First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Man, oh man. You have just experienced the nightmare of every new vehicle owner. Really sorry.
I haven't had any such occurrence with my JT but did have it happen to me as I sat at a red light on way to work. Was driving a 2010 Lincoln MKZ when a texting "soccer mom" in a SUV plowed into my rear. Like you, no injuries, except the sore neck/back but I was furious.
I'm sure her text message was worth it........
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I work at thePlain City Costco and usually goto Crown for dealer stuff and Performance is my other go-to. Thank you for the body shop recommendation as it was something Iā€™m not sure about. This is my first new vehicle and first accident.
They Byers ford in Delaware always did good work for me. I had my Prius rear ended twice in 2 years. First time just a bumper, second time bumper and latch. over 5.5 years later repair job is perfect still.

DavdZ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2016 Ural 2008 Mercury Mariner
I got rear ended on the passenger side rear bumper corner but the plastic sport bumpers are so weak it pushed into my rear bed panel and had to get a whole new bed panel and tailgate. A steal rear bumper should be anyones first mod after getting a new JT. You can see the warped metal in this photo.

IMG_20200801_141238.jpg
Mine's inthe shop getting repaired for something identical, same cresses and everything

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
Make sure they double check the frame. Looks like your class iv hitch was bent down. Thatā€™s a lot of force to do that. It should have bent some of the end portion of the frame rails.

If slightly bent and they pull it; get it in writing that everything lined up to original factory spec. (If you go to install something aftermarket, like a bumper, and the frame and everything isnā€™t perfect, it wonā€™t line up abs the install will be a pita.)

Sponsored

IamSpartacus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
retired
Glad you are ok. I feel your pain. My Overland was 1 month old with 900 miles on it when my neighbor backed out of his driveway and hit the side between the rear passenger door and the truck bed. It took 3 weeks just to get parts. My truck was in the shop for as long as I got to use it after purchase. Body shop did an excellent job, cannot tell anything happened.

slowstang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I hate people who are careless with driving. I ride motorcycles as well, every red light I have to stare in my mirrors to make sure the cars stop. Phones have caused a ton of issues on roadways with distracted drivers.

Sower3213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxxx
If phones/texting isnā€™t bad enough, now we got folks that think their Tesla gives them the ability to do this.......
Jeep Gladiator So Angry - Rear Ended 58DE17AE-002F-4C0D-855F-A908327ABAFF

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Gladiator, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Boeing
Thursday April 1st a guy decided he need over with me and did just that, didnā€™t do too much damage actually push the bumper into the tow hitch and bent the bracket how did in the body shop the next day and got it back last week

045D18DF-8F80-4C34-B063-BCD6659F5478.jpeg

67372144-B9FE-460B-B6C5-8253EB7AD9F2.jpeg

OP
OP
IamWardicus

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
Iā€™m starting my claims process today. Will see what happens. Dealership recommended a body shop and that shop when I visited had some very upscale customers there so that makes me a bit more comfortable.
Iā€™m sad in that I wonā€™t know what it is there is damage or stress to the drivetrain since there are no computer codes and the airbags (thankfully) didnā€™t deploy. Still makes me not want to keep the truck for the long term.

anyways I do insure through geico. Are there any additional things I need to check into besides repairs and diminished value?

Sponsored

mojave_dvk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Got rear ended today and driver fled the scene as I was pulling over. No airbags or personal injury aside from feeling a little whiplash. Tried calling police, but endless busy line and filed online. I canā€™t open the tailgate all the way and will seriously be considering the steel bumpers!!!! I was thinking I was going to waste money if I bought, but not thinking that anymore. I made it 20+ years of driving without any vehicle to vehicle collision and at least this one isnā€™t my fault.

Jeep Gladiator So Angry - Rear Ended B9178E14-7728-473C-8F62-CB14436E6448

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT, 1998 ram 12 valve
Occupation
Bum
I hate seeing this happen to others. The rubicon bed sliders go a long way in helping rear impact.
Also- in the channel behind the tail light is linkage that if sheetmetal is bent into, will hinder tailgate operation
Sponsored