So what’s up with these eBay bumpers?

slicermd

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I’ve been shopping around looking for a mopar steel 3-piece front bumper or something similar. Seems like going price is 850-1200 depending on vendor. Then on eBay you see a bunch of what APPEARS to be this bumper for $450. What’s the deal? Third party ripoff?? Anyone bought one of these and have a review??
Sponsored

Deleted member 30519

I heard a lot of people on here where getting that on ebay and liked it. I'm not sure if it's a knock off though.

OP
OP

slicermd

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oem u need a winch plate but the eBay knockoff comes with the winch plate
What’s the quality of these knockoffs? Anyone know where they are being made?

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow

Sponsored

microboby

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon , TJ Rubicom , Tesla X
I have it for a couple months now , no winch in place and bumper works just fine . Yes its not a molar quality control item but its a 3rd of the price . Have not had one single complain about it . I used my LED lights and Tow hocks . I also got some plastic plugs I Believe 1.5" to cover the Parking sensor holes that they come with and looks perfect .

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
Looks like they are also sold on Amazon for $450. The reviews I've read and watched are positive. Seriously tempted to pick one up.

Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
A lot of feedback in here. Short story, cheaper yes, but powder coat isn't as good, recovery hooks can bend easy under load, LED fog lights aren't as good, and who knows if the winch plate is up for the task of a serious recovery. If you're just going for the "looks", go for it. If you're looking for something worth its weight, buy aftermarket or the actual MOPAR one.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...el-bumper-not-a-knock-off-pretty-legit.47692/

OP
OP

slicermd

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot of feedback in here. Short story, cheaper yes, but powder coat isn't as good, recovery hooks can bend easy under load, LED fog lights aren't as good, and who knows if the winch plate is up for the task of a serious recovery. If you're just going for the "looks", go for it. If you're looking for something worth its weight, but aftermarket or the actual MOPAR one.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...el-bumper-not-a-knock-off-pretty-legit.47692/
That’s what I’m wondering. The mopar steel bumper doesn’t ‘look’ that different from the plastic one. I want to upgrade for winch and recovery purposes.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
I have heard of rusting on the knockoff version - most likely due to inconsistent and thin powdercoat.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
I can confirm the rust, and the super thin powdercoat that scratches easily.

I have rust at the junctions with the end pieces and at every screw location where I had to retighten the bolts due to them loosening up.

slowstang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Most of the aftermarket bumpers rust out after about a year. Try to get mopar if you can!
Sponsored