Soft doors

Stlrfan152

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT
Anyone have the bestop soft doors and like them? My door pins keep bending so i want to get the soft doors, but ive heard they leak/ dont fit well.
Sponsored

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I had them on my JK, and they're we're good. But they aren't a 100% weather tight. They keep the rain out well but will usually have a small drip or seep(depending how well you line them up.
They will fit as good as you willingness to adjust them for a good fit.

I haven't got them for the JT just due to cost, and not knowing if I'll keep it after the lease

Whitepanther

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I've wanted some soft doors for the summer so I can take them off and put them back on a whim, but I just can't do it with their highway performance. Seeing videos and photos of people bungee cording them in, I just don't want to deal with that. Hoping some kind of sturdy product is in the works..

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I've wanted some soft doors for the summer so I can take them off and put them back on a whim, but I just can't do it with their highway performance. Seeing videos and photos of people bungee cording them in, I just don't want to deal with that. Hoping some kind of sturdy product is in the works..
I never had any issues on the highway with mine...but I took the time to adjust them as best I could. (that includes tweaking the tops inward so they had pressure on the seals when closed)

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I love our soft doors. I mean, I think they're one of the most fun products we offer and one of my favorites. They really embody what Jeeping is to me. They often get horrible reviews from people who aren't aware of the fact that they need some tweaking once on the vehicle or aren't aware of how to do it. Let me take a few minutes to give you the skinny.

These doors are fantastically fun IF you have the right expectations. A door made from wire frame and fabric will never behave as a full steel factory door will. They will be noisier, they won't have equal weather seal, but they will be more fun! These are doors that you can install or remove in a minute. You can drive to the trailhead with them on, then toss them in the back. What a great option to have! Or you can run doorless daily and pop these on when there's rain in the forecast. With this type of convenience, you will naturally have a compromise somewhere. They will still keep most of the heat it, %99 of the weather out, and provide a controlled cabin.

There are several adjustments that can be made. There are 2 nuts behind a flap of fabric that can be loosened to cant the doors up or downward. There is some tolerance built into the latches for fine tuning. You WILL NEED to bend them, you will not break a weld in doing so, don't be shy. Stand between the open door and the Jeep. Grab the top front corner of the upper and pull down. Repeatedly. You want this to make contact with the windshield frame before the rest of the door; you want preload when it closes.
Pro Tip: leave the latch installed but loose. Shut the door. Tighten the latch where it naturally wants to sit.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I missed anything!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I have a set of your soft doors for my YJ, and I absolutely love them. Super light and they break down small enough to fit behind the back seat. I can't wait to pick up a set for my JT.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Will the bestop soft doors work with the factory hard top? From their website it looks like they are only compatible with the factory soft top.

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
What I don't understand is why do they not offer the set of 4 doors for a discount?
Last I checked the Gladiator only comes as a 4 door.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Will the bestop soft doors work with the factory hard top? From their website it looks like they are only compatible with the factory soft top.
Yes they do. (Regular doors work with both hard and soft tops, so the closure area is the same)

Sponsored

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
Yes the Gladiator is only available in a 4-door but the same doors are used on JL 2 and 4 door models.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I understand that, but why are the doors not sold as a complete set for people that have a 4 door Gladiator or Wrangler. And at a small discount. When buying a replacement front or rear door from Jeep, they are not the same price.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I understand that, but why are the doors not sold as a complete set for people that have a 4 door Gladiator or Wrangler. And at a small discount. When buying a replacement front or rear door from Jeep, they are not the same price.
I understand where that sounds like a great simple idea on the surface but there are increased warehouse costs that result from SKU proliferation in a given product category that would ultimately result in a higher product cost.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
From their website it looks like they are only compatible with the factory soft top.
May I ask what gave you that impression? I'm asking because I would like to identify if we have something incorrect or if there's something that could be worded better.

Thanks!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

worked

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 2021
Occupation
Cyber Security Engineering Manager
May I ask what gave you that impression?
See screenshot below (highlighted section). Specifically calls out factory soft tops, but no mention of hard tops. I had the same question. Same technical specs for front and rear doors.

Jeep Gladiator Soft doors Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 11.49.15 AM
Sponsored