First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra, Triumph motorcycles
Occupation
Risk Management
Prospective owner here. If I’m patient, is there a chance this color will return? Or the Gobi? Have 2022 colors been released?

Thanks everyone. Enjoying lurking the forum and learning.
Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Welcome! I have researched the Gobi part quite a bit, because my color of choice is related (Dune). Right now is the first time since 2010 (JK/JL/JT) that some kind of desert-themed color has not been available - I have a whole sheet like this I compiled from paintref:

Jeep Gladiator So I can’t place an order for Nacho.... 1617974686753

As far as Nacho, as has been said here before - perhaps that's nacho color. It is gone and really unlikely that it will be back. Same for Gobi; I think if they dropped it then that's because they intend to release a new color that would fit in my made up category above (and I hope that color is Dune).

Edit: One last thing - if you really want Nacho, there are still a few hundred around. You'll just have to be willing to travel and take whatever options or deals you can find.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Diggin' your chart, how long was the 'drought' :giggle: back before 2010?
Would like to see the 'green' version of that chart - I miss Commando

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Prospective owner here. If I’m patient, is there a chance this color will return? Or the Gobi? Have 2022 colors been released?

Thanks everyone. Enjoying lurking the forum and learning.
Not sure where you're located, but there's a Nacho Sport S sitting at the dealer near me in Hamburg, PA.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Diggin' your chart, how long was the 'drought' :giggle: back before 2010?
Would like to see the 'green' version of that chart - I miss Commando
You'd have to go back to 2006 to find "Light Khaki" - but jeep should be ashamed if they sell a "Mojave" model but not a good color for it.

I haven't paid quite as much attention to the greens as far as checking the Paintref data, but this is what I've got. Keep in mind this is including JL colors and Paintref did not include Gator yet:

Jeep Gladiator So I can’t place an order for Nacho.... 1617977360092

Sponsored

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Black Forest Green was one of my favorite Wrangler colors. That would have been my pick had it been available. Seeing as it's been 8 years, I guess that one won't be coming back. I'd love to know their reasoning behind adding/discontinuing colors. Too many models and too few color choices, IMO.

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
Put $100 in a jar every month you wait for Nacho to come back. How long until you can just buy white and have it painted exactly how you want it?

Just saying... waiting on a paint color that will probably never return and if it does would certainly be a narrow window... well seems a little almonds... maybe cashews... no just nuts.

I don't understand waiting on a maybe. Its close enough to wait and see whats announced for the new model year I guess. See if you like a new color more. I would probably if I didn't already get my color. If you want nacho just make it happen.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Put $100 in a jar every month you wait for Nacho to come back. How long until you can just buy white and have it painted exactly how you want it?

About 35 months, depending on how far you want to take the re-paint. That's almost 3 years, in that period there is a fair chance an acceptable version of your color might return 🤪

I am currently waiting on either a dune-ish or a Commando-ish type non-metallic earthy color. I was ready last year but they drug their feet on the diesel option, then dropped my colors (wtf) If I am going to pay $60K for a vehicle it damn-well will be something I like, not 'something I can live with'. Your results may vary -

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
About 35 months, depending on how far you want to take the re-paint. That's almost 3 years, in that period there is a fair chance an acceptable version of your color might return 🤪

I am currently waiting on either a dune-ish or a Commando-ish type non-metallic earthy color. I was ready last year but they drug their feet on the diesel option, then dropped my colors (wtf) If I am going to pay $60K for a vehicle it damn-well will be something I like, not 'something I can live with'. Your results may vary -
My Gobi is for sale. Right on your budget.
Jeep Gladiator So I can’t place an order for Nacho.... 20201212_090750

Sponsored

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker

So... worth it either way.😁👍

My point was just why wait... it's silly. I lucked out with timing but I get wanting what you want. So go get it. Why wait on something that may never occur.

OP
OP

Monkeywrench

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra, Triumph motorcycles
Occupation
Risk Management
Thanks everyone. I was just trying to get a feel for how often jeep takes away and then re-introduces a color. I’m just gonna have to back up on my plan to order and look for one in dealer stock.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
If you have a diesel Gobi JT you have 'unobtainium'
That 3.6 Gobi is 60k - a loaded -7% invoice JTRD with taxes in my state is 59K. Heck of a premium for Gobi, but can't say I haven't been tempted.
Sponsored