Soft topper recommendations?

Rvansickle

First Name
ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JT
I’m trying to decide on witch topper to go with, best top, soft topper and outlander. Anyone have experience with any of these?
Sponsored

wildtaco

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
23’ Diesel Rubicon Sarge Green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I haven't bought it yet but I've decided on the best top topper. I don't like how the softopper attaches to the Jeep tailgate using adhesive velcro strips, and didn't like the shape of the softopper and outlander top.

1stXMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
There's also Fastop, Razortop, and Wild Top to look at.

I've had a Softopper for 3 years now and it has served me well. I do find myself wanting more versatility sometimes though. I think I'd go for the Razortop if I did it again.

Sponsored

Pickles85

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Grand Cherokee L
I think the bestop looks the best and just waiting to pull the trigger on a twill version to match my sunrider

Kajo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Soldier
I have had a Softopper for a little over a year. I also have a Topper Tent attached to it for sleeping in the back with the tailgate down. It has served me well and 100% happy with it.

I chose it over the Bestop because of the lines like Jerhemi mentioned. I also looked at the Wild Top and like the lines but wanted one that folded down easily.

I have made one small "cosmetic" change to it. I took off the bed rails recently and painted them black since the gray color irritated me when I had the top down or removed.

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
While I do not own a topper yet, I am currently deciding also and leaning Softopper. After signing up for their newsletter or whatever it's called, it looks like Softopper is a division of @Bestop ?? Sorry if this is common knowledge or if I'm wrong then please tell me, but I'm new to all this. After looking at all the options listed here, it looks like the Softopper is the only one where a bed rack can fit over it. They have the Datin Fab rack listed on their site and @KB Voodoo is releasing a rack in the next few weeks. Maybe the Voodoo will be cross compatible with some of the other topper options?

Also, if you go on the Softopper site, you can email them for free samples of the fabric to determine which color you'd want or if you'd want the black twill or regular black...

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
The premium twill SuperTop was a no-brainer for me, but it looks like you have the hardtop, so the sailcloth may look better actually.
In either case, I'm very happy with the functionality of the bestop version, the bar across the tailgate is a bit of an annoyance but as previously mentioned, its better than velcro.

Jeep Gladiator Soft topper recommendations? Steel2

Sponsored

danimal2000

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I have the outlander and I'm pretty happy with it. I only install it for road trips with the dogs though, I don't keep it on full time. Very quality construction, heavy canvas like material. Side panel "windows" are tinted and removable, or can be vented.
I considered a hard shell but couldn't justify the expense for something I knew I wouldn't leave on permanently.

Gray Matter Jeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
n/a
The premium twill SuperTop was a no-brainer for me, but it looks like you have the hardtop, so the sailcloth may look better actually.
In either case, I'm very happy with the functionality of the bestop version, the bar across the tailgate is a bit of an annoyance but as previously mentioned, its better than velcro.

Jeep Gladiator Soft topper recommendations? Steel2
Um, your Taillight looks loose. Are you aware of this?

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Um, your Taillight looks loose. Are you aware of this?
The damn things just won't stay put!!
Jeep Gladiator Soft topper recommendations? wreck

Seriously though, that's just the fisheye from my phone camera

Gray Matter Jeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
n/a
The damn things just won't stay put!!
Jeep Gladiator Soft topper recommendations? wreck

Seriously though, that's just the fisheye from my phone camera
Did a Trail Tree get ya? I am nervous about that so I upgraded to the Oracle tail lights, then one of those burt out. LOL Good news though Oracle replaced it speedy quick.
Sponsored