Sponsored

So...you wanna lift your Mojave. (And not ruin it)

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Teraflex adjustable trackbar question. I was just under my Mojave and noticed that when I grab a hold of the bar, it rocks back and forth clanking in the mounts. Bolts are torqued. Is this slop normal? The play seems between the bolt and the sleve/bushing thingy.
No that doesnt sound right to me at all.
Sponsored

We are in trouble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I was afraid so. I can feel that slop in the steering.
With that much play between the axil and frame I can feel it in the steering. I've experienced this before in other rigs. Not something I want or will tolerate. Got a message out to Teraflex not sure what that will accomplish. I'll pull it and see if I have the right hardware (bolt). Other than that I'll replace it with something else. Can you suggest another adjustable track bar other than Teraflex? And Thanks again!

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Teraflex responded. Says ":that movement is how their engineers designed it. To give the bar and bushing maximum amount of movement so it does't bind and stop flex".
Im not smart enough to see how that is a good idea. But im also learning that my use of my jeep is a whole lot different than many other people’s, (rock bashers) and you have to look carefully at products before you buy them.

I never would have realized that “””feature””” before installing, because it never would have occurred to me to ask. But there is no way id leave that on. Emergency lane change on a laden truck with a track bar that moves like that? No thanks. Maybe it doesnt matter and maybe im behind the curve on this. Totally possible. But i cant see myself ever being able to trust it.

We are in trouble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Im not smart enough to see how that is a good idea. But im also learning that my use of my jeep is a whole lot different than many other people’s, (rock bashers) and you have to look carefully at products before you buy them.

I never would have realized that “””feature””” before installing, because it never would have occurred to me to ask. But there is no way id leave that on. Emergency lane change on a laden truck with a track bar that moves like that? No thanks. Maybe it doesnt matter and maybe im behind the curve on this. Totally possible. But i cant see myself ever being able to trust it.
I hear ya. If I was looking for a maximum amount flex then I could see it. But not this project. I'm looking for more stability and control. I'm looking for another TB.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I hear ya. If I was looking for a maximum amount flex then I could see it. But not this project. I'm looking for more stability and control. I'm looking for another TB.
Thats what i would do. But maybe someone smarter than me can come in and correct the thinking.

Im super happy with my @Clayton Off Road stuff. Its pure beef.

We are in trouble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Thats what i would do. But maybe someone smarter than me can come in and correct the thinking.

Im super happy with my @Clayton Off Road stuff. Its pure beef.
Looking at the Clayton TB now. Do you know if the TB hardware for the gladiator is the same for all trims? Only questing this because I'm finding not all things are. For instance shock mounts.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Looking at the Clayton TB now. Do you know if the TB hardware for the gladiator is the same for all trims? Only questing this because I'm finding not all things are. For instance shock mounts.
Afaik all things are the same except front shock mounts. None of my clayton parts were mojave specific. (Aca’s, tb, etc)

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Man i cant get any of rhese videos to play

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
My old TF trackbar on my JK would flex around the mount, but the mount itself wouldn't move. So it was solid side to side, but would still rotate on the bushings front to back. Does that make sense?

I never had any issue with steering sloppiness when I drove it. Maybe jack up the front and see if there is any play in the axle side to side?
Sponsored