many questions since I'll have almost the same set up as you. thanks for the info on the rails
A regear is the big question to be answered after we go pull our new trailer some. We worked with a fantastic local Jeep shop here in Maryland on the build and the owner pulls a trailer with his own JTR on 37’s and he thought we’d be fine. I checked on the highway and we were in 8th gear doing 65 pretty easily, so I haven’t felt any immediate need. We didn’t get to off-road this weekend as we had planned though, so I’ll know more after this next weekend. Otherwise I don’t plan to do a drive shaft for at least the first year, and will wait to see if the axels show stress before deciding to upgrade. So no major mechanical work planned for now. Maybe some additional skids, but now with pulling a trailer I have to watch my overall payload, so will be slow to add weight.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just realized that I didn't answer your question on tires, so far the KM3's have been fine on the road but they're built for offroad as the priority. After 12k to 15k miles, I may end up wishing that I had gone K02's but we'll see. I was first going with the Nitto Trail Grapplers, but after waiting a month for them, only to hear it could be another month of waiting, I pulled the trigger on the KM3s.

I don't know enough about gas mileage yet, but really it has zero bearing in almost anybody's decision making when talking 37's...After I drive for a month or so I'll have a better idea what we're averaging.

Sponsored

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, you really got the cherry red to come out in that photo...it's amazing how different the color looks based on lighting. Ready to get our sunrider out as well and start popping open the top.

haze521

First Name
haz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
e commerce
Vehicle Showcase
I just realized that I didn't answer your question on tires, so far the KM3's have been fine on the road but they're built for offroad as the priority. After 12k to 15k miles, I may end up wishing that I had gone K02's but we'll see. I was first going with the Nitto Trail Grapplers, but after waiting a month for them, only to hear it could be another month of waiting, I pulled the trigger on the KM3s.

I don't know enough about gas mileage yet, but really it has zero bearing in almost anybody's decision making when talking 37's...After I drive for a month or so I'll have a better idea what we're averaging.
thanks, I’m having a hard time finding 37’s here in California there’s a national delay and that’s on most known brands or at least the ones I’d go with like km3’s and toyo mt’s which were my top choice I have the opportunity to buy a new set of 39” km3’s bu not sure I want to open that can of worms just yet 😬 cheers

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
thanks, I’m having a hard time finding 37’s here in California there’s a national delay and that’s on most known brands or at least the ones I’d go with like km3’s and toyo mt’s which were my top choice I have the opportunity to buy a new set of 39” km3’s bu not sure I want to open that can of worms just yet 😬 cheers
Is there really a difference in what you have to do to your truck with a 39 than with a 37? I would assume both require new gears, new axles, new suspension - basically everything new underneath, and possibly either a new engine or a supercharger to push those heavy beasts around.
Sponsored